A highly playable and extremely flexible "echo centric" multi effects processor. Echo Pad is capable of an endless range of sounds including authentic dub echo, crystal echoes and multi-tap delay, to chaotic self-oscillating analog delays and bit crushed mayhem.
Compatible with Audiobus 2 including full state saving, Inter-App Audio, and USB audio interfaces. Control Echo Pad's parameters via MIDI and sync to external MIDI clock or IAA clock for beat synced delays. Guitarists will appreciate features like delay ducking and gated feedback.
Effects include: Tape Echo, Shimmer Delay, Oil Can Delay, Multi-Tap (up to 6 taps), Stereo Delay, Decimator, Flanger, Distortion,Smooth Filter, Loopers and more.
>SmiteMatterMusic: "Echo Pad is so innovative all around. I never knew just how much I needed this until I had it in my hands. I recommend giving it a try." (www.smitematter.com)
>Jordan Rudess/Wizdom Music: "This is a super fantastic - extremely trippy effects app, which harnesses the power of an iOS device to offer you control that is only possible on a multitouch device. "
Process live audio from nearly any input source, including Audiobus and Inter-App Audio compatible hosts such as Auria and Cubasis, use the built in mic, professional audio interfaces such as the Apogee Jam, Apogee MIC, iRig HD, and more. Guitarists can use our effects live by connecting the output of their audio interface to an amp.
Visit our YouTube channel for demonstration videos and tutorials on Echo Pad. http://youtube.com/holdernessmedia
More info: www.holdernessmedia.com
Check out our entire FX series including Caramel, Crystalline, Stereo Designer and Swoopster!
● requires iOS 8.0 or later
● iPad Mini/iPad 2 or newer recommended (performance may suffer on older devices)
● iPhone 4s/iPod 5 or newer recommended (performance may suffer on older devices)
● Audiobus 2 compatible (Effect, state saving )
● Inter-App audio compatible (effect node)
● Compatible with DAW apps such as Auria, Cubasis, and Garageband
● Import/Export from AudioShare
● AudioCopyPaste 2.0 compatible
● Core MIDI compatible
● Supports Audiobus 2.0 state saving, Effect slot
● Inter-App Audio compatible (effect node)
● Stereo input and effects processing
● Control Echo Pad via MIDI
● Sync to external MIDI clock for beat synced delays
● Realtime analog style delay/looper
● Delay ducking and gated feedback
● 18 Effects
● 60 factory presets + save custom presets
● Multi-touch XY control of effect parameters + stereo panning for expressive control
● Automate effects parameters using the Motion Looper.
● Sound on sound looper with feedback control for creating layered loops on the fly
● Dual mini scratch loopers - record a loop, then scratch like a turntable
● Universal app
● Select presets via MIDI program change
● Works with headphones as well as most iOS and professional USB audio interfaces including:
■ Apogee Jam
■ Apogee Mic
■ iConnectMidi 2+
■ iConnectMidi 4+
■ iRig iMic
■ Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (*requires USB hub)
■ Apogee ONE (*requires external power thru USB hub)
■ Apogee GIO (*requires external power thru USB hub)
■ many more
● Audiobus 2.0 (Effect, State Saving)
● Inter-App Audio compatible (effect node)
● supports "Import/Export to AudioShare" functionality.
Loops and recordings created with Echo Pad can be exported directly to the AudioShare app for easy audio file management.
● supports new AudioCopyPaste 2.0 for sharing loops and recordings made within Echo Pad, as well as playback and process pasted audio from other apps using Echo Pad in realtime.
● recordings & loops are also exported to iTunes File Sharing for access on your Mac/PC
• Audiobus 3 ready
• Added option to save state on quit and recall when app is next launched (To enable, tap "Options", then "Save State")
• minor bugfixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
still the best live dub delay on iOS
Great for live dub. The pitch changes with the delay time, like a proper old delay. Many apps get that wrong. Feedback control goes to way over 100%, allowing immediate self-generation. Works fine on iOS 11.
A real gem.
I've been sitting on this app for sometime now. I had a hard time figuring it out as it doesn't seem real intuitive (atleast to me) turns out that it is easier than it looks. There is a 10 minute video on the developers site that will get you up to speed real quick. (He also shows you how to optimize and clear apps from memory that i find myself showing people all the time) I love this app and shame on me for letting it sit for 3 months. I would suggest labels for the two dry/mix and feedback sliders located in the top middle of the controls. If you happen to have a recording interface on your computer and Irig cable, you should run an output into the Irig and headphone out back into your interface, to create an effects loop I've been getting some good mileage out of that as well. If you feel its christmas every time you see updates available on your AppStore icon then this guy is santy klouse!
A great effect sitting in the middle of the bus!
Echo pad has been around and steadily improves its feature set. I especially liked when the oil can delay came out. It somehow fit just right with a tune I was working on, doing a cool number on some percussion, and I was thankful then but never got around to saying it. It's almost too feature laden for me and I'm not bagging on the app at all, I just don't get around to all the automated parameter control and the use of the turntables for looping- I think...(probably would be handier than my slow process...) and the various other semi automated parameters and loopers. I think that since I have older hardware I have to make sacrifices and I really love a minimal interface that just has the capacity to do sonic mayhem and with echo pad you got yourself a modern bunch of SPX90's and then some - ready to tackle the subtle or armed for industrial music if you want to head that way! Thanks for the great app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.