Setting creation and modification dates of files and folders
- setting dates of individual files
- setting dates of multiple files or folders at once
- setting dates of the whole content of the folder
- setting dates of any type of files - pictures, sound files, documents, ...
- setting dates of hidden files and files in a package
- setting picture dates according to Exif data (the date when the photo was shot)
- macOS Big Sur compatibility
- native Apple Silicon architecture
Ratings and Reviews
It doesn’t work
It doesn’t work as described. Cannot set photo dates to their exif date/time, always quit unexpectedly. Not worth the money though it is just a few bucks...
Not beautiful, but solves a major issue for many people
Whether you've restored photographs from a backup, or copied them from another machine, you may find that all of them now have the same file creation date! This can be a serious issue when synching photos to the iPad or iPhone with iTunes, since iOS sorts images by the file creation date, not EXIF. File Mod can quickly change the file creation date to match the EXIF date (the date the photo was shot)… allowing photos to be correctly sorted.
The application is far from beautiful, and offers no guidance. However, it did exactly what i'd hoped. I was able to change the file creation date to the EXIF date on over 13,000 fies in less than a minute on a Macbook Retina with a solid state drive. All I had to do was drag the main folder into the application, click one checkbox, and tell FIle Mod to go to work.
I wanted to be certain this was the right application before buying. I sent an query to the developer, and was pleased to find a helpful response in short order.
So thankful to find this app after hours of frustration with incorrect created/modified dates when importing my phone photos from iCloud! Thank you, it couldn't be easier to use!!!!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 3.2 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 MacMedia
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.