FieldView Cab for iPad and iPhone is a simple and powerful farm management app that enables growers to collect and understand field data through rich maps and reports. It combines the best in real-time cab monitoring with simple field data analysis tools into a mobile app that benefits from the portability and connectivity of the iPad.
FieldView Cab connects to a FieldView Drive or Precision Planting's 20/20 monitor to display real-time maps of your planter’s performance or high definition Yield maps during harvest. Shapefile maps can be imported into FieldView Cab so that any Planting, Application, Harvest, or Imported map can be viewed side by side. When not in the planter, sprayer, or combine cab field data is stored on the iPad and iPhone to enable informed field scouting. Whether at home, the office, or in the field your maps are in a single easy to browse mobile tool.
FieldView Plus users can manage their operation remotely and stay aware of what is happening from anywhere. Maps sync between all iPads and iPhones on an account and RemoteView allows a real-time connection to any planter or combine in the field. FieldView on the web provides the grower access to maps, detailed reports, machine location, timely alerts, and the ability to easily share data with trusted advisors.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery charge.
- Removed support for iOS 12
- Addressed fields disappearing without being deleted issue
- Fixed the clear prescription button on the fields page
- Removed the error associated with a large post harvest adjustment change
- Fixed an issue related to deleting non-primary scripts on Climate.com and Cab App
- Addressed miscellaneous translation and text formatting issues
- Addressed an issue displaying longer prescription names
- Fixed a Post Harvest Adjustment issue related to Wheat
- Removed 20|20 software update feature
- Fixed other miscellaneous bugs
FieldView Drive Compatibility Updates
-- Fixed issue with Case combines collecting weight while stationary
-- Fixed issue with SureFire Ag Sentinel rate controllers not mapping
-- Updated harvesters outer row logic when in poor GPS areas
-- Released Krone Silage Harvesters from BETA
-- Added Stara Topper 5500 Granular compatibility in South America
-- Updated J Assy Rate Controller logic in South America
-- Added CLAAS combine models in South America
-- Added John Deere FX planter models in EMEA
-- Added AGCO sprayer models and control systems in South America
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, some issues with the fieldview drive
Like others, I was kind of forced to use the app because I raise seed beans for Monsanto. I now use it for every acre in my operation. I love how my data is so readily available, and it is very user friendly. My only complaints are that the drive sometimes has issues connecting to the app, despite the iPad showing it is paired in Bluetooth settings. Also, I’ve recorded data with the wrong field selected (app prompted me to make a field ‘active’ that I drove past while en route to another field and I didn’t notice.. Would be better if this prompt would time out after a few minutes, to avoid this)
Developer Response ,
Sorry for the issues you experienced with the Drive. We're continuing to improve this as much as possible.
You can turn off the Field Boundary Detection using Map Options. See here: https://support.climate.com/kt#/ka02A000000UOIZQA4/en_US
Ok but needs improvement
The platform isn’t bad but there are a couple big issues. 1.) There is too much lag between app and your field computers, especially when overlap control(I.e. accuboom or accursed). It shows make believe gaps.
2. This one is from an applicator POV. IN THIS day and age we as farmers are always trying different things in the same field or you will spray a slightly different herbicide program because of setbacks that you may have to prove. It’d be nice to show these on the same map, instead of making several maps in the same field and really having no obvious side by side view. If that makes sense. I’d be happy to help anyway I can to make this even more farmer friendly.
Need more controller options
Everything works great. We have a planter with a Dicky john controller and there is not an option for that. We can’t get accurate seed counts or acres using the custom controller
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Climate Corporation - US
- 129.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Climate Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.