(AD FREE + NO SUBSCRIPTIONS) Meet Envy. Easy, simple, quick - digital envelopes. No linked accounts, no privacy concerns, no complexity. Other budgets will be jealous.
Recent 5-Star Reviews
"Love the simplicity of this app. We don’t want to carry cash around but wanted to still utilize the envelope system. This is the best app so far."
"I’ve gone through all the budgeting apps literally at least 30. All of them wanted my back information, didn’t offer digital envelopes, or was just over complicated! I needed an app that I could have 5-10 categories on that was easy to use and didn’t require me to put in all my bills and total salary."
"Good for people who want a simple way to track and control their spending. Very effective way of seeing what is left to spend. Clean and user-friendly interface."
After trying all the popular budgeting apps for years and running into the same issues over and over again....
• Ridiculous subscription models
• Continually recategorizing transactions
• Security concerns over linking cards and accounts
• Complicated graphs and features
• Long latency to update recent transactions
• Creating login accounts over and over again
• Verifying credentials repeatedly
...I created Envy. Simplistic budgeting that digitizes the cash envelope system and puts you back in the driver seat. Sure, it's manual but it's your money after all.
• Create unlimited envelopes to organize your budget and manage your money easily*
• Quick deposit refills all of your envelopes in one click (you can choose whether to exclude envelopes from this feature)
• Rename envelopes and update their budget without losing transactions.
• Move transaction easily from one envelope to another
• Start envelopes with negative balances
• See all your transactions in one place outside of each category
• Enter and edit transactions in under 5 seconds
• Export your transactions as a CSV
• Sort by date, transaction, amount, name, deposit and color
• Based on your local currency
• Dedicated solo developer that responds to emails :)
****TRY BEFORE YOU BUY
• Free version provides limited envelopes and viewable transactions that demonstrate the functionality and ease of use.
Hey budgeters! Happy New Year!
• Fixes an issue with sorting transactions in 2022/2023.
Ratings and Reviews
Just what I needed!!
My wife and I spent months looking for a budgeting platform or application. We ended up just using Quickbooks Pro (2021). However, we don’t use it correctly because we do the envelope system through their software which isn’t designed for that. It forces us to create new “banks” and it can be very time consuming and tedious to balance the budget. I’ve tried Every Dollar as well, but it left a lot to be desired. Needless to say, this app is literally perfect for what we were looking for. The only con that I have with this app is that there is no login system. If I were able to create an account and share it with my wife, we could both view our budget from each of our cell phones. Overall, for $5 you get a lifetime access to this software, and that’s beyond generous and helpful. Most companies want you to pay a recurring fee. If you’re struggling with money and need some organization in your life, get this app. In the words of Dave Ramsey, “you are the boss of your budget when you make the budget, but after that, the budget is the boss of you.”
Developer Response ,
Wow! Thank you so much for the review! So great to hear it’s helped you on your financial journey!
Good but could be a bit better!
Hello! Just writing to say I love a lot about the app, such as the ability to add memos to the deductions and the dollar amount at the top. However, I have been noticing some things that I really wish were different. One is that there is nowhere to see what your original total was. I think it would be really helpful to see how much I would be spending per month if I spent everything in each envelope. Perhaps at the top if it was not just the amount left, but something like original amount/amount left, that would help with budgeting a lot. I was able to see the original amount before the month started, but then I realized I needed to add more envelopes, and couldn’t remember how much the total would be.
Also, I wish there was a way to save each month rather than just deleting or resetting. That would help with tracking trends as well.
What also has been bugging me a lot is that editing in this app is really hard. I have a really hard time with changing the amount in the envelope after I have created the envelope. Sometimes I realize I should have accounted for something else or want to divide one envelope into two, and most of the time I just end up starting over. I feel this could be made much easier.
What I was looking for!
I just wanted an envelope system, not to add my bank account, credit card, etc. Definitely didn’t need it in the cloud! Also didn’t want all the updates. I just see how I am doing overall budget wise and where spending is out of hand. This is perfect, plus no ads! So far worth the extra $5 to upgrade and I like the color coordination of envelopes.
Suggestions: be able to sort envelopes via color (this may be available just haven’t found it yet—maybe directions under settings?) and have cents available for envelope deposits.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Chimpanzee, LLC
- 1.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Chimpanzee, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Envy All Access $4.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.