Why try it? Keeping a food diary makes you more likely to meet your goals. In one study people that kept track of what they were eating lost TWICE as much weight.
EatRight keeps you focused on what you're eating without forcing you to calculate exact portions and calories. You don't have to search for every little item on your plate. You can spend a little more time enjoying your meals. Just swipe up to start counting.
"I love your app, too many people try to count calories or points & it is too much work. I love how this app works with IOS7 with just swipes I can enter my food." - Kimberly E.
"I am a dietician and your app is one of the first that I have found that I like. But the only thing that's missing is a 'fats' category." - Shannon B.
◉ Designed for iOS 7 and 8 and ready to help you eat better.
Instead, break your meals and snacks into the basic food groups and keep track of portions. It's a simpler way to make sure you're eating a balanced diet.
Some info on common portions is included for each group, and you can also track your fluid intake and the amount of time you exercise every day.
Every day starts with a fresh checklist and a nice background image to inspire you. Scroll up to reveal the buttons for each tracked item - the custom background blurs out of focus. Your totals form a bar graph so it's easy to see how well you're doing.
Previously featured in Bon Appetit magazine!
MAKE IT YOURS
You can pick a background image for each day. Choose from the built-in ones or import one from your own Photos.
Don't like the food group colors? Pick from dozens and come up with your own color theme.
- REMINDERS you can enable to stay on target
- Ability to enable/disable the WATER and EXERCISE tracking
- Import your own CUSTOM background
- Watch your background blur gradually as you scroll
- Dozens of COLORS to pick from for any item you track
- See today's progress and yesterday's progress
- Open the HISTORY view to see all previous days
- Configurable daily reset time, great for night shift workers
- Built-in male / female plans work for 90% of people
- Adjust the portion goals to create your own diet plan
- Increment your totals by full or half portion amounts
- Help available in the app for any of the food groups
- Grains, Vegetables, Fruits, Dairy, Protein, Oils, Water, Activty
Contact me if you need anything!
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Fixes iOS 8 launch crash that affected new customers. So sorry that happened.
- Minor clean-up and fixes
Thanks for your support.
Ratings and Reviews
Ok, but could be improved
Not a bad app, but certainly needs some fixes, and then perhaps a few feature additions that I think would expand its appeal enormously.
(1) You shouldn't have to swipe up when the app starts. The initial screen serves no purpose.
(2) Swiping to add serves can be unresponsive and frustrating at times and needs a lot more calibration, perhaps for the different screen sizes (I'm on an iPhone 6 and it's not great).
(3) I don't understand how the daily percentage is calculated. Going a serve over in a group can suddenly put you up to 140% ?!?
(4) When setting custom serving goals, setting 0 (i.e. my intention is to not eat any of that food group) makes the daily total NAN or INF. A bug there. Why set at goal of zero? Because there's no way to track bad foods, so I use oils and set the goal as none. So...
(5) It would GREAT to be able to add your own food groups (good - say nuts and seeds, or bad - say fried foods). The user should be able to interpret the groups as suits them. This would expand the functionality and appeal of the app enormously.
(6) Finally, need to be able to reorder the groups. Currently oils comes last in the list, above exercise and water. Oils are a food and logically different from exercise in particular. It should be visually separate, or at least ordered differently. Custom ordering would allow this.
Need custom food groups
If I was able to add my own custom food groups like nuts/seeds, legumes, and starchy vegetables, the app would be perfect for me. They wouldn't need to have special icons, just text. A dietitian has put me on a diet to gain weight, and all of those categories are included. I also like the idea of being able to reorder the progress bars. Then I could make it look more like the food plan I've gotten used to.
I don't think I'll be able to use this app until that feature is added.
Good idea, but not ideal.
You should be able to track portions for each meal of the day. I find myself forgetting if I entered everything, or sometimes I over enter food groups. Having it broken up into separate would be easier to track. Also, I follow a mostly Paleo diet so the fact that you can’t cut out the Grains section because it’s “essential” is bothersome. Also the Oils category is optional? What about healthy fats, people? Let the user decide which food groups are essential to their own body.
Overall I like the simplified the app, I just am not a fan of the format or settings options.
The developer, Steven Romej, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Steven Romej
- 2.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Steven Romej
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.