Designed with parents, for parents – FirstView®, powered by First Student, makes you a part of your student’s journey. To school. From school. Every day.
FirstView® is your resource for knowing the location of your student’s bus, estimated arrival times at your student’s stop and when your student’s bus arrives or departs their school. FirstView® is a partnership between First Student and the school districts we serve, bringing increased transparency and communication about the school bus for students and their families. Currently, FirstView® is only available to a small number of school districts but we are working hard to offer it to as many districts as possible! Please contact your school district or our FirstView® support team if you would like to know if FirstView® is available for you.
Dedicated Customer Support
• Contact FirstView® Monday – Friday by:
- Calling the toll-free phone number 888-889-8920 from 7:00 a.m. EST to 5:00 p.m. EST;
- Emailing Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Using the in-app messaging to provide feedback.
• The FirstView® map screen shows you the live location and direction of your student’s bus, your student's stop schedule for the current day and timestamps for school arrivals and departures.
Predictive Stop Arrival Times
• Analyzing route and real-time GPS data, we determine an estimated time of arrival to your stop provided on the FirstView® map.
Custom Alerts and Messages
• Set up push or email notifications alerting you when your student's bus is a chosen distance or number of minutes away from your stop.
• Receive push messages about why your student’s bus is late and an estimation of how long it will be delayed.
• Buses for all your students can be tracked with FirstView®. Using individual colors for each student, every selected stop appears on the map simultaneously for easy viewing and differentiation.
Additional User Notifications
• The main user of the FirstView® app can connect three additional email accounts to receive email alerts.
Secure and Easy Access
• FirstView® requires a password-protected account along with your student’s ID for app set-up. This way, only you can view your student’s stop.
• Register and log-in from your smartphone, tablet or desktop.
Updated translations are now available for locale settings French (fr-ca) and Spanish (es-mx).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Don’t move or the app won’t work
This app used to work great, until we moved. It’s been 3 weeks and they still can’t figure out why my sons student ID is not working.
**update: it took about a month, but the app is working at my new address. I do have to say, although it took a long time, the support team (Steven I believe) was nothing but nice the whole time. The estimated time is way off sometimes, but I can still see where the bus is. Other than that it has been working great.
Developer Response ,
Please reach out to us at email@example.com with the student's ID that's having issues, and your school district. Please let us know those additional details so we can help resolve this for you, thanks!
Wonderful problem fix
I was having issues with the time of my daughters drop off ranging 20+ minutes late, emailed feedback with my concerns and they were fantastic to answer and resolve all of the issue! I spoke with Stephen, and he kept me up to date with updates and reasonings. It put me at ease and made me feel more comfortable fo my 4 year olds transportation!
I used to love this app because it had a little countdown on the screen of an estimation of how many minutes away my daughters bus was. That feature is gone now. I emailed my feedback through the app and the response I got was that that feature was never there. Makes no sense. I was told that the gps on the map would be able to tell me the location of her bus in concordance with the pick up location(using a visual marker but it is NEVER accurate. My daughters bus was in front of my house and the app showed that it was on the opposite side of the city. It’s useless and it’s very frustrating. I emailed screen shots to ask for help and never got a response.
Developer Response ,
We're sorry to hear that you've had issues with the app, and we'd love an opportunity to fix this for you. The FirstView app does provide an ETA countdown as well as a map view of the location of the vehicle and student's stop. There are instances where an ETA can't be calculated due to unforeseen events (road closures, GPS device issue, etc.), but the ETA feature has always been available on the app.
We apologize for the communication mishap, and we will happily get this worked out for you. Please email us your details at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can look further into this, thanks!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.