* MOST user friendly BACKGAMMON app *
- Invite friends or play with random opponents.
- Rematch option at the end of a match.
- Game Center achievements and leader boards.
- Look for Game Center auto-match opponents while playing a local game
- Option to switch board home position and swap color.
- Text chat feature for all network games (Game Center, Local Network). Can be turned OFF.
- Play a Local Network game (Bluetooth or Wi-Fi), against the computer, or a pass-the-device game.
- Skill rating, won games, won match points and experience scores for completed Game Center matches.
- Progressive undo, replay last move, PIP values, doubling cube, human powered random rolls.
- Checkers are easy to select and move, with variable animation speed.
- Optionally show all possible moves for any piece, or use "one-tap" moves.
- Play 1, 3, 5 or unlimited-point matches.
- Resignation with 1, 2, and 3-times multiplier.
- Universal App: enhanced graphics for iPad and retina displays.
- Neural Network based advanced computer algorithm.
- Extensive settings screen allows users to customize their experience (see screen shots).
- Multiple dice rolling algorithms including web based rolls.
- Statistics screen: tracks games won, points won, matches won, as well as dice roll statistics.
- If the losing player disconnects from the game the winning player gets awarded the win.
- 60-second time limit per move for Game Center Auto-Match games.
- Fixes for iOS 17
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent Gammon Experience
Aside from a few little quirks, like not saving the game state permanently, this is a fine Backgammon experience. I appreciate the quick play and the choice of board designs. The doubling decisions need a bit of work but the rest of the AI is pretty good!
Two Die Monty
So if I have this right, the Roll Again feature allows the user to try and cheat the cheating game? I’ve never used Roll Again because I want to believe that random means random, but that just makes me more of a sucker. Is that it? The more games I play, the worse it gets: More useless rolls, useless doubles, rolls that jeopardize pips, a dozen rolls (first roll when I get on the bar is almost always a double six) trying to get off the bar when there are three open spaces when Computer generally gets off on the first roll with one open space and pulls off miracle rolls consistently. I get smacked around over and over again, then get a game or two where I get all the breaks and start to feel like the game doesn’t cheat until it starts whupping me again. Developer can (and does) repeat that the game doesn’t cheat, which is what any cheater would say, but the Roll Again feature just suggests to me that if I can’t beat Computer, I can join the Computer. Nah.
Rolls are off and logo isn’t quite right
Fun game but logic is off, numerous times the computer keeps an open chip instead of going in, when it should do that. It must know I’m
Not going to hit it or roll what I need. You would most certainly go in your side then leave an open chip. So I’m convinced that computer knows what roll is coming. Also when I play higher ranked opponent or when I’m the higher ranked opponent they get better rolls. Almost guaranteed the higher ranked opponent will get the roll to hit open opponent to put them on the bar, then almost assuredly opponent will then roll a double on a spot that they can’t get in on. I’ve played way too many games and this happens at a statistically impossible number. Very frustrating. I know the developer will say this doesn’t happen, but it absolutely does. Can someone develop an app that doesn’t cheat?
Developer Response ,
This issues has been fixed in the latest release. The controls were not disabled, just hard to see due to the new dark mode in iOS. Worked fine in light mode.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Quatrian Inc.
- 17.7 MB
- Requires iOS 16.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2023 Quatrian Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Play $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.