Finamp is a Jellyfin music player. Its main feature is the ability to download songs for offline listening.
This app is still a work in progress, and has some bugs/issues that haven't been fixed yet. Here is a list of currently known issues:
* Deleting large items (such as playlists) will cause the app to freeze for a few seconds
* Download indicators occasionally don't update
* Very occasionally, the audio player will break and start playing songs from previous queues. If this happens, you have to force stop the app to stop audio playback (I think this was fixed in 0.4.0). If this happens to you, please make a new Github issue with your logs, which you can get in the logs screen.
* Seeking doesn't work with transcoded songs
* Album art in offline mode
* Transcoding support for downloads
* Multiple users/servers
* Translation support
Name source: https://www.reddit.com/r/jellyfin/comments/hjxshn/jellyamp_crossplatform_desktop_music_player/fwqs5i0/
This release fixes some bugs and brings some minor improvements. It is also the first release to use a SKSL cache, which greatly reduces first run jank on animations. This is especially important for iOS, where "first run" means every time the app is launched.
* Fix audio service logs not showing.
* Fix logout stall on iOS.
* Fix logout failing if auth is already failing (can happen if the user's token is invalidated on the server).
* Add workaround for iOS changing directories (I'm looking into a more long-term solution for this but it should be fine for now).
* Add back the check that enabled the startup error screen.
* Offline song search should work now.
* **Improved the way that downloaded indicators work**. It still isn't perfect, but downloaded indicators should mostly properly change from downloading to downloaded in real-time.
* **Greatly improve how DLs are counted in Downloads Overview**. The old method was very slow and caused severe jank with large collections.
* The list of downloaded albums is no longer sorted since there isn't really a point and it was bad for performance.
* **Fix downloading from a HTTP server that uses a URL on iOS**
* The server URL and token is now hidden when copying logs.
* Updated dependencies (fixes issue where the audio service wouldn't stop properly)
* The player screen no longer overflows when landscape on iPads.
* Rename "Customisation" settings to "Tabs" since that screen only has tab settings
* **Configure amount of songs played with shuffle all**. This is important for shuffling large libraries where thousands of songs could cause instability. The default is 250 and it can be configured in settings. The shuffle all button will also properly shuffle in offline mode too.
* The Finamp folder is now hidden on iOS
* Fixed random grey screen when removing queue items.
* Fixed audio service crash when whole queue is dismissed.
* **Properly tell Jellyfin about progress updates**. This should fix last.fm scrobble issues.
* Build with SKSL cache.
* Removed useless microphone permission prompt on iOS (it was needed for the audio player when I was making the app but it's not needed anymore).
Ratings and Reviews
Even though still have some bugs, this app is single handedly making Jellyfin music playing on iOS awesome. Way better than the official client since it has offline download and displays the album art and songs properly on iOS system UIs. Looking forward to this getting even better.
First music client for Jellyfin on IOS
Thanks for making this program. I was waiting for a Jellyfin client for music, as we already have Infuse for Movies and series. The multi-server function that you plan to implement will be important for me, I have 2 jellyfin servers on my network.
No data analytics is refreshing also. Thanks for that too!
Really enjoy using the app.
But one small feature missing, can we have descending order for albums list? That would be really nice.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- James Harvey
- 35.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © MPL-2.0 License
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.