Spend less time studying and more time flying! This is the FAA Aviation Mechanic - Powerplant version of GroundSchool, our FAA knowledge (written) test preparation featuring up-to-date questions, free updates, and a question databank maintained by our professional team of mechanic instructors and examiners.
GroundSchool is fully compatible with FAA ACS (Airman Certification Standards) and our editorial team is working to keep it so as ACS continues to evolve.
Don't be fooled by imitators! Competing apps use only the limited set of questions that the FAA publicly releases via its website - that is not enough to adequately prepare you for your test! Our GroundSchool app, on the other hand, features a much more comprehensive database (typically about 2-4 times the size of the demo FAA public one) of actual and current FAA questions that you likely can and will be asked on the actual test! This along with our detailed, professional explanations and easy to use interface are major reasons why pilots have come to trust GroundSchool.
Study actual, up-to-date FAA questions and then ACE your FAA Aviation Mechanic - Powerplant written test the easy way with GroundSchool FAA Knowledge Test Preparation software by Dauntless Aviation, the trusted leader in FAA written test preparation.
* Actual FAA Questions Current and Valid for Right Now. As soon as you install the software, use the 'update' feature and the software will connect to our servers, grab the latest questions, images, figures, and explanation content, and you'll be good to go.
* Question bank maintained by our experienced editorial team.
* All Charts and Figures Included
* Several flexible study modes - fits the way you want to study!
* Compatible with all FAA and private "ground school" mechanic classroom-based courses
With Dauntless Aviation's GroundSchool, you don't need to worry:
* Our material is UP TO DATE. No matter what date is listed here in regarding the 'Release date', this date refers to the program itself only. Once you get the program on your device, use the built-in update feature and it will connect to our servers and download the latest and greatest version of the test prep content that we have available. To learn more about this, please visit our website.
* Furthermore, you are welcome to update the material as often as you like. This means that even if you don't take your test soon, when do you, GroundSchool will be ready for you. Compare this to books or DVDs (which are going out of date from the moment they are printed).
* Tens of thousands of people have used our products to prepare for their FAA knowledge tests. Ours is a system that works.
This is the Aviation Mechanic - Powerplant version of the software only. Most serious mechanic students will want to purchase all three - General, Airframe, and Powerplant versions of this software to help their study. These must be purchased separately via this Appstore.
Good luck on your test!
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Thank you for making us the most trusted FAA Aviation Maintenance Technician (Mechanic - A&P - AMT) Test prep! This significant update looks better and works faster than ever before to help you learn the material and pass that test! Our test prep content is fully FAA ACS (Airman Certification Standards) compatible, and contains up to date and regularly updated questions. As always, this app features the best and most illustrated explanations in the business maintained by a well known and trusted Aviation Maintenance College. Save study sessions and share them between devices using our cloud features and share your study progress with your instructor or school through the cloud. When you get the app, make sure to immediately check for content updates using the 'updates check' main menu option to make sure you have the latest learning content.
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t think about it just download it
I’ve used other software and non have came close to this app. I’ve used dauntless for my private pilot written, my Powerplant and airframe. Only thing I didn’t use dauntless for was for my generals which was my lowest score. Choose this app and study it. Their visual explanations will make everything click for you. I am now A&P certified and will always recommend this app for people.
Ergonomics change with update
I have to tell you that this app is amazing! It works well and the questions are updated regularly. It is by far the best A&P test prep around.
I do have a concern for the dev. In that the new update has moved the arrows to change questions so far into the bottom corners of the screen that it is impossible to hold the phone with one hand and comfortably navigate the questions. I find myself with constantly overstretched fingers or switching hands to change questions every 5 to 10 seconds.
Smoked it because of this 🔥
I was consistently getting 68s 69s using all the books you could think of. 6 times I took it. Passed with an 83 after using this for two weeks the 7th time 👌🏾
The developer, Dauntless Software, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Dauntless Software
- 224.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © (c) Dauntless Aviation - www.dauntless-soft.com
- In-App Purchases
- Audio Review $19.99