Professional document management for iOS, with bulk rename, backup and sync tasks. Edit your documents in-place, stream your media files and connect to over 20 different network and cloud storage locations.
“Maximize the potential of what you can do with files on iOS” - Cult of Mac
“FileBrowser remains the best option” - MacStories
Direct and secure file access to your computers, servers and other storage devices on home or corporate networks. No additional configuration of corporate IT systems is necessary.
- Access file servers and cloud storage
- View documents and optionally store them for offline viewing
- Present a video, PowerPoint or Keynote direct from the server
- Copy and move between any type of storage, from single files to whole directories
- Bi-directional automatic sync of network folders to your iPad/iPhone
- Backup local files to a network file server or cloud storage
- Integrates with other apps allowing you to edit, save and share files while on the go
- Integrates with your existing infrastructure, including Active Directory
- Integrates with iOS data protection, utilising hardware-based encryption to secure content
- Pro photographer XMP sidecar file support for rating images
- VPN on-demand support for third-party VPN clients
- Supports Microsoft Distributed File System (DFS)
- Requires no additional software on corporate servers
Office App Integration
- No more copying of documents between apps
- Launch an Office app to edit a network document in-place.
- Changes are automatically saved to the original document
- Scan documents or images direct to multi page PDF
- Automatic colour and perspective correction of scanned documents
- Centralised distribution of FileBrowser configuration settings
- Enforced security lockdown
- Conform to corporate Mobile Security Policies
- Prevent users from changing local settings
- Selectively override any local configuration setting
- Distribute file server connection details
- Control whether offline viewing/storage is permitted
- Control whether content can be emailed as attachments
FileBrowser Professional uses the SMB1, SMB2, and SMB3 network access protocols (also known as CIFS or Windows File Sharing) to connect to:
- NAS drives
- Windows File Servers (including Windows Server Clusters)
Access local storage
- USB Drives
- SD Cards
- Folders of other apps
- iCloud Drive folders of other apps
- iOS Photo Library
You can also connect to the following cloud storage
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Microsoft OneDrive for Business
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013 or later
- Google Drive (including TeamDrive)
- Dropbox (including Dropbox for Business)
- Backblaze B2
- Amazon S3
- Digital Ocean
- FileBase S3
- iDrive Cloud S3
- Wasabi S3
- WebDAV servers
- FTP/FTPS servers
- SFTP servers
For fast friendly support please email email@example.com. Please note that we are only able to provide support in English.
New Features & Enhancements
* Enter Select Mode with keyboard shortcut Cmd-Option-A.
* New menu options to create Sync/Backup tasks from root folder.
* Add support for AVIF/JXL images.
* MDM setting 'openDocumentsMaximised' for document viewer.
* Fix background sync options switch alignment.
* Fix rename dialog size to show multi rename options.
* Fix Sync Task removing local content if remote folder is inaccessible.
* Fix disabling Files App/Network Folders showing Edit In Place.
Thank you for helping to make our apps better. If you would like to rate or leave a review on the App Store, we look forward to hearing your feedback.
Unlike other file manager apps, we never gather any of your data. We also don't require you to create an account or register an email address with us.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the Connectivity to PC
I had bought a flash drive to store all my procreate files on, however I quickly learned that plugging a usb c drive into the drive causes quite a few files to get corrupted. I was really upset that I seemed to lose drawings that I valued, so I checked out this app based on a recommendation from a Reddit post. At first I wondered if I should get this or the other version, but I figured I'd get this for the increased functionality.
Rather than connect my flash drive directly to my iPad, I am now able to connect it to my PC, connect to my iPad via the servers, and upload folders that way. The drag and drop is nice and the multiwindow is very helpful in saving files. At first I had troubles learning how to share PC folders and learn how to undo the read-only issue, but now that it works I'm really grateful that I can still back up my procreate pictures. Since I don't have a Mac for the apple ecosystem, this is doublely helpful.
Had the normal one for tears and planned to get the pro one but never did until a few days ago and it definitely worth the price. Amazing functionalities.
The app is the best browser app ive come across since for 10+ years. Its a great feeling to know you have a tool that can help you in every situation. Also the price is nothing compared to some other apps like Documents which has a monthly price of this app but cant compete with FileBrowser Pro.
But most important feature is an amazing support team that explain every issue as simple as they can for you to understand and help you in every way. The support team is famous for being fast and thorough. I have made some support teams angry at me for being a novice but stratospherix team take their time explaining everything which is the best support experience ive had ever.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. FileBrowser Pro supports SFTP connections over SSH but doesn't have a terminal interface.
Filebrowser TV is only way to read PDFs on Apple TV
Filebrowser TV is a fantastic app. So is their regular FileBrowser Pro but I really wanted to comment on how great the Apple TV app is. You can access your computer seamlessly without any glitches and it allows many more file formats to be opened from there. Other Apple TV file apps only support photos and audio or video files, but FileBrowser TV supports many other types of files. It’s so cool to be able to have PDFs on the TV.
I wanted to make a feature request in case the developers see this review: It would be fantastic to have access to cloud storage services in the Apple TV FileBrowser app the way the FileBrowser Pro app links to Dropbox, Google, PCloud, etc. Especially because FileBrowser TV offers more file formats to open, it would be nice to be able to open them from Dropbox, etc., too.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 76.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Stratospherix LTD
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.