"The ability to use multi touch to quickly move between viewing and editing files is also very good if you’re willing to utilize it." - Touch Reviews
Folder Plus is an In-App Multitasking Capable File Manager/Viewer/Editor, with 3-Finger Swipes You Switch between Tasks of File Managing, Viewing, Editing, etc QUICKLY
Folder Plus's Features
- Total File Manager
- Exclusive 3-Finger Task Switch
- Lightning Fast USB File Transfer
- Robust FTP/HTTP/WebDAV Sharing Server
- Support Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, iCloud, OneDrive
- Wide Range of Supported File Types
- Document Reader
- Text Editor
- Audio Recorder
- Simple Image Editor
- Media Player
- Structured Directory Browsing
- View Restore of Long Documents
- Zip Archiver (compress & decompress, secure with password encryption)
- Long Press to Bring up Context Menu
- Multiple Files/Folders Operations
- Attach Files/Folders to Emails
- Auto Recovery of Editing Documents
- Passcode Security
- WiFi Authentication (FTP/HTTP/WebDAV)
- User Account Manager (FTP/HTTP/WebDAV)
- Send Files as Email Attachments
- Open Files in Compatible Apps (iBooks, ...)
- Open Supported Files Requested by Other Apps (Safari, Mail Attachments, ...)
- Portrait/Landscape Support
- Support Translation for Selected Text When Reading Documents (PDF, DOC, PAGES)
- Support Thumbnails
- Support AirPrint
Supported File Types
- PDF Files
- Microsoft Office Files (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- iWork Files (Pages, Numbers and Keynote)
- Image Files (JPG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, PSD)
- HTML Files
- Web Archives
- Plain Text Files
- Audio Files (MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless, WAVE, AIFF, CAF)
- Video Files (QuickTime, MP4, M4V, MPV)
- Archive Files (.zip/.cbz, .rar/.cbr, .7z/.cb7; handle passwords, splits)
Supported File Operations
- Folder/Sub-Folder Creation
- Text File Creation/Editing
- Image File Creation/Editing
- Audio Recording Creation
- Take Photos & Video
- Import Photos & Video from the Photos App
- Export Photos & Video to the Photos App
- Open as Text File
- Move/Copy/Zip/Email/Delete on Single/Multiple File(s)/Folder(s)
- Folder Merge during Copying/Moving
- View File/Folder Properties
- Rename Files/Folders
- Search Files/Folders
- Search within Search
USB Transfer Client
- Folder Plus USB
Recommended FTP Clients
- Windows Explorer
Recommended WebDAV Clients
- Mac OS X's Finder
- Windows Explorer
Recommended Browser for Web Transfer
* All listed clients/browsers can be thought of file manager apps as well running on desktop to manage the files off device
WiFi Transfer Requirements
A WiFi connection is required to transfer document files between Folder Plus and FTP/HTTP/Web clients
More features are on the way
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- bug fix for opening files from other apps
Ratings and Reviews
Found this a few months ago as a replacement app to fill in for the recent shortcomings of my other 2 favorites which have yet to be updated or may never be.
I've yet to encounter a file type Folder Plus can't transfer. And with huge support with other apps using "Open With...", there doesn't appear to be anything it can't manage.
Now if it would only support Bluetooth for file transfers from iOS to MacBook Pro when I'm in places without connectivity, it would be perfect.
This App has saved me in medical school
I got an iPad for medical school. It seemed reasonable to have something portable, quick and computer like for the classroom, wards and clinics. iPad is worthless without Folders Plus! I have to rely on third party apps for usability the chief one being Folders Plus. Why does Apple think isn't shouldn't be possible to create folders containing many types on documents??
My iPad would be useless with Folders Plus. I am able to sync this folder to my computer and drop in non Mac compatible files to it without needing to deal with iTunes or Apple' fear of competition BS.
I have my physiology notes as annotated PDFs, my class/clinic notes as word files, images and webpage documents all neatly organized and easily accessible. I can save documents directly from the internet into it and have backed up personal travel documents into it as well. My medical school career has been so greatly improved by this app that I can't even praise it enough!!!
I had purchased many apps for file organizing before, but have not been satisfied with any of them for various reasons. This app makes it so "familiar" to store files....it is just like working on your computer. It is super responsive and I am able to view any of my files within seconds of tapping on it. Also, by hooking up my iPad to my desktop with a sub cord, I can easily drag folders from anywhere on my computer hard drive to my iPad- very easy! (You need to install the desktop version of this app which is free and simple to do). I recommend this app to anyone who needs to ha have a heir files on the go without relying on download speeds for cloud access to files.
The developer, The Very Games, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Vincent Cheung
- 34.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2015 THE VERY GAMES
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.