Where are your kids?
Where have they been?
With Footprints, you can track your kids and share locations with family and friends, anytime, privately. It all happens automatically, whether your phone is in your hand or in your pocket. All in a beautifully clear and simple interface.
Now, parents can keep track of their children's whereabouts and see where they have been, couples can know that their loved ones arrived safely at their destination, friends can locate each other, and even managers can keep track of employees in the field.
Footprints tracks and shares locations automatically – in real time, all the time. And it does it privately. It's really different from other apps that simply show the current location or require some kind of manual operation to share locations.
With Footprints, you can set up Geofences, like your kids school, and be notified when these fences are crossed. You can even activate movement sensors that will notify you each time your loved ones are on the move.
- Tracks movement throughout the day and logs waypoints without user intervention.
- Parental control feature allows for sharing locations at all times, without a disabling option.
- Lets you share waypoints by granting specific permissions. For instance, you can share your last 50 waypoints with a friend for two days.
- Geofence and movement notifications can alert you when someone moves or crosses a fenced area. Speeding notifications can alert parents when their teenagers go over the speed limit.
- Designed to sync seamlessly between your iPhone and iPad.
- Runs in the background – without draining your battery – by leveraging Apple's Significant Location Change technology, which monitors location changes as your device “sees” new cellular towers. (Footprints typically logs a waypoint when there is movement of 500 meters to 3 km or a quarter-mile to 2 miles, depending on cellular coverage in the area.) This default setting provides a good balance of timely location updates without draining the battery.
- Initial free subscription period makes it easy to get started.
- Requirements: iOS 8.3 or later. (Footprints 1.6 supports iOS 4.3 and later). Footprints must be installed on all devices tracking or sharing locations, and each device must have a valid subscription.
- Tracking Disclaimer: Devices without a GPS and cellular connection (iPad Wi-Fi, iPod touch) can only track and share waypoints when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Battery Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Support for iOS 13 and iPad Pro.
Various improvements and minor fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I set this up on mine an my parents phone. I set theirs to last 15 waypoints. An mine as well. I have them permission an they gave me permission. At first it seems to work fine, although it would only mark the last waypoint of everyone on everyone's phone. If I clicked to look at myself I seen everywhere I been that day. However after using this app the first day, the next day I noticed it marked waypoints at where I had not been. But it was close. A few more days pass an now when u click friends it shows mom me mom. Instead of mom me dad. I don't have any idea why. I tried everything to fix it. Even deleting an reinstalling. It would have been really neat if this thing could work right. We would have bought it. The good thing is u can see everything everywhere an zoom in an out an know all the streets. But you can also do that on google map :D I wouldn't recommend this app.
Wish it worked consistently
Kept dropping “friends” and stating I didn’t have any. Bought three year subscriptions for me and two kids in January. One has started stating it has expired. Had to continuously allow location sharing even when set through the settings. While it worked, it had good functionality but now is just a waste of money.
A few things to know - it's a free app, and free to use the first month however after that you pay $.99/month or $2.99/year or $4.99 for 2 years - which I'd say is reasonable for what you get. You have to get the program on all phones you're following and they have to give permission. I got this app along with setting up Find my Iphone with the icloud program on my iphone 4 for comparison. Find my Iphone only shows current location - and is pretty accurate. You can use it for iphones/ipads on your account. I like being able to look at both to see what the difference is in location, however for the most part I've been impressed with the accuracy of the locations on Footprints. You can't count on it being always exactly right, but it's been pretty accurate most of the time. We live the country where you normally have weak cell signals and the accurancy on our property shows if its in the driveway, in the house, on the patio, in an outbuilding, neighbors, etc. It takes a little figuring out to get it set up, but I had it installed and working on a phone within 15 minutes. It seems to update mostly when there's a positional change and you stop for awhile... such as I could see a phone at the grocery store, a stop light, another stop light, and the driveway. if you're in motion it doesn't seem to put a waypoint. You can set it up to show the last so many waypoints - which is great if you're trying to track something and can't look for awhile.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Sollico Software Corporation
- 17.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Sollico Software
- In-App Purchases
- 1-Year Subscription $4.99
- 3-Months Subscription $1.99
- 2-Years Subscription $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.