Ace your FAA Commercial Pilot written test. Spend less time studying and more time flying. GroundSchool is the smart pilot's secret for passing FAA knowledge (written) tests.
Study actual, up-to-date FAA questions and then ACE your FAA Commercial Pilot knowledge (written) test the easy way with GroundSchool FAA Knowledge Test Preparation app by Dauntless Aviation, the trusted leader in FAA written test preparation.
GroundSchool is fully compatible with FAA ACS (Airman Certification Standards) and our editorial team is working to keep it so as ACS continues to evolve.
* Actual FAA Questions Current and Valid for Right Now: What you see in the app is highly likely to be exactly what you see on the actual test. Use the program's built-in self-update feature to get the latest question set and illustrated explanations via the Internet.
* FREE UPDATES FOR LIFE: so that whenever you're ready to take the test, the app will be there to help you study (and then review later on). Unlike with books, which are getting out of date from the moment they are printed, update capability is built right into the app. So, when you receive this product, you will be able to update it with only a few clicks now and in the future and be sure that you are studying from the latest available questions.
* Detailed Explanations: Questions feature detailed, often illustrated explanations by our editorial team of professional pilots, mechanics, instructors, and examiners.
* All Charts and Figures Included - Everything that you need to reference for your test is included.
* Virtual E6B and Other Flight Computers / Calculators, Right on screen for convenient learning
* Intelligent grouping of questions by subject area and specific test: If you study with books, the questions for multiple tests are listed together, making it difficult to avoid studying material that does not apply to you. Our app separates this out, allowing you to concentrate only on those questions that you will likely be asked.
* Flexible Study and Simulated Test Modes: GroundSchool features multiple study and practice modes so that you can customize it to works best for you. It even features modes that emulate the software at the major FAA testing centers so that there will be no surprises there!
* Fits the Way You Want to Study: Regardless of whether you just want to memorize the questions quickly or you really want to learn the material deeply, GroundSchool can be configured to suit and is remarkably easy to use.
* Compatible with all FAA "ground school" classroom-based courses: If you're enrolled in a formal "ground school" at your FBO or college, this app will help you get to the head of the class.
This product will prepare you for any or all of the following test(s):
Commercial Pilot Airplane (CAX)
Commercial Pilot Helicopter (CGX)
Commercial Pilot Glider (CPG)
Commercial Pilot Balloon - Hot Air (CBH)
Commercial Pilot Balloon - Gas (CBG)
Commercial Pilot Rotorcraft Gyroplane (CRG)
Commercial Pilot Lighter Than Air - Airship (CLA)
Military Competence Airplane (MCA)
Military Competence Helicopter (MCH)
Canadian Commercial Pilot to USA FAA Conversion (CCP)
Please double check to make sure you are getting the right product:
This is FAA Written (Knowledge) Test preparation app to help you prepare for aviation-related multiple-choice knowledge (computer-based written) tests given by the USA Federal Aviation Administration. This app will help you study for the FAA written (knowledge) tests listed elsewhere on this screen.
- Content updated.
- Minor bugs fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
My wish list...
This app works as advertised, but there are two related things that I want to give it 5 stars. I’d like the program to keep 2 running lists. First a list of questions I got wrong the LAST time I went through a learning session. I’d like to be able to generat a learning session made up of JUST THOSE questions. The second list would be a list of those questions that I EVER got wrong, and allow me to create a learning session where only THOSE questions are presented. Continually re-displaying the questions I have gotten right is less useful than displaying those I’ve gotten wrong. I understnad that sometimes you might get a question wrong that you got right the last time, but you can already retake those questions the way the program works now. Obvioiusly there should be a configuration screen that would allow me to reset all of the questions and answers back to zero/unanswered. I do understand that when you create a learning session now, that you can force it to redisplay questions you got wrong, but it only presists for the current session. It’s much more useful to be able to come back to the same questions later and be quized on the questions you got wrong last time whehter it was 5 minutes ago, or a week ago. Please do this, and you’ll get my 5 stars. Thanks.
Great customer service, but software is buggy
The good: content and customer service (I received a reply to a question from an actual CFI).
The bad: numerous bugs with the software.
Conclusion: for the price, it shouldn’t be buggy like it is but it will still prepare you well.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.