Elevate the voices in your classroom and help your students to reflect and grow!
Provide Instant Feedback – Nurture Reflection – Ignite Collaboration – Promote Equity
The animated discussion maps and feedback frames are ideal for Socratic seminars, Spider Web Discussions™, Harkness®* discussions, Literature Circles, or anytime students interact.
Effortlessly chart & record your students’ interactions to graphically illustrate levels and types of participation. The discussion maps, instant analytics & animated playback at multiple speeds will spur discussion and engage everyone in deeper reflection!
FEATURES: Standard Version
• Up to 20 participants per group
• Playback the discussion maps in real time or in fast forward
• Feedback frames to show participation by time, times spoken, gender equity, and overall equity.
• Select and listen to any speaker from the discussion and view notes linked to their participation
• Save classes & groups for easy access
UPGRADE TO PREMIUM FEATURES WITH IN APP PURCHASE TO ACCESS THE FOLLOWING:
• Up to 40 participants per group
• Track contributions of your students during the discussion with enhanced Checknotes
• Access to 17 Checknote templates / create custom templates too!
• Customize the class layout in “class mode” with circles or semicircles
• Select from a variety of table arrangements
• Export data to CSV files to track data over time
• Import classes from .txt file to save time
• Access to all future premium updates through at least v4.0
NEW PREMIUM FEATURES:
• Measure participation of groups within your class w/ customizable Identity Markers such as grade level, language level, race, seating area, or anything you’d like to see.
• Give better student feedback! Take notes or write comments during the discussion that now link to the speaker.
• Improved Group Analytics – Include / exclude any participant from the data to see how the dynamics change.
REFLECTIVE DATA AT YOUR FINGERTIPS:
• Simply tap on the participants’ icons when they speak & Equity Maps will do the rest by visually charting the interactions & calculating levels of participation.
• The “Feedback Frames” provide key statistics for teachers, students or group members:
-Display statistics of total time & frequency spoken for all participants.
-Measure involvement based on gender within the class or group.
“It was like looking into the mirror— except the image was my lesson and it showed me more than words could tell.” – Veteran Teacher
• Enhance your Socratic Seminars, Literature Circles, Harkness®(*) discussions, or full classroom discussions
• Promote student involvement & self-reflection
• Easily assess student participation
• Perfect for schools with VPP or for users who don't want to mess with in-app purchases!
FACILITATORS & GROUP LEADERS:
• Encourage deeper reflection of your group’s goals, norms & processes.
• Give your boss an Equity Check and share how equitable your last meeting was.
• Critical Friends Group® coaches & facilitators (CFG work)
• Professional Learning Communities (PLCs)
EquityMaps® is a registered trademark at the USPTO and has been created by teacher for teachers & their students.
U.S. Pat. No 10,553,129
*EquityMaps has been developed completely independent of Phillips Exeter Academy & is not affiliated in any way with the academy.
Critical Friends Group® is a registered trademark of the National School Reform Faculty (NSRF®)
Elevate your students' voices with these new features:
- Improved Feedback Frames and Discussion Maps to enhance reflection & increase equity.
- Improved Group Analytics – Include / exclude any participant from the data to see how the dynamics change.
- Now super easy to exclude the teacher talk from the class to see how equitable student participation is.
-We cleaned out a few bugs from last week’s version as well!
Now available with the Premium Version or In-app upgrade:
*New Identity Markers: Customize student information to measure participation of groups in your class such as by age, grade, language level, race, or anything you'd like to measure.
*Give better student feedback! Take notes or write comments during the discussion that now link to the speaker.
*Import classes from .txt file to save time.
*Expanded CSV export for sharing the data.
*Enhanced Checknotes and editing features.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Socratic Seminar rocked - will use for small groups.
I borrowed this app to use with my class - when I projected the stats w/n the feedback frames, the students were glued to the screen. "Koastas, look how much you spoke!" said one student; "I wanted to say more but didn't have a chance," said another. Will add Equity Maps to the other iPads in class and let the students chart their small breakout group discussions and I will be able to listen after. This will free them up to have their own space, but also allow me to see where they are at with their understanding of the text. Looking forward to seeing what you add next. Would be great to be able to share the report frames.
Elementary Socratic Seminars will never be the same!
This app has been so useful in helping my students develop their skills and proficiency in Socratic Seminars. They find it highly motivational to see the connections as they're made and we’ve started using it in the goal setting and reflection phases as well. My principal came in when we were using it and was blown away by how we were using the data it provides. My students love to look at past feedback frames to see their growth over time. I highly recommend this app to anyone looking to delve deeper into Socratic Seminars and see great progress in the students’ ability to goal set and grow academically.
Great app for teachers!
This is an extremely useful app for teachers. I used the beta version as well, and I am really impressed by the final version. It was clearly designed by a classroom teacher. My Grade 10 English students were surprised by the equity charts, and I noticed a big difference during the follow-up Socratic seminar. I was also impressed by how much this app helped me to grade classroom discussions. The new update is excellent—the ability to comment while recording means that I no longer need to keep written or typed notes. I am able to pay more attention to the class seminar.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.