FileBot is the ultimate tool for organizing and renaming Movies, TV Shows, Anime or Music. It's smart, highly customizable, and just works.
If you're using HTPC software like Plex, Kodi or Emby then FileBot is a must-have utility!
FileBot will match your files against TheMovieDB or TheTVDB and then rename (or move / copy / symlink / hardlink) them exactly the way you want it. Anything is possible!
If you need help extracting archives en masse or checking SFV / MD5 / SHA1 / SHA256 files then FileBot will get that done too.
Organize your media files:
1. Drag media files onto "Original Files"
2. Click "Fetch Data" and select a database
3. Hit "Rename"!
► Tip #1: You can use drag-n-drop to load files from Finder into FileBot.
Need help? Visit us at www.filebot.net and have a look at the FAQ and Forums. You can report bugs or request help by making a New Topic in the Forums. Feel free to contact us on Twitter or Facebook if you have any questions.
• Added Edit Format / Edit Match / Edit Name context menu
• Added Smart Mode: Attributes matcher (i.e. xattr / exif / id3 / atom)
• Use F2 shortcut for Plain File Mode
• Use F3 shortcut for Local Xattr Mode
• Enable selected post-processing features via Filter -> Attributes -> Apply
• Enable CLONE by default for all COPY operations on APFS filesystems
• Enhanced Selection Dialog with thumbnails and tooltips
• Enhanced Conflict Dialog with detailed explanations
• Enhanced manual search to support both search by name and lookup by id
• Improved support for mapping episode information between different databases and numbering schemes
• Lots of minor bug fixes
• Drop support for OS X 10.11 El Capitan and OS X 10.10 Yosemite
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I just downloaded this application and renamed well over a thousand movie and video files in about half an hour. I initially started with 20 files at a time then moved on to entire folders once I saw how well the program worked.
This software is very easy to use, fast, and accurate. If the original filename is really malformed or not specific FileBot identifies it and asks you for the correct match. It then ensures the filename is actually a valid filename (removes invalid characters) and processes the renaming very quickly. I did this on a remote NAS and the renaming was extremely fast.
Overall this is an awesome application: it does exactly what it claims and does it well.
Has saved me TONS of time
I used to have a collection of python scripts that would (attempt to) fetch info from an online database in order to rename my media files before adding to Plex Media Server. However, the library that I relied on to fetch the data no longer works, so I needed to find another solution or rewrite my scripts, which I didn’t have time for. I found FileBot and have been so relieved to have a solid, FAST way to rename files. I love that I can preview the matched titles before renaming my files, to prevent a mess if it happens to match something up incorrectly due to typos on my part. Highly recommended!
Just about perfect
This app is such a time saver, it correctly identifies and renames 95% of media I have used with it. I highly recomend it.
The only issues I have come across is besides the actual process of renaming being really easy, figuring out setting is not intuitive, and if it has one file wrong you have to reload the whole list because theres not way to fix indivual files once they are loaded in, and if it gets names wrong there no way that I have found to correct the searching error in the program.
Besides that it get most everything correct and saves so much time and frustration
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.