FamilySearch Family Tree makes it easy and convenient to discover and document your own branches of the world’s family tree while preserving family memories such as photos, written stories, and audio recordings.
Browse your family tree branches and see portraits of relatives you’ve never seen before.
Discover facts, documents, stories, photos, and recordings about your ancestors.
Easily add new life details, photos, stories, and audio recordings for your relatives.
FamilySearch Family Tree is always free. It’s the best way to find and share meaningful, heart-turning family stories that will make an impact on your life and the lives of your loved ones.
A new feature called Chat is replacing the Conversations section of Messages. Chat enables real-time sharing and conversation with other FamilySearch users. All the other message types, including Discoveries, are now found in Notifications.
Improved stability and fixed bugs
Ratings and Reviews
This is an amazing way to learn about your ancestors and yourself. The first time I used the tree maker I was able to see my family history and find people that I never knew about. Pioneers,leaders, and other family members who were able to make a difference to the people around them. It has given me inspiration and pride for all the family that has gone before me. My husband and I are working together on our family history and he has shown me how to look for information. The tools provided by Family tree are easy to use and research is becoming easier. My dad did family history and back then it was a lot more difficult. He left me a treasure trove of information and family pictures that I have been blessed to have! They make it so much easier to connect with my family stories! It’s great to see the faces and see the pictures of their lives. The LDS is an excellent source for information. I have been so impressed how they have tried to keep records for future generations. Hopefully someday my grandchildren will be interested in the family history and work we have done with Family Search will be of benefit for them. I have gotten a lot of joy from learning about my family history and still have a long way to go. What an adventure it will be!
Improve! Improve! Improve!
The app is great but it could be even better. There are few records of my family so I have to add everything myself. This is not a problem but there are a few problems that can improve the app.
1. I would really like to keep my family tree so no one can see it and I really want to have complete access to everything including changing the status of a deceased person to living. Well if it’s my family tree then I have the right to do whatever I want with it.
2. There are many information you can add to a person. This part includes many useless things but not the most useful thing, Cause of Death. I really wanted to add the cause of death of my ancestors but I was forced to add a note and then write the cause of death there. I would really appreciate it if you add this option to “Add Information”. You can also add an option to add diseases so we can tract genetic diseases through our ancestors.
3. Enable an option where you can add a sibling with an unknown parent. So for example, I know my 2nd great grandmother’s sister but not the name of my 3rd great grandfather or 3rd great grandmother so I’m unable to add any siblings to my 2nd great grandmother.
Attempting to establish accurate Davidic lineage
I am personally attempting to establish an accurate lineage dating back to Jesus, or to establish my lineage back to the Royal line of David. The information my family has kept and the knowledge that we do definitely descend from European royalty for many generations up until circa 1450 on my grandmothers side, and the definitive knowledge of my descent from the St John family, as well as descending from Frank royalty leads me to believe that the possibility of establishing the lineage accurately and with confirmation using written accounts of royal and noble lineage of Europe; I am hoping to be able to establish a legitimate lineage using this app. Any genealogist who might be interested in helping would be greatly appreciated. My family has been well respected for many many generations dating back to the times when we shared the privilege of once being of royal descent. Also English royal family members were all known to have had webbed toes; which I also have. My mother said it’s a trait from when we were one English royalty. The signs point to legitimate descent! Shall we establish a legitimate lineage back to Jesus??!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- FamilySearch International
- 143.3 MB
- Requires iOS 15.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Albanian, Armenian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Cebuano, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Fiji, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Haitian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malagasy, Malay, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Tonga, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Intellectual Reserve, Inc.