FamilySearch Family Tree makes it easy and convenient to discover and document your own branches of the world’s family tree while preserving family memories such as photos, written stories, and audio recordings.
Connect with your ancestors as you discover the important events and stories of their lives. As your heart turns to them, begin to collect and add your own favorite family memories to the tree for others to enjoy for generations to come. Share your family legacy with others in person or through popular social networks.
• Browse your family branches, and see portraits of relatives you’ve never seen before.
• Discover facts, documents, stories, photos, and recordings about your ancestors.
• Easily add new life details, photos, stories, and audio recordings for your relatives.
• Take your family tree with you wherever you go—the app works even without Internet access.
• The app automatically syncs with FamilySearch.org, so you can pick up where you left off on any device.
Share family stories with your children at bedtime or in the car while traveling. Learn something new about your family origins while waiting in a line. Take the app to family gatherings, and capture stories you’ve never heard before. Ask your parents and grandparents to tell you about their lives and what they remember about their deceased relatives; then record their stories using the app. Use important moments of your history as teaching aids. Watch how stories of your ancestors’ hardships, endurance, and faith help you become a better person.
FamilySearch Family Tree is always free. It’s the best way to find and share meaningful, heart-turning family stories that will make an impact on your life and the lives of your loved ones.
Improved stability and fixed bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
This is an amazing way to learn about your ancestors and yourself. The first time I used the tree maker I was able to see my family history and find people that I never knew about. Pioneers,leaders, and other family members who were able to make a difference to the people around them. It has given me inspiration and pride for all the family that has gone before me. My husband and I are working together on our family history and he has shown me how to look for information. The tools provided by Family tree are easy to use and research is becoming easier. My dad did family history and back then it was a lot more difficult. He left me a treasure trove of information and family pictures that I have been blessed to have! They make it so much easier to connect with my family stories! It’s great to see the faces and see the pictures of their lives. The LDS is an excellent source for information. I have been so impressed how they have tried to keep records for future generations. Hopefully someday my grandchildren will be interested in the family history and work we have done with Family Search will be of benefit for them. I have gotten a lot of joy from learning about my family history and still have a long way to go. What an adventure it will be!
Improve! Improve! Improve!
The app is great but it could be even better. There are few records of my family so I have to add everything myself. This is not a problem but there are a few problems that can improve the app.
1. I would really like to keep my family tree so no one can see it and I really want to have complete access to everything including changing the status of a deceased person to living. Well if it’s my family tree then I have the right to do whatever I want with it.
2. There are many information you can add to a person. This part includes many useless things but not the most useful thing, Cause of Death. I really wanted to add the cause of death of my ancestors but I was forced to add a note and then write the cause of death there. I would really appreciate it if you add this option to “Add Information”. You can also add an option to add diseases so we can tract genetic diseases through our ancestors.
3. Enable an option where you can add a sibling with an unknown parent. So for example, I know my 2nd great grandmother’s sister but not the name of my 3rd great grandfather or 3rd great grandmother so I’m unable to add any siblings to my 2nd great grandmother.
I have been collecting family tree information since 1974 but for past 20 years had taken a break and the past month refocused on completing and publishing family tree. During my hiatus the Internet happened and Family Tree leverages the new technology. After 15 minutes on the site was astonished by how comprehensive, accurate and complete the archive was. In fact on one side of family went back one generation further than I had completed. I am excited and looking forward to posting pictures of family members generation back that have been entrusted to me by my grandparents and parents. This is the archive I want to invest time to update for future generations. I have a wealth of information to share, that includes pictures, stories and historical information for my ancestors. I have invested Hundreds of hours and many trips around the USA compiling, picture taking and documenting my family’s history. Hoping the archive allows for including some additional family details.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- FamilySearch International
- 114.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Albanian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Tonga, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Intellectual Reserve, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.