Errands is a task manager with a pleasing design and is easy to learn and use. Crafted with a blend of basic and advanced features: Folders, Checklists, Task Images, Scheduling & Repeating, Alerts (alarms), Automatic Badge Updating, Calendar View, Mail Tasks, Multiple View Modes, Search and more!
KEY BENEFITS AND FEATURES
• The overall user interface is tastefully designed with careful attention to detail and functionality.
• A universal app with full support for the iPhone and iPad
• Supports iCloud Sync (Premium). This allows you to keep Errands in sync on multiple iOS devices (iPhone, iPad).
• Alerts (reminders) for tasks, with choice of sound and several repeat options. Plus automatic updating of the app icon badge. Both of these work even when Errands is not actively running.
• Customizable folders, so you can organize your tasks to best suit your needs (for example, Work, Home, Errands). You can have as many folders as you wish and folder attributes (name, icon, checkbox) are fully customizable.
• A Focus Folder which is based on a "star" system. You can toggle the "star" state for any task by tapping on the star icon. When a task comes due it will be auto-starred. This makes the Focus Folder very useful for quickly glancing at what you need to do NOW. The badge icon will reflect the number of tasks in the Focus Folder, keeping you up-to-date on what tasks need attention.
• A monthly calendar view for tasks with due dates. To access it, tap on the calendar icon on the bottom toolbar. The calendar displays items based on the current folder you are in. To see all tasks, choose the calendar from the All Tasks folder.
• View options allows you to switch between normal view (4 tasks per screen) and condensed view (8 tasks per screen).
• Mail tasks (single tasks as well as entire folders).
• You can select from a built-in collection of image icons, choose a photo from your library, or take a new photo to customize your tasks.
• A unique feature allows notes to be viewed as a checklist. This is particularly handy for small shopping lists, multi-step tasks, etc.
• Tasks can be scheduled with a due date / time. There is a full range of repeating options.
• A convenient Recycle Bin allows you to easily create new tasks from previously completed entries. This is a big time-saver given that many tasks are things that are done again (and again). And saving data-bits from the virtual landfill makes you feel good!
• Tasks can be sorted by various schemes as well as arranged manually.
• Each task has a title along with separate detail and notes fields.
• Customize Errands to fit your tastes using the in-app Settings.
ABOUT THE PREMIUM UPGRADE
Errands is NOT a lite version or crippled in any way. It is the complete app! If you enjoy it, please consider purchasing the Premium Upgrade. It will provide food for me and my dog as well as support continued development. Thanks for your support!
HOW TO GET THE MOST FROM ERRANDS
• Explore the app, play around with its features and settings.
• There is a Mini User's Guide in the Settings.
• Please visit yoctoville.com for answers to Frequently Asked Questions and other support info.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
• Ready for iOS 11 (64-bit)
• New calendar display (swipe up/down to move between months)
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
• Version 5.0.1 contains additional bug fixes and performance improvements.
Please spread the word to your friends and be sure to write a review on the App Store if you are so inclined ... it is greatly appreciated!
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely love it!!!
This is such a great app! I use it all the time, and set alarms throughout the day, including reminder alarms to get the children's bedtime routines started on time. Time really gets away from me, and the reminder bells help me keep on track. I also like that I don't have to keep track of cards for doctor and dental appointments. I enter the date and time in right there when I make the next appointment, and set a reminder alarm for that morning. Fantastic! I have been using this app for over a year now, and it has only gotten better!!
Update: THANK YOU for the update!!! I nearly had heart failure tonight when I accidentally updated my iOS. I had been avoiding this update, because I had read that errands wouldn’t work with it, and when I accidentally clicked “Install now” and my phone locked up, I panicked. I absolutely love this app, and tried a dozen others to see if I could find something that would work as well for me, and there just isn’t anything like it. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I save appointments and to-do list items, but I also save birthday reminders that repeat each year, and reminders to flip mattresses and change smoke detector batteries. My memory is terrible, and this app is my constant reminder for all those things I’d otherwise forget. I would give Errands ten stars if I could. It’s my most useful app. THANK YOU!!!
Great on iOS 17!!
Developer keeps checking-in as Apple updates iOS versions, and he specifically states (in the app FAQs) that the app is working well. This is important to me because the App Store shows no updates for several years.. but if you go in to FAQs in the app, the developer talks about iOS 17. I LOVE Errands! Use it multiple times every day. It is efficient and so easy to use… you can use features or not, and the typeface is SO easy to read. Notes, repeating alarms, checklist feature, backup, sync, exports… so much… and SO USER-FRIENDLY.
Previous review 2020: Errands should be on the App Store list of the top 100 Productivity apps. People would jump all over this app if they knew about it.
Previous review, 2018: Errands has "It"... which is that special something that, when you find it, you know it.
Task apps get in my way. I could never settle on just one because always, always there were features that just didn't work for the way I think. But Errands is like.... When I make a To Do list with pen and paper, I am thinking about the tasks I am writing. I am not thinking about the pen writing on the paper. Using Errands is like that. I am able to focus on what I'm going to do and what information I am entering, without thinking about what the app requires from me. I can plan and process fluidly, without getting tripped up by a feature that interrupts my flow.
Thank you, Yoctoville. This app is truly outstanding.
Loving it so far
I really do like this app. I’ve used it for over two years now, and it’s just great. I even tried to move on to new apps, thinking more bells and whistles would be better, but I came back. This just works for me. It’s uncomplicated, easy and quick, and keeps me organized. I don’t have 15 minutes to fill out information for one task, and with this app it’s just not necessary. I love the options for repeating tasks, they’re very customizable and I love that. A while ago I made some suggestions on an old review, and they all came with the new update!!! I feel like the developer really cares about this app, and tries to make it as easy and user friendly as possible without over complicating it. I use it every day for all of my task/appointment organizing. The only suggestion I have is the ability to organize your daily “list” manually. Like a long press, slide above or below feature for tasks that don’t have times attached to them. Something like, all tasks with a time come first in the order they are scheduled and then all non-timed tasks are below those. Then I would be able to manually move those tasks into whatever order I choose. That would be really really cool. Honestly, I don’t think I would change anything else. Get this app if you like things that are quick, simple, uncluttered, and easy to use. 😊
The developer, Yoctoville, indicated that the app’s privacy practices may include handling of data as described below.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- David Mandell
- 15.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2017 David Mandell
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Premium $4.99