FabFilter Pro-R is a high-end algorithmic reverb plug-in with natural sound and intuitive controls. Its advanced algorithms have been carefully designed to blend well with the source and fit easily into a mix. Pro-R is bursting with innovations like the intuitive Space control that seamlessly switches between dozens of room models with automatic decay time adjustment, and the unique Decay Rate EQ that introduces free adjustment of the decay time over the frequency spectrum. Together with the built-in Post EQ and a large number of high-quality factory presets, FabFilter Pro-R delivers great sound quality and is very easy to use.
The Pro-R app filters the microphone input and plays it back in real-time. To use Pro-R as a plug-in, you need an AUv3-compatible host app like Auria, AUM or Cubasis. Pro-R will appear in the list of Audio Unit extensions for effect plug-ins in the host app.
- Beautifully designed room models, ranging from small ambiences and rooms to large concert halls and huge cathedrals
- Carefully developed to easily sit in the mix, without causing undesirable coloration, density or phase problems
- Gorgeous Retina interface with large interactive reverb display featuring Decay Rate EQ and Post EQ curves
- Very easy to set up, with user-friendly, non-technical controls
- Space control, which smartly and smoothly combines the room model and decay time of the reverb — choose from over a dozen carefully designed room models and seamlessly vary between them, without hearing clicks or unwanted artifacts
- Decay Rate control, changing the overall decay time from 50% to 200% of the current Space setting
- Intelligent Stereo Width control, ranging from pure mono to true stereo and beyond
- Distance control to adjust the proximity to the sound source in the selected space
- Character control that changes the sound from a clean, transparent decay, to a lively reverb with pronounced reflections and echoes — all the way to an over-modulated chorus-like effect
- Perfectly tuned Brightness knob, affecting not only overall brightness, but also the decay of high frequencies
- Predelay control via the bottom bar, ranging from 0 to 500 ms, with optional tempo sync
- Innovative six-band Decay Rate EQ, with Low/High Shelf, Bell and Notch filters. (Compared to the commonly used low- and high crossover system, the Decay Rate EQ opens a world of possibilities by giving you full control over the decay rate at different frequencies.)
- Six-band Post EQ to equalize the final reverb sound with Low/High Cut up to 96 dB/oct, Low/High Shelf and Bell filters. (Together with the Decay Rate EQ, this lets you design reverbs of any style or character.)
- Real-time spectrum analyzer that also visualizes the decay time at different frequencies
- Includes a carefully curated collection of factory presets
- Save, restore and organize your own presets
- Undo/redo and A/B comparison
"Pro-R sounds awesome and is hugely enjoyable and rewarding to work with. Verdict: 9/10!"
— Computer Music Magazine
"Pro-R is yet another demonstration of the worth of FabFilter's distinctive vision for plug-in design"
— Sound On Sound Magazine
Ratings and Reviews
As good as I've ever heard
Knocks it out of the park. The most beautiful yet unintrusive reverb plugin I've yet to hear. Especially for iOS...God it was an awful market for a long while there.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.