FineReader PDF for Mac reduces inefficiencies resulting from inaccessible, non-searchable documents, information, and workflows that involve a mix of paper and digital documents. With all new UI and OCR technology, FineReader PDF for Mac helps to quickly and reliably extract content within documents with unmatched accuracy and simplify daily work with documents.
• Extract, reuse, and edit content of PDFs, paper documents, and their scanned images by converting them to editable formats such as DOCX, XLSX, RTF, ODT, and others.
• Digitize the documents into PDFs to work with, archive, or share:
• searchable PDFs for easy retrieval,
• industry-standard PDF/A for reliable long-term archiving,
• PDF/UA to ensure accessibility.
• Protect documents digitized into PDFs with passwords.
• Manage document conversion: choose between Quick conversion scenarios to get the task done in a few clicks, or Advanced conversion to control all details of the process.
• Digitize without a scanner: capture the documents with iPhone® or iPad® directly to FineReader PDF with Continuity Camera, or transfer images taken earlier to convert them.
• Preview, read, annotate and print your PDF documents with a built-in PDF Viewer.
• Support of Apple Silicon chip (via Rosetta 2).
• Image Editor to improve the quality of document photos and scans.
WHEN TO USE
• Edit information “sealed” in a PDF, scan, or paper document
• Reuse it! Extract portions of text for further quotation, copying/pasting, and translation
• Protect your digital documents
• Create reliable and searchable archives of PDF documents
• Make your documents accessible
• Create document copies for reading on the go
• Capture your documents with a mobile device and edit on a computer
• Correct photos and images of documents for best conversion results
WHO NEEDS FINEREADER PDF
Suitable for anyone who works with PDFs, scans, and paper documents on a day to day basis and need to edit and reuse their content, digitize them, or convert them to formats suitable for sharing, storing, and archiving. Especially useful in:
• Legal Services
• Government / Public Sector
BENEFIT FROM PREMIUM
The app is free to download and provides 7-days full access to all features. After 7 days free trial, enable Premium by choosing between:
• 1-year subscription with annual auto-renewal (additional 7 days for free is included),
• 1-month subscription with annual auto-renewal,
• Free plan, which provides viewing and navigating PDF files only.
The subscription is automatically renewed at the end of every one-year period unless you choose to cancel it at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. You can manage your subscription and switch off the auto-renewal by accessing your Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription to this publication.
LICENSING FOR BUSINESS
Perpetual licenses and progressive volume discounts are available starting from 5 licenses to maximize savings across your organization.
Do you like FineReader PDF? Please leave a review in Mac App Store, G2 or Capterra software comparison platforms.
With this release, FineReader PDF for Mac gets more PDF features to highlight and comment in PDF documents, capability to save conversion results into separate documents, and bugfix:
• Annotate in PDFs: Make, edit, delete and reply to the text comments in PDFs. Use “sticky notes” to add comments to non-textual content.
• Save conversion results into separate documents: When opening multiple documents in the Advanced Conversion, it is possible to save the conversion results into separate output documents that correspond to the input documents.
The most important improvements in the previous release:
• Use newly added Highlight mode to easier highlight multiple text pieces one by one.
• Select and copy a table without analyzing its structure first: click the “Copy” button, and table structure is analyzed automatically (unless already analyzed).
• Convert documents up to 20 percent faster (depending on a document) and have FineReader PDF running more smoothly thanks to overall optimization of document and image processing.
Stay tuned! New features are coming soon. Read more at pdf.abbyy.com/blog! Please write a review in the App Store. If you need us, please contact us at support.abbyy.com
Ratings and Reviews
Program works great but don't expect anything from Abbyy
I downloaded the free trial and it was great, but then when I went to buy it Abbeyy charged me $99 and the authorization codes failed to work. Turns out I somehow bought a Wondows version. Eventually I bought it thru Apple and it works great. I did send a series of emails to the compnay to get my $99 back and they did eventually get back to me and were very helpful.
Bottom line, the program is great, be patient with help, but they are great too.
Developer Response ,
Dear Steve, thank you for your feedback! We are sorry that you have faced with the difficulties of activation the subscription license. We really want to help you with the refund for an extra purchase made. We accept all support requests only via the Web form: https://support.abbyy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Safari browser requires Cookies to be enabled to sign in Help Center. Please follow the link in the yellow bar or try to use another browser to create a support request.
ABBYY Customer Support
Less functionality and performance than previous version.
Frequently updated review early 2023: You may recognize this app as a reskinned FineReader Pro, but it is missing a few features such as page reorder/move. If you have the Correct Page Orientation preference on you may find the random page skewed—Deskew was completely useless in correcting this bug. Why free rotation is not supported as in similar apps, well who knows? Some lengthy exports occasionally fail with little or cryptic explanations in the message bar (center top); or is it still running? There is a little blue cylon eye oscillating in the window. Random image handling errors pop up. "Internal program error: src" tells you they messed up putting jet engines on a biplane. It seems like a crippled port of a more functional PC app, just a few of the irritants that have plagued me just as the Subscription (Submission) went active after the free week ended. JPEG's will no longer import. I am currently working with tech support, but the directed download from their site will not even open. Support is slow; expect at least a one-day delay in between message and response. After a five days delay ABBYY support had me DL the build from their site. It would not install.
It is overpriced and BROKEN rentware.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. As you have already created a support request please kindly await to the agent's response and follow the recommendations provided. We will do our best to resolve the situation as soon as possible. Sincerely,
ABBYY Customer Support
Unethical Garbage Software
To new potential users - don't purchase, do some research for other PDF readers, a lot of them have OCR built in, and they don't pull the shady stuff this developer decided to pull on its loyal customers.
If this company is not loyal to its paying customers, don't be loyal to them!
I purchased Abby FineReader for $129 for the ocassional OCR text recognition (even though my scanner has this feature built in, but I wanted a slightly more professional solution)
I try to open it today only to find out an update was
released and forced on me without my input, and I couldn't avoid it, so now I have this trash ransomware asking me for another $70 to keep using it even though I already purchased this version.
you guys could have let existing version clients keep their paid version, released a new rent to own version, offer existing customers to move at their own convenience or of their own violition if the value proposition was good.
Instead you resort to these dark sales tricks to squeeze money out of people that already paid.
Never again. This is literally on principle.
If you wanted kind words, don't treat your paying customers like like someone you can rob.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely want to clarify what kind of inconvenience you experienced with the application and fix the situation. Please specify the situation in more detail by creating a request via ABBYY Help Center https://support.abbyy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. In case you have already created one, please reply to the agent's questions so our specialists could investigate the issue and give you proper solutions. Sincerely,
ABBYY Customer Support
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ABBYY USA Software House Inc
- 932.1 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2023, ABBYY Development Inc. OCR app.
- In-App Purchases
- FineReader Premium $69.99
- FineReader Premium $11.99
- FineReader Premium Lifetime $129.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.