* MOST user friendly BACKGAMMON app *
- Invite friends or play with random opponents.
- Rematch option at the end of a match.
- Game Center achievements and leader boards.
- Look for Game Center auto-match opponents while playing a local game
- Option to switch board home position and swap color.
- Text chat feature for all network games (Game Center, Local Network). Can be turned OFF.
- Play a Local Network game (Bluetooth or Wi-Fi), against the computer, or a pass-the-device game.
- Skill rating, won games, won match points and experience scores for completed Game Center matches.
- Progressive undo, replay last move, PIP values, doubling cube, human powered random rolls.
- Checkers are easy to select and move, with variable animation speed.
- Optionally show all possible moves for any piece, or use "one-tap" moves.
- Play 1, 3, 5 or unlimited-point matches.
- Resignation with 1, 2, and 3-times multiplier.
- Universal App: enhanced graphics for iPad and retina displays.
- Neural Network based advanced computer algorithm.
- Extensive settings screen allows users to customize their experience (see screen shots).
- Multiple dice rolling algorithms including web based rolls.
- Statistics screen: tracks games won, points won, matches won, as well as dice roll statistics.
- If the losing player disconnects from the game the winning player gets awarded the win.
- 60-second time limit per move for Game Center Auto-Match games.
- Fixes for iOS 17
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent Gammon Experience
Aside from a few little quirks, like not saving the game state permanently, this is a fine Backgammon experience. I appreciate the quick play and the choice of board designs. The doubling decisions need a bit of work but the rest of the AI is pretty good!
Rolls are off and logo isn’t quite right
Fun game but logic is off, numerous times the computer keeps an open chip instead of going in, when it should do that. It must know I’m
Not going to hit it or roll what I need. You would most certainly go in your side then leave an open chip. So I’m convinced that computer knows what roll is coming. Also when I play higher ranked opponent or when I’m the higher ranked opponent they get better rolls. Almost guaranteed the higher ranked opponent will get the roll to hit open opponent to put them on the bar, then almost assuredly opponent will then roll a double on a spot that they can’t get in on. I’ve played way too many games and this happens at a statistically impossible number. Very frustrating. I know the developer will say this doesn’t happen, but it absolutely does. Can someone develop an app that doesn’t cheat?
Developer Response ,
This issues has been fixed in the latest release. The controls were not disabled, just hard to see due to the new dark mode in iOS. Worked fine in light mode.
Good interface but definitely cheats
I wasn’t sure if suspicions of cheating were observation bias or not so I captured stats on hundreds of games. One thing I tracked is not the number of doubles but the quality of the doubles. While somewhat subjective we can all agree that double sixes bearing off is much better than doubles sixes when getting off the bar with six blocked. I rated hundreds of examples and computer scored much better. I also tracked how often, based on points covered, the odds of getting of getting off the bar in the FIRST attempt which is critical to avoid the opponent setting up a position. Based on over 500 cases, the computer is successful at least 15% more often.
The sample sizes are statistically significant.
Have played this game for years but would prefer a game where I don’t have to plan for the computer getting lucky rolls at higher odds than normal.
Developer Response ,
While we can assure you that the game not not cheat in any way, we've also implemented the Roll Again feature which allows you to roll again, either for the computer or for yourself, when luck makes the game less enjoyable than you want it to be.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Quatrian Inc.
- 17.7 MB
- Requires iOS 16.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2023 Quatrian Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Play $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.