FishDope was created for one purpose, to help Southern California anglers catch more fish without wasting precious fuel or time.
FishDope has been designed to give members all the pertinent information needed to plan a successful day on the water. Only FishDope combines daily detailed fishing reports with the latest high-resolution satellite sea surface imagery to take the guesswork out of deciding where to fish.
Get all of this in one easy-to-use mobile interface!
- DAILY detailed fishing reports covering inshore, islands, and offshore fishing
- Sea Surface Temperature Maps - High-res single shots, multi-day composites, raw SST, and cloud-free SST, updated daily
- Chlorophyll Concentration – updated daily
- HOT BITE Reports from Professionals and FishDope users, right on the chart
- Create routes to measure distances between waypoints and plan your trip
- GPS tracking – Use your device's built-in GPS to track your location right on the chart
- Real-time weather buoy data plus 5-day wind forecast
- High-resolution bathymetry data to visualize offshore banks and bottom structure
- Save reports and charts right to your phone for use while offshore and out of wifi range
- Live VHF radio scanning popular fishing channels
Some services offer a text-based report or a SST map to help you find fish. Any serious angler knows that these are only two of the tools needed to successfully and repeatedly find game fish.
With Fishdope Fishing App we have combined SSTs, chlorophyll concentration, the latest fishing reports, and buoy and wind data all into a single interactive interface.
The data is displayed in an easy-to-understand format that can be cached and then browsed when on the water (even without internet connection) for quick reference. Having all this key data on one page puts private boat captains in the right zone without spending countless hours trying to locate fish.
All the information you will find on Fishdope.com and Fishdope Fishing App is served up fresh by our team of local experts, charter captains, commercial fisherman and other serious anglers like yourself.
REQUIREMENTS: Active Fishdope.com membership subscription, wifi or cellular internet connection for retrieving charts and reports.
Map bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best fish reporting app for So Cal
The new version of this app is much improved over the old. The fish reports added to the app along with VHF radio is a huge improvement. The charts are way better than they used to be and have all the tools that used to be just for the web version. I love the addition of the wind forecast.
If you have a boat and fish in LA/San Diego/ upper Baja area this is a must have tool. They fly an airplane and find schools of fish no one knows about then reports them to the app!
This is a great app!
I like the app. A lot. I like that it integrates well with the FishDope membership and daily updated information. Best part is the chart displaying your real-time location in relation to the information(tempbreaks, chloroform, hot bites etc)
Thank you for an awesome app to help me plan and implement my time on the water efficiently and effectively!
Works as advertised and is mobile
I really like the ability to cache images, take them with me on the water and use my phones GPS to view location on images.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.