Do you have favorite stories and photos you share at family gatherings? Will your loved ones benefit by learning more about their relatives? Do you feel an urgent need to preserve your memories so they are never forgotten and are shared from generation to generation?
FamilySearch Memories makes collecting, preserving, and sharing your favorite family memories easy and convenient wherever you are. You’ll be the one everyone thanks for saving the most meaningful memories!
• Snap photos of any family moment, such as recitals, dates, graduations, reunions, and memorials, and add them to your family tree.
• Photograph old photos and documents.
• Interview family members, and record the details of their lives and favorite memories.
• Type family stories, jokes, and sayings, or use the microphone key to record what you say.
• Enrich written stories by adding descriptive photos.
• Identify relatives in photos, stories, and recordings. Those memories automatically attach to the Family Tree.
• Take family memories with you wherever you go—the app works even without Internet access.
• Pick up where you left off on any device since the app automatically syncs with FamilySearch.org.
• Store family memories free forever, deep within the FamilySearch vaults.
Memory tagging has additional functionality.
Improved stability and fixed bugs.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
When I was a child, my Grandmother and I would sit on the front porch and she would tell me her memories of younger days. She especially loved to tell of her mother teaching her to Tate and crochet. Now my daughter Karen tells of me teaching her to crochet when she was seven. Karen is a member of many “Crocheting Clubs” around the world. She has learned many different stitches and made many Afghans to give away to friends and people she does not even know. Karen has crochet a Afghan pattern only once making each one , “one of a kind”. How thankful I am for memories.
Patricia ( Flynn, Davidson ) Venable
I love that I have an option to be working on pictures for Family History. I have hundred and hundreds of pictures to upload and share. Struggle to find time to sit at a computer to do it. Now I can do a few at a time wherever I am. The only thing that I wish was different was that I wish I could see the name of the photo or file because when I scanned the pictures in, I would name it with the date and the info I needed to know about the picture. For now, J have to skip adding the date and place and the names of those I don’t know the names of and just do the people I know.
FamilySearch Memories App
I am enjoying making new memories especially audio on This new app but I still have some questions and some things don’t quite work the way I need them to and I can not access these files on my regular family search Family Tree account which is confusing I would like to be able to access them through my regular family search account and for my family to see them but otherwise it’s really cool. Tammy V Mesa, AZ
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- FamilySearch International
- 50.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Albanian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Tonga, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Intellectual Reserve, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.