ASA has built a reputation for providing the aviation community with the most accurate and reliable FAR/AIM products available. The FAR/AIM app continues this tradition, containing information from Titles 14 and 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14 and 49 CFR) pertinent to pilots, flight instructors, and flight crew, combined with the Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM), and Pilot/Controller Glossary. ASA FAR/AIM app features:
• Free Updates provided.
• All of the ASA FAR/AIM and FAR for Flight Crew book contents are included: 14 CFR Parts 1, 5, 21, 23, 25, 27, 29, 39, 43, 48, 61, 63, 65, 67, 68, 71, 73, 89, 91, 97, 103, 105, 107, 110, 117, 119, 120, 121, 125, 133, 135, 136, 137, 141, 142; 49 CFR Parts 172, 175, and 830; TSA 1544 and 1552.
• The complete Aeronautical Information Manual including color figures.
• Pilot/Controller Glossary included.
• Study by Certificate lists for Private, Remote, Sport, Instrument/CFII, Commercial, Flight Instructor, Flight Engineer, and ATP allows aviators to hone their studies to the pertinent rules for their individual certificate and operation.
• Text search helps you find what you’re looking for in the FAR, AIM or both.
• Profile and Landscape viewing available for easy reading and viewing figures.
• Ability to increase text size.
ASA tracks FAA changes daily and updates the app when regulations and AIM changes affect pilot operations. The date shown for the app's update reflects the last regulatory change affecting content. A new update will be released when a rule change affects operations.
None of the material in this publication supersedes any documents, procedures, or regulations issued by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). ASA does not claim copyright on any material included herein that was taken from United States government sources; all contents originate from the FAA.
The regulations and Aeronautical Information Manual have been updated to reflect current information from the FAA and the Federal Register.
Ratings and Reviews
Convenient, but needs a few more study features
I like that there is an electronic version of this book! It saves money and space in the long run. I don’t have to continue purchasing a physical copy which becomes obsolete within a year - which is a waste of space, paper, and money!
However, this app needs some work. As a student pilot, it would be INCREDIBLY handy to be able to annotate the book, by actually typing or writing in the margins with the Apple Pencil, or by making notes in a separate page commenting on a specific regulation.
It would also be handy to be able to print a specific page. I understand, you sell hard copies, and there is a website, but I would love to have the convenience of printing a single page of a specific regulation with my notes so I can use it to study up for the FAA tests.
Otherwise, this app is good for what it does, I like that each Part is in its own section with a short description of what it is about. I just think it would be handy to have more features to aid in studying.
I appreciate you looking at this review, have a good day!
No device syncing, search needs improvement
Overall it’s an adequate app to access a current FAR/AIM. It is easy to bookmark and hi-light text and the study by certificate section is great.
The problems are that it does NOT sync any bookmarks or hi-lighting across your iOS devices, which is beyond frustrating as most pilots are using both an iPhone and iPad. Another downfall is the search function. It is a “word search”, not a “text search”: meaning if you start typing a word it is not finding any results until you finish the word, and if you type a different form of a word it will not yield results. For example searching for ‘tire’ will not reveal results for the word ‘tires’ and if you don’t quite know how to completely spell a word you won’t be able to find partial results.
Search function needs work!
I have and will remain a supporter of ASA products. The app updates quickly and I like all the highlight and note features. One area that needs work is the search function. The app only allows single word searches, when you really need a particular phrase or word combination (much like the index in back of the paper book). Fix the word search function or add the index like what’s in the book and you’ll have a superior app!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Aviation Supplies and Academics, Inc.
- 98.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Aviation Supplies & Academics, Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.