Filtru: Buy & brew coffee 4+
Espresso, Chemex, AeroPress
- Offers In-App Purchases
Coffee is more than just a way to wake up in the morning, it's a way of life. With Filtru, you'll make the perfect cup each and every time and learn as you go.
Filtru is your go-to app for learning and replicating the best way to make your favorite coffee. Gone are the days of pouring water over coffee and throwing in some milk! Filtru will tell you how much coffee to use, when and how much water to pour, how to stir, and so much more. By the time you've tasted a Filtru coffee, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it! Those just starting out will enjoy our augmented reality (AR) gear guides that put new accessories right on your kitchen counter, giving you a chance to take a look before splashing out on a new coffee gadget!
Coffee fans new and old will love our growing collection of community brew guides, products from our partnered coffee roasters, and more. We live for coffee and we know you do too – let's live for it together via a curated feed of new coffee ideas while learning new brewing methods.
With Filtru, a specialized Espresso guide will offer tips on the grinding of beans and more to ensure the next cup is even better than the last. You'll learn by tasting, rating the flavor as you go, and Filtru will show you which variables to change for an even better taste.
Already living your best coffee life? Filtru integrates with eight of the world's best Blueteooth digital scales – perfect for weighing an exact amount of coffee for your morning cup. We'll even show you a timer alongside an illustration of the correct water flow speed to ensure you get the best possible flavor. No more guessing measurements and techniques and then hoping for the best!
Filtru ships with coffee recipes for the most popular brewing methods on the planet and distils everthing into an easy-to-use app that won't get in the way of what's important – taste. Looking for some insipriation? Flitru helps you discover new brewing guides submitted by the commuity as well as the pros including World Brewers Cup winners Scott Rao and James Hoffmann alongside other Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) certified baristas. Have a pariticularly killer coffee recipe of your own? Share it via Filtru so everyone can enjoy it!
▶ Filtru includes the following recipes:
- Espresso (Dial-in, Short recording and more)
- Hario V60 (Pour over)
- Bonmac Dripper
- Beehouse Dripper
- Kalita Wave
- Clever Dripper
- Moka Pot (Espresso)
- French Press (Cafetiere)
- Siphon (Vacuum)
- Cezve (Turkish)
- Vietnamese Drip (Phin)
▶ Supported Bluetooth digital scales:
- Acaia Pearl™
- Acaia Pearl S™
- Acaia Lunar™
- Acaia Pyxis™
- Acaia Cinco™
- Felicita (Arc, Parallel, Incline)
- Decent Espresso
- Wilfa Svart
- Drop (now Fresco)
- Atomax Skale
- Escali SmartConnect™
▶ Filtru PRO includes the following premium features:
- Access to additional brew guides
- Augmented Reality Gear Guides
- Coffee Logs
- Espresso Dial-In
- Espresso Shot Recording
- Extraction Calculator (TDS Refractometer required)
- Advanced Siri Shortcuts
- Custom App Icon
- Live Activities
- Lock screen widgets
- Home screen widgets
- Advanced App Shortcuts and App Intents
- Added "Most popular" and "Recently added" brew guides into the Add Brew Guide and search sections
- Added a new "Discover the community" view with relevant brew guides and community stats
- Removed "Tare the scale" alert that would display before starting the brew
- Fixed the bug with coffee beans not reducing remaining value whenever brewing coffee
- Fixed the Dial-In Espresso view not reaching data from Bluetooth scales
- Fixed the Drop scale integration and added tare function
- Fixed the upload errors that would sometimes pop up
Thank you for the feedback and ideas!
For questions, suggestions or support:
I'm thrilled to bring you some fresh updates to the Filtru Coffee app! Whether you're a casual coffee enthusiast or a seasoned barista, I've been working hard to perfect these new features for you. Here's what's brewing in this version:
- Revamped Design: Filtru has gotten a significant makeover, with your most frequently used features now pushed to the forefront. The result? An even smoother coffee brewing journey.
- iPad Optimisations: Your iPad experience is now supercharged with an intuitive sidebar and handy keyboard shortcuts. Because who doesn't love a side of convenience with their coffee?
- Advanced Shortcuts: You can now cultivate your perfect coffee routine within the Shortcuts app, thanks to the new Shortcuts' and Intents. These allow for seamless data connection with other workflows in your Shortcuts app.
- Redesigned Widgets: The refurbished widgets now come with Live Activities and Lock Screen Widgets. Even when you're mid-brew and need to reply to a friend's text, these widgets will keep you in the loop about your brew's progress, ensuring you never miss a beat.
- New Activity Tab: Interested in your coffee consumption patterns? The new Activity tab serves up insights into your coffee-drinking habits. Knowledge is indeed power (and possibly the secret to your perfect brew).
- Quick Entry and Record Features: Short on time? Now you can bypass the brew guide and record only what truly matters. These streamlined features let you cut straight to the coffee.
Thank you for being an integral part of this passionate coffee community.
I'm excited to hear what you think about these updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Filtru is an easy to use Apo
I have brewed coffee with the Filtru app over 200 times . Using the App for Chemex and Aeropress . I love the customization of the app e.g. water to grounds to cup ratio as well as the coffe/brewing notes. Being able to so easily use this helps my coffee making game and the notes are incredibly useful as I work my way through the myriad of coffee rosters. I can always look back on my brew notes to help me decide to buy again or to change my brewing ratio. What’s not to love- I recommend this App to all my coffee loving friends! Try it , you’ll love it!!
All show little go
If you have a Bluetooth scale, and a refractometer, and you’re actually trying to profile and tweak espresso then this app is likely fairly great as it supports all those features.
But as a more useful tool, i.e. tracking grinds in volumes and output volumes, it fails. mainly because you have to specify your output volume or weight ahead of time, and after you pull a shot you cannot tweak it. In other words, it does not let you actually record what happened with each shot in a stepwise fashion. I compare to the side by side of being conqueror which lets you do just that. This is important if you’re trying to iterate by grinds or input volume she got the correct output as often recommended from the better third wave roasters.
Also the brew guides are very rudimentary
Everything I wanted when I was first learning to make pour over coffee. You can see how many grams of water are supposed to be poured out of total at any point! Plus you can add info about the coffee beans. When I first started I tried to keep track of every single origin coffee I had tried but now it’ll be easy!
Unfortunately, on my 3rd gen iPad Air, I can’t use the discover tab. The app just crashes when I try to open discover
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Spirograph Limited
- 112.3 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, German, Polish
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2023 Przemyslaw Bobak
- In-App Purchases
- Filtru Pro - Monthly (1 Month) $3.49
- Filtru Pro - Annual (1 Year) $32.99
- Filtru Pro - Brew Guides $4.99
- Filtru Pro - Lifetime $79.99