Welcome to RipCharts - An industry leader in satellite fishing maps. This app is free to download for existing RipCharts Premium subscribers. If you are new to RipCharts, then we allow you to purchase a new RipCharts subscription via an In App Purchase. Please contact us if you have questions or would like a complementary demo
The RipCharts mobile app is a powerful tool that enables offshore fishermen to evaluate recent satellite imagery in order to determine favorable fishing conditions. Search for, view, and download maps of near-realtime satellite imagery onto your device to take with you offshore.
View the latest imagery datasets:
- Raw SST orbit scans
- Composite SST (1day, 3day)
- Multi-Res/Cloud Free SST
- Sub-Surface SST (0m, -25m, -50m, -100m)
- 5 day SST forecast models
- Chlorophyll/Cloud mashups
- Chlorophyll composites
- True Color
Use the multi-touch map to zoom, pan, view waypoints, and overlay additional data layers to gain insight into where the most favorable fishing zones are located.
- Measure distances and headings between points
- Dynamically customize temp/color ranges on SST maps to identify subtle breaks <-- powerful feature!
- Overlay bathymetry, altimetry, currents, and Loran layers
- Tap the map to receive point information (lat, lon, depth, SST)
- Popular waypoints and fishing hotspots come pre-loaded
- Manage your personal waypoints (add, edit, delete)
- Save imagery to your device for offline/offshore use
- Show your position and navigate on saved imagery using GPS satellites
- "Go Here" navigation with bearing, ETA, and speed displays
- Floater oil rig positions updated twice daily (Gulf of Mexico only)
Improvements for when very bad, high latency, or intermittent network is experienced when offshore
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Amazing customer service
I used the service one year and forgot that it automatically renewed. I emailed to cancel my subscription bummed out that I had just bought another year on accident. Turns out RipCharts just expired my account and refunded my money without having to ask. The App was excellent as well for fishing assistance!
Don’t leave the dock without it
The mobile app is game changer and makes it simple for anyone to use at home or on the water. The built in navigation and ability to download charts and use outside of cell range is invaluable.
Go RipCharts Go!
I have subscribed to RipCharts for many years now. I love all the different map views and tools. I find it to be very easy to navigate and they keep adding more features for the same price. Highly recommended!
SCUBA Steve from Tementos Dive Center, New Orleans La.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- RipCharts, LLC.
- 154.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2007 RipCharts
- In-App Purchases
- US - East Coast $169.99
- US - Gulf of Mexico $169.99
- US - West Coast $169.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.