Do you have favorite stories and photos you share at family gatherings? Will your loved ones benefit by learning more about their relatives? Do you feel an urgent need to preserve your memories so they are never forgotten and are shared from generation to generation?
FamilySearch Memories makes collecting, preserving, and sharing your favorite family memories easy and convenient wherever you are. You’ll be the one everyone thanks for saving the most meaningful memories!
• Snap photos of any family moment, such as recitals, dates, graduations, reunions, and memorials, and add them to your family tree.
• Photograph old photos and documents.
• Interview family members, and record the details of their lives and favorite memories.
• Type family stories, jokes, and sayings, or use the microphone key to record what you say.
• Enrich written stories by adding descriptive photos.
• Identify relatives in photos, stories, and recordings. Those memories automatically attach to the Family Tree.
• Take family memories with you wherever you go—the app works even without Internet access.
• Pick up where you left off on any device since the app automatically syncs with FamilySearch.org.
• Store family memories free forever, deep within the FamilySearch vaults.
Improved stability and fixed bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
When I was a child, my Grandmother and I would sit on the front porch and she would tell me her memories of younger days. She especially loved to tell of her mother teaching her to Tate and crochet. Now my daughter Karen tells of me teaching her to crochet when she was seven. Karen is a member of many “Crocheting Clubs” around the world. She has learned many different stitches and made many Afghans to give away to friends and people she does not even know. Karen has crochet a Afghan pattern only once making each one , “one of a kind”. How thankful I am for memories.
Patricia ( Flynn, Davidson ) Venable
There is something I would love to see apart of family search and that is where you are able to find people that are related to you in the world that they did have it and than they took it off then it was no longer than to use. It was such a great addition to family search. I felt it made familysearch so enjoyable and fascinating to find people that are related that you never knew of and you wanted to dig into family research even more so and there is a tool called find a neighbor or friend ugh to how do nearby that is related to you but when you use the tool it works for a distance of a 100 feet so you cannot find anybody so it’s really a big disappointment it works like a radar and I thought how do you change the distance because 100 feet don’t get you out of your house. I hope this can all be corrected and enhance familysearch because would want to research even more so because they have other avenues to research on. Thank you so much for taking the time to read these suggestions because familysearch would always be the best in family research . Hughie
I love that I have an option to be working on pictures for Family History. I have hundred and hundreds of pictures to upload and share. Struggle to find time to sit at a computer to do it. Now I can do a few at a time wherever I am. The only thing that I wish was different was that I wish I could see the name of the photo or file because when I scanned the pictures in, I would name it with the date and the info I needed to know about the picture. For now, J have to skip adding the date and place and the names of those I don’t know the names of and just do the people I know.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- FamilySearch International
- 42.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Albanian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Cebuano, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Fiji, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Tonga, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Intellectual Reserve, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.