Fine Tuner is a light-weight, minimalistic tuner with a user interface optimized for guitar, bass, violin, ukulele, banjo and other string instruments. It utilizes your device's built-in microphone. The app includes dozens of guitar tunings as well as several tunings for a variety of other instruments. Fine Tuner also has the ability to tune to a custom note and can be used to tune almost any instrument.
The free version of the app includes standard guitar, drop d, and double drop d tunings.
- Built in tunings for guitar, bass, 4-string / 5-string banjo, ukulele, violin, viola, cello, mandolin, cuarto, charango.
- Support for changing the standard A tuning (e.g. 432 Hz).
- Auto mode for minimal app interaction while tuning.
- Dark mode.
Favoriting support: you can now pin favorite tunings for faster access.
Ratings and Reviews
Good Tuner, Could be Even Better!
This tuner is just the best in terms of layout and simplicity. But what’s holding it back are two things:
1) There is no option to create custom tunings. This is a very easy feature to implement since the tuner already has all the chromatic notes available, just let the user decide how many strings they want the metaphorical instrument to have and then let the user pick the note / Hz of those strings
2) This app needs a better way to store or save favorite tunings instead of a single scroll list with no good way to jump to what you want. Maybe just a search bar would solve this?
Perfect + what would make this app better
Through my years (3 years) of playing guitar and mandolin I’ve struggled to find a perfect tuner; most of the ones I’ve used aren’t spot on to the note, can’t pick up sound, and have a terrible design. But fine tuner has a simple design with no complexity, and is able to pick up your instrument over others playing around you. And after a year of using this tuner, I think it’s safe to say that this is the tuning perfect tuning app.
One thing that I would love to see, is the l
“favorite” feature where you favorite your tuning so that way you can easily get to it instead of surfing through all the others. I often switch from open g, to standard, to dadgad, and many others and often find it time consuming to find the tuning I’m looking for. Although it’s not a puzzle to get to your tuning, it would be easier with the favorite feature.
This app is perfect and is my preferred tuner. Well worth the inexpensive cost of purchase for the full app. Improvements suggested would be saving preferred instrument tunings to the top of the list, and adding additional tuning standards such as E4=333hz (whatever that would equate to with the A4) seems like it would be rather easy for a mathematical function to reproduce more settings... perhaps an variable slider with value inputs. Additionally, the dark theme is perfect in my view. Might be worth while to include some sort of linked information on when and how metal and nylon (and etc.) strings will likely break. Perhaps another reading on purchasing new strings and descriptions of various tunings links (their vibes, their feel, their usage, etc.)
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 9928189 Canada Inc.
- 2.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Deepkanwal Plaha
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Upgrade $3.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.