We built Practice Devo for ourselves. Today, we are easily distracted and often forget to create spaces to dive deeper in our walk with God. Sometimes the best way to start is to keep it simple.
Practice Devo is a completely free, ad-free, simple, easy, daily devotional for both men and women, designed to capture our hearts and minds for a few moments of our busy day. Choose to dive deeper with our brand new podcast featuring believers all over the world sharing their insights from the word of the day.
• Word of the Day: Each day we share a meaningful word to lay the groundwork for the day's devotion.
• Definition: We've heard some of these words countless times and sometimes, as a result they began to lose their meaning. We go back to the root definition to remind ourselves that words do have meaning.
• Scripture: We believe ".. the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12-13). God's Word is living, active and shapes us. Reflect on Scripture that follows the theme of the day.
• Practice: Devotionals are nothing without application. Our hope is that together we can become people of these words through practice and intentional living.
• Prayer: Lastly, we share a prayer to guide us as we seek to become more like Jesus Christ.
• New devotional content for the month of October
Ratings and Reviews
I’m not normally one for writing reviews, but I love this app. I’ve had this app for a month and have used it almost every single day, and have truly felt a change in my relationship with God.
I’ve tried devotional books and other types of devotionals before but was never able to stick with them for one reason or another. This app makes it so easy though. I love how there’s a word of the day that helps you focus the scripture. There’s a definition so that even some of the harder or more abstract concepts can be understood. Then they also have a prompt or suggestion for how to reflect on the scripture, which is actually really helpful on days when I’m struggling to get into the scripture and see what God is telling me.
Over all, I just love this app and will continue to use it daily.
Fantastic Devo App
I love the gorgeous minimalistic design, the progression through the day’s theme, the clear focus and practical application. I like that it’s not bogged down by a lot of extras. It’s perfect for starting a personal prayer time and reflecting quietly on what God is saying to you. It helps you easily get into a meditative mindset.
I will gladly share this app with people I know.
I love this quick and useful devotional, only suggestion I would have (I’m not sure if it is already available, I couldn’t find it) would be to be able to go back to previous devotionals when I might need them again in the future! Other than that, I love that there are no ads and it’s very simple. :)
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Chimpanzee, LLC
- 1.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Jared Brown & Jon Thompson
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.