Errands is a task manager with a pleasing design and is easy to learn and use. Crafted with a blend of basic and advanced features: Folders, Checklists, Task Images, Scheduling & Repeating, Alerts (alarms), Automatic Badge Updating, Calendar View, Mail Tasks, Multiple View Modes, Search and more!
KEY BENEFITS AND FEATURES
• The overall user interface is tastefully designed with careful attention to detail and functionality.
• A universal app with full support for the iPhone and iPad
• Supports iCloud Sync (Premium). This allows you to keep Errands in sync on multiple iOS devices (iPhone, iPad).
• Alerts (reminders) for tasks, with choice of sound and several repeat options. Plus automatic updating of the app icon badge. Both of these work even when Errands is not actively running.
• Customizable folders, so you can organize your tasks to best suit your needs (for example, Work, Home, Errands). You can have as many folders as you wish and folder attributes (name, icon, checkbox) are fully customizable.
• A Focus Folder which is based on a "star" system. You can toggle the "star" state for any task by tapping on the star icon. When a task comes due it will be auto-starred. This makes the Focus Folder very useful for quickly glancing at what you need to do NOW. The badge icon will reflect the number of tasks in the Focus Folder, keeping you up-to-date on what tasks need attention.
• A monthly calendar view for tasks with due dates. To access it, tap on the calendar icon on the bottom toolbar. The calendar displays items based on the current folder you are in. To see all tasks, choose the calendar from the All Tasks folder.
• View options allows you to switch between normal view (4 tasks per screen) and condensed view (8 tasks per screen).
• Mail tasks (single tasks as well as entire folders).
• You can select from a built-in collection of image icons, choose a photo from your library, or take a new photo to customize your tasks.
• A unique feature allows notes to be viewed as a checklist. This is particularly handy for small shopping lists, multi-step tasks, etc.
• Tasks can be scheduled with a due date / time. There is a full range of repeating options.
• A convenient Recycle Bin allows you to easily create new tasks from previously completed entries. This is a big time-saver given that many tasks are things that are done again (and again). And saving data-bits from the virtual landfill makes you feel good!
• Tasks can be sorted by various schemes as well as arranged manually.
• Each task has a title along with separate detail and notes fields.
• Customize Errands to fit your tastes using the in-app Settings.
ABOUT THE PREMIUM UPGRADE
Errands is NOT a lite version or crippled in any way. It is the complete app! If you enjoy it, please consider purchasing the Premium Upgrade. It will provide food for me and my dog as well as support continued development. Thanks for your support!
HOW TO GET THE MOST FROM ERRANDS
• Explore the app, play around with its features and settings.
• There is a Mini User's Guide in the Settings.
• Please visit yoctoville.com for answers to Frequently Asked Questions and other support info.
• Ready for iOS 11 (64-bit)
• New calendar display (swipe up/down to move between months)
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
• Version 5.0.1 contains additional bug fixes and performance improvements.
Please spread the word to your friends and be sure to write a review on the App Store if you are so inclined ... it is greatly appreciated!
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely love it!!!
This is such a great app! I use it all the time, and set alarms throughout the day, including reminder alarms to get the children's bedtime routines started on time. Time really gets away from me, and the reminder bells help me keep on track. I also like that I don't have to keep track of cards for doctor and dental appointments. I enter the date and time in right there when I make the next appointment, and set a reminder alarm for that morning. Fantastic! I have been using this app for over a year now, and it has only gotten better!!
Update: THANK YOU for the update!!! I nearly had heart failure tonight when I accidentally updated my iOS. I had been avoiding this update, because I had read that errands wouldn’t work with it, and when I accidentally clicked “Install now” and my phone locked up, I panicked. I absolutely love this app, and tried a dozen others to see if I could find something that would work as well for me, and there just isn’t anything like it. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I save appointments and to-do list items, but I also save birthday reminders that repeat each year, and reminders to flip mattresses and change smoke detector batteries. My memory is terrible, and this app is my constant reminder for all those things I’d otherwise forget. I would give Errands ten stars if I could. It’s my most useful app. THANK YOU!!!
Loving it so far
I really do like this app. I’ve used it for over two years now, and it’s just great. I even tried to move on to new apps, thinking more bells and whistles would be better, but I came back. This just works for me. It’s uncomplicated, easy and quick, and keeps me organized. I don’t have 15 minutes to fill out information for one task, and with this app it’s just not necessary. I love the options for repeating tasks, they’re very customizable and I love that. A while ago I made some suggestions on an old review, and they all came with the new update!!! I feel like the developer really cares about this app, and tries to make it as easy and user friendly as possible without over complicating it. I use it every day for all of my task/appointment organizing. The only suggestion I have is the ability to organize your daily “list” manually. Like a long press, slide above or below feature for tasks that don’t have times attached to them. Something like, all tasks with a time come first in the order they are scheduled and then all non-timed tasks are below those. Then I would be able to manually move those tasks into whatever order I choose. That would be really really cool. Honestly, I don’t think I would change anything else. Get this app if you like things that are quick, simple, uncluttered, and easy to use. 😊
Software finally got an update after 3-4 years, but . . .
I have been using Errands for a number of years now and generally enjoying it and finding it useful. With its first update in years just a few days ago, there are a number of changes to appreciate: a viewable and much more user-friendly calendar; more tasks viewable on a page; the opportunity to divide a task into sub-tasks, etc.
One thing that worked fine before but is now a source of frustration is how one moves a task from one day to another. Previously, one could click to open a task, then click a red arrow "quick schedule" button to move the task 1, 2, or 3 days or 1 week later. This change was relative to the date of the task as scheduled and was simple and easy. Now the choices are "Schedule for today," "tomorrow," "+2 days," "+3 days," and "+1 week," all of which is relative to today only. So, if you have a task scheduled next month that you would like to move 2 days later, it will instead move it 2 days later *this week*. In order to fix this, you have to take the extra step of opening up the whole task then opening up the full calendar to select the date you want. Grrr. Mr. Developer, if you're reading this, could you please fix this/change it back to the way it was before? I would be so grateful!
- David Mandell
- 15.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2017 David Mandell
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Premium $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.