Files App (formerly known as Downloads Lite) features a Web browser that lets you save documents to your iPhone or iPod touch so that you can work with them offline. It has a built-in file manager, with robust viewer for all iOS supported document types, powerful photo browser, advanced PDF reader, full Dropbox support, and more.
NOTE: This app does not support downloading of audio or video content.
√ Full portrait & landscape mode support
√ Passcode lock
√ Web browser
- Provides a user experience very similar to Mobile Safari
- Tabbed browsing
- Tap and hold on an image to download it
- Tap and hold to force download
- Save web pages with images for offline viewing
- Full screen mode
- Bookmark manager
- History support
- Address bar auto-completion
- HTTP basic authentication
- Form-based authentication
- Integrated Google or Yahoo! search
- Ability to spoof browser's User-Agent string to display web pages like Firefox
- Unified smart search field. Type a URL or search term in the unified smart search field, the browser automatically suggests the closest match to what you’re looking for.
√ Download manager
- Fast downloading speed
- Supports resuming of interrupted downloads reliably
- Live download progress bar and speed indicator
- Active downloads badge number
- Add arbitrary download link
- Always download with correct filename
√ File manager
- Full screen document viewer that supports .pdf, .doc, .xls, .ppt, .txt, .html and .rtf file formats
- Folders support
- Move, rename and delete files
- Search by file name
- Extract RAR archives
- Unzip ZIP files
- Remember document scroll position
- Attempt to open file of unrecognized format
- Import photos from camera roll
√ Dropbox integration
- Upload, download and manage files
- Sync what you want, keep files on your device
√ Advanced PDF viewer
- Huge PDF files work flawlessly
- Text search
- Tap PDF links to jump across the file
√ Photo viewer
- Tap or swipe to move between images in a folder
- Zoom in and out with pinch gesture
- Ability to save images to photo album
- Thumbnails view
√ File transfer
- Supports HTTP and FTP protocols
- Supports iTunes USB File Sharing
- Transfer files to and from computer in Wi-Fi network
- Send files as email attachments (size under 15MB)
√ Mobile Safari Integration
- Bookmarklet for Mobile Safari that lets you open any link in Files app
- Background downloading
√ Inter-app document interchange
- Other apps can save their files to Files app (e.g. Email app can save attachments to Files app)
√ Recovery Mode
- If the browser caught in an endless loop of pop-up alerts, go to the iOS built-in "Settings" app, find "Files App", turn on "Recovery Mode", then force-quit and relaunch the app.
Bug fixes and various improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
A decade of use
To someone with limited resources, this app can be an absolute lifesaver. In school, I've used some version of this app for collecting material for offline use; homework, old tests, mock tests, syllabuses, study packets, diagrams, references, lectures, PERFORMANCE VIDEOS. I've saved music for personalized ringtones, I bought a copy for my mom to keep her knitting patterns, work applications, my New Hire forms were saved here, various event tickets, this app holds it all.
Ive had bugs, some minor, some requiring me to extract my files through my computer, but even having that last option available is amazing, instead of having to lose everything when reinstalling the app. Bug fixes can be thin on the ground, and its apparent that not all iOS updates will agree with the app, but it always comes back into working order, and seriously. Its a worthwhile investment.
Ive had this app since high school. That was a decade ago. Bought the first one. Bought the second version when its predecessor became obsolete. Would probably buy the next one, cuz its so friggin useful.
Minor Music Glitches
Music is Very glitchy, when I hit skip it skips 3-5 songs and the same way when I replay but this only happens when lock screen is activated, also the now playing disappears when I open a folder! Would appreciate if you can work on fixing those I use this all the time and I love this app it’s a great app! Besides that I love the layout! And the dark theme but that’s all I’m having problems with is with music so please if you can fix that! I mainly use that and I would greatly appreciate that! Thank you!
Glad for the update but issues still exist
Hian, I’ve been using this app for years and was beyond delighted to see an update for this today. The update fixes the crash issue that was introduced with iOS 13. I am now able to save webpages again which was one of my primary uses. It seems now however that you took out the ability to set mime types. This was instrumental in the functionality so now the download option for a lot of file types is now broken and thus unable to be saved. I’m not sure what would have led you to this decision, but I implore you to add it back. If this were implemented again your app could easily be the best download manager on the App Store. My last suggestion would be to add an alphabetical scroll option to the files view. Thank you again for your work, I look forward to future improvements.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hian Zin Jong
- 33.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2023 Hian Zin Jong
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version Upgrade $4.99
- Monthly Subscription $0.99
- Monthly Subscription $0.99
- Yearly Subscription $5.99