Propel your career, get a degree, or expand your knowledge at any level with online courses from the world’s best universities and industry-leading companies.
edX brings online courses from the world’s best universities and industry-leading companies to your mobile device, making it easy for you to learn something new and build job-relevant skills in today’s fastest growing fields.
Learn anytime, anywhere
With edX’s free app, you have the freedom to learn on your own schedule:
Stream online classes in data science, blockchain, Python, and more to learn on the go
Download online courses to watch anytime
Test your knowledge with quizzes and exams as you advance through each course
View course announcements and handouts
Use the advanced search to find courses in any subject, from programming to philosophy to history and more
Explore online courses from 30+ subjects, including:
* Computer science – Learn programming in Python, C++, Java, R, and more. Delve into in-demand topics like artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data, cloud computing, and cybersecurity.
* Business & Management - Build your knowledge in accounting, marketing, finance, economics, information technology, entrepreneurship, and more.
* Mathematics - Master your skills in calculus, statistics, and algebra with math courses from high school to college level.
* Science & Engineering: Explore biology, chemistry, robotics, manufacturing, and various engineering fields.
* Language: Learn a new language, including Spanish, Mandarin, French, English, and sign language.
Choose from thousands of courses in those popular subjects and more, including art, law, politics, and history.
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage of their lives. As a global nonprofit, we’re pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.
Visit us: edx.org
Like us: facebook.com/edx
Follow us: twitter.com/edxonline and instagram.com/edxonline
- Resume Course: Never lose your place again — it’s now easy to get back to learning wherever you left off.
- Checkmarks: We’ll check things off as you complete them so you can keep track of your progress.
- Celebrations: Share your learning journey with your friends and celebrate what you’ve accomplished.
- Improved Dates Page: You can now access units directly from the dates page via quick links.
- General improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I was able to download the app, create an account, find and enroll in a course, and watch the introductory video within a matter of minutes. There appears to be a large number of available courses covering a wide range of topics. Each course has a syllabus as well as detailed descriptions of the parting knowledge one will have acquired upon completion. Instructors will grade your submissions through the class, yielding a final grade. There’s even an option to receive an official certificate of completion. I’ll hold off on that prior to more research—it costs $99. Curiously, the few courses I looked at were offered through what one could call “3rd party affiliate universities”. Perhaps I didn’t read the full app description but I was under the impression these would be actual Harvard courses. Nevertheless, so far so good and I am looking forward to enjoying the learning process. Highly recommended.
World Class Teachings
As a seasoned professional, I am delighted to find free educational and reputable courses that are endorsed by Professors and Top Institutions across the Globe.
I would recommend taking courses if One is either 1) 'testing' out the waters to see if she/he is really wanting to pursue further certifications or degrees 2) to check off your "bucket list" aka-dreams of attending a Top Notch ranked higher institute of learning or simply for personal enrichment.
The concept of try before you "buy" is evident in the fee that is optional for the Certificate or Degree.
Lastly, the utilization of video instruction along with interesting and engaging Q&A enables a student to keep moving forward to quench Ones love for learning.
Before you spend time adding additional features, u need to make sure the basic features exist for the software u have developed. In this case, the ability to know where you left off in a video lecture. It is crucial. Coursera does a great job of highlighting where u are in the course although their last update was bizarre UX wise. Edx has a much nicer design but is missing some basics which mean people end up using the desktop version. I dont know about everyone else but Im not going to download the videos, so while the latest update is great for those that are, it would be great if the next feature to focus on is letting users know (via bookmark) where they are in the course. Also "last accessed" is not the same thing and should be an additional feature. I would also like to be able to hide or remove archived classes from my course list using some kind of filtering. But def not as important as basic bookmarking.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- edX Inc.
- 53.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, French, German, Hebrew, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2021 edX Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.