Where are your kids?
Where have they been?
With Footprints, you can track your kids and share locations with family and friends, anytime, privately. It all happens automatically, whether your phone is in your hand or in your pocket. All in a beautifully clear and simple interface.
Now, parents can keep track of their children's whereabouts and see where they have been, couples can know that their loved ones arrived safely at their destination, friends can locate each other, and even managers can keep track of employees in the field.
Footprints tracks and shares locations automatically – in real time, all the time. And it does it privately. It's really different from other apps that simply show the current location or require some kind of manual operation to share locations.
With Footprints, you can set up Geofences, like your kids school, and be notified when these fences are crossed. You can even activate movement sensors that will notify you each time your loved ones are on the move.
- Tracks movement throughout the day and logs waypoints without user intervention.
- Parental control feature allows for sharing locations at all times, without a disabling option.
- Lets you share waypoints by granting specific permissions. For instance, you can share your last 50 waypoints with a friend for two days.
- Geofence and movement notifications can alert you when someone moves or crosses a fenced area. Speeding notifications can alert parents when their teenagers go over the speed limit.
- Designed to sync seamlessly between your iPhone and iPad.
- Runs in the background – without draining your battery – by leveraging Apple's Significant Location Change technology, which monitors location changes as your device “sees” new cellular towers. (Footprints typically logs a waypoint when there is movement of 500 meters to 3 km or a quarter-mile to 2 miles, depending on cellular coverage in the area.) This default setting provides a good balance of timely location updates without draining the battery.
- Initial free subscription period makes it easy to get started.
- Requirements: iOS 8.3 or later. (Footprints 1.6 supports iOS 4.3 and later). Footprints must be installed on all devices tracking or sharing locations, and each device must have a valid subscription.
- Tracking Disclaimer: Devices without a GPS and cellular connection (iPad Wi-Fi, iPod touch) can only track and share waypoints when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Battery Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Support for iOS 13 and iPad Pro.
Various improvements and minor fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
so many problems
I really wanted to like and use this app. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. I have tried everything including setting it to the most sensitive settings possible. It is hours late reporting that my children have arrived at school. It had my son's location off by three miles all day. The alerts come in randomly and even though my children have the exact same settings, the reports and waypoints for them are drasticaly different. I tried to email the company and got no response. I called iTunes and they have no contact information for the company. The "support forum" isn't even set up. I downloaded life360 and it is working beautifully so I know it is not an issue of my phone, service area, or provider. I like the control features offered in footprints better than life360, but I'll go with the one that actually works. In addition, the $3.99 I paid PER PHONE is non-refundable because it is an in-app purchase. I would like to at least cancel the service and clear my data from their records, but I cannot contact them and they don't answer emails. I really should have noticed the majority of reviews are negative so shame on me. Don't make the same mistake I did.
A few things to know - it's a free app, and free to use the first month however after that you pay $.99/month or $2.99/year or $4.99 for 2 years - which I'd say is reasonable for what you get. You have to get the program on all phones you're following and they have to give permission. I got this app along with setting up Find my Iphone with the icloud program on my iphone 4 for comparison. Find my Iphone only shows current location - and is pretty accurate. You can use it for iphones/ipads on your account. I like being able to look at both to see what the difference is in location, however for the most part I've been impressed with the accuracy of the locations on Footprints. You can't count on it being always exactly right, but it's been pretty accurate most of the time. We live the country where you normally have weak cell signals and the accurancy on our property shows if its in the driveway, in the house, on the patio, in an outbuilding, neighbors, etc. It takes a little figuring out to get it set up, but I had it installed and working on a phone within 15 minutes. It seems to update mostly when there's a positional change and you stop for awhile... such as I could see a phone at the grocery store, a stop light, another stop light, and the driveway. if you're in motion it doesn't seem to put a waypoint. You can set it up to show the last so many waypoints - which is great if you're trying to track something and can't look for awhile.
LOVE IT, WORTH EVERY PENNY!
I have been reading the other reviews and so far the only negatives I have seen are only that "You can't track other people" THIS IS NOT THE CASE. The person has to give you permission. Once that is done you are up and running. I would say 90% of the time it is pretty dead on. I downloaded the free app and after using it for a month I had no Issues paying the Subscription fee. My children are all grown and out of the house now and moved away and it's really neat to be able to watch them travel or just have fun letting them know they are being watched. Also my mother in law is getting up and years and if she needs rescueing all I have to do is tell it to give me directions to her and it does. She doesnt have to give me directions. I cant tell you all the reason's i like this app.......Had a small glitch when "updating" the app but emailed Tech support a little slow in responce but all in all problem fixed. :) Still happy with the app. Question: when will it (or if it does how does it work) have a notification when a friend comes within a certain distance from me and not a fence? But i do like the fences :) Good Upgrade
- Sollico Software Corporation
- 17.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Sollico Software
- In-App Purchases
- 3-Months Subscription $1.99
- 1-Year Subscription $3.99
- 2-Years Subscription $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.