Tuta (formerly Tutanota), the fully secure encrypted email and calendar app, enables you to keep your private data private! We never compromise on security or privacy. Tuta comes with a light & beautiful GUI, a dark theme, offline availability, instant push notifications, auto-sync, full-text search, swipe gestures and more. The business email plans have flexible user management and admin levels so you can manage all your company’s email needs easily.
What you'll love about the Tuta email client for iOS:
- Create a free email address (ending in @tuta.com, @tutanota.com, @tutanota.de, @tutamail.com, @tuta.io or @keemail.me) with 1 GB of free storage.
- Create custom domain email addresses for €3 per month with optional catch-all & unlimited email addresses.
- Instant display of incoming emails, no need to swipe down to refresh.
- Instant access to your encrypted email, calendars & contacts - also when offline.
- Quick swipe gestures to manage your inbox easily.
- Instant push notifications.
- Auto-complete mail addresses as you type.
- Auto-sync between app, web and desktop email clients.
- Tuta is a free & open source (FOSS) email app so that security experts can check the code.
- Find everything you're looking for with our secure & private full-text search of your encrypted email.
- Anonymous registration without a phone number.
- Send calendar invites directly from the secure calendar app.
- Create an unlimited number of encrypted calendars with any paid plan.
- Send and receive end-to-end encrypted emails to anybody for free.
- Send and receive old-fashioned emails (not end-to-end encrypted).
- Automatically encrypt subject, content & attachments for maximum security.
- Business email with flexible user creation and admin levels.
The secure email app Tuta Mail enables you to send end-to-end encrypted emails to anybody. Even emails that are being sent without end-to-end encryption and all your contacts are stored securely encrypted on the Tutanota servers based in Germany. Tutanota also has an encrypted calendar, easily accessible from within the mail client.
Our passion for privacy.
Tuta Mail is being built by a team passionate about everybody's right to privacy. We are supported by an amazing community, which enables us to grow our team continuously, making the open source email app Tuta a lasting success without depending on venture capital interests.
Tuta respects you & your data:
- Only you can access your encrypted emails, calendars & contacts.
- Tuta does not track or profile you.
- Open source clients & apps.
- Innovative full-text search feature lets you easily search your mailbox.
- TLS with support of PFS, DMARC, DKIM, DNSSEC and DANE.
- Secure password reset that gives us absolutely no access.
- 100% developed and located in Germany under strict Data Protection Laws (GDPR).
- Uses 100% renewable energy.
Official website: https://tuta.com
Source code: https://github.com/tutao/tutanota
This distribution includes cryptographic software. The country in which you currently reside may have restrictions on the import, possession, use, and/or re-export to another country, of encryption software. BEFORE using any encryption software, please check your country's laws, regulations and policies concerning the import, possession, or use, and re-export of encryption software, to see if this is permitted. Seehttp://www.wassenaar.org/ for more information.
The U.S. Government Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), has classified this software as Export Commodity Control Number (ECCN) 5D002.C.1, which includes information security software using or performing cryptographic functions with asymmetric algorithms. The form and manner of this distribution makes it eligible for export under the License Exception ENC Technology Software Unrestricted (TSU) exception (see the BIS Export Administration Regulations, Section 740.13) for both object code and source code.
App remembers navigation state in Calendar
Fix showing dots for events in hidden calendars
Fix file downloads in some cases
Fix shortcuts using Ctrl instead of Cmd
Fix for multiselect in contacts
Fix rare search issue when switching between search types
Fix for disabled text fields
Fix for invalid calendar colors
Ratings and Reviews
Great service for E2E encryption.
I still use the free service and its fantastic. I could certainly use the added features of a paid plan, and its not expensive. I just cant do it. I still use other free services for normal email but when it comes to personal data or login/password confirmation, Tutanota is the only way to go. If I could setup the account to remove sensitive data and forward to my gmail I would have the perfect setup. Probably could with a paid plan, but having to use their client is a small price to pay for peace of mind. And that they are doing the tech heavy-lifting saves me time and resources
Thanks again for providing one of the truely top notch free internet services.
Developer Response ,
Thanks, we're happy you like our secure email & calendar app! Let us know what we should improve to get five stars.
I have been a paying customer for 4 years now. I joined after my privacy came into question with another service. There are so many benefits to this service it is incredible. Sure, services like this can be really frustrating for people that don’t understand their uses, but it is worth it when you really want some privacy.
The app itself is great on the whole. Pinching would be nice to blow up/shrink text, but that is minor to me. It would be nice to have the “Save credentials” checkbox farther away from the login, but again, this is minor.
For me, there are three things that would make this service itself second to none for years into the future. These are nit-picky because I know they are working through post quantum encryption. First, give the ability to have all incoming messages converted to plain text; yes, I understand that this may cause us to lose some content, but that may be worth it, especially late at night in the comfort of my bed. Second, give the ability to set a mono space font as default and the ability to use colored/highlighted text; the lack of coloring/highlighting can be a major inconvenience when I really need it. And third, the ability to send a self-destructing message. I don’t need it often, but an encrypted message that I know can then be destroyed would be the best piece of mind.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for rating our encrypted email and calendar app. We're glad you like it! 😍 We're already working on pinch to zoom, stay tuned!
BEST EMAIL SERVICE EVER!
The app is very comprehensive and extremely easy to used and work’s fantastic i have had zero problems while using it and there has been no trouble receiving or sending emails but what i really want to share is the service itself they have been absolutely amazing they are always quick to respond and have had perfect customer service even when i was late on my payment they were quick to email me and ask what was going on and it wasnt some machine sending a automated message either like most services “pay us money or else” i explained the situation and they were happy to help i asked for a small extension due to some emergencies that had happened and they agreed no problem i would recommend this service to anyone who needs a secure private email or really anyone who needs a email service in general if you are out there and you have some gmail account and dont mind spending a few bucks a month then due yourself a favor and switch over because its worth every penny and you wont have to deal with the typical nonsensical bull that most services put people through i love this service THANKS TUTANOTA! Keep being awesome
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your awesome feedback! 😍
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tutao GmbH
- 13.8 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Albanian, Armenian, Bengali, Bosnian, Breton, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Kurdish, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Norwegian Bokmål, Occitan, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tajik, Tamil, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- © 2024, Tutao GmbH