Your mobile fitness trainer for at home.
The Fitness for Amputees App includes a series of easy-to-understand exercises for leg and arm amputees developed by experienced Ottobock physiotherapists. Up to 6 months after a prosthetic fitting, the app can be your regular companion and provide you with the training you need in this special situation. All you need for the exercises is a mat, a towel and a ball. Once you have installed the app on your device, you can also use it offline.
The app consists of 3 modules for leg prosthesis wearers and 2 modules for arm prosthesis wearers.
The modules for the lower extremity:
- Strength & Endurance: For strengthening the upper body muscles and stabilizing the spine. This is the basis for a natural gait pattern.
- Coordination & Balance: To improve coordination and to support secure standing on the prosthesis. To achieve more comfort and more natural movement sequences.
- Stretch & Relaxation: To relax the muscles and for faster regeneration. With these exercises the flexibility of the muscles can be increased.
The modules of the upper extremity:
- Shoulder: To strengthen the arm and shoulder girdle muscles. With the help of these exercises, poor posture and the resulting back and headaches can be avoided.
- Torso: To strengthen the abdominal and back muscles. To improve the balance, resulting in better stability and more safety with handling the prosthesis.
To achieve the best results, we recommend you to train 2-3 times a week for 5-11 minutes and changing regularly between the respective modules. The 3 levels of difficulty (easy / normal / difficult) allow you to adapt the exercises individually to your physical condition. By changing to a higher difficulty level you can make long-term progress.
More functions and advantages:
- Exercise selection: Either complete a pre-set training program or create your own individual training program
- Music selection: Train to the music available in the app or to your own
- Statistics function: Keep track of your progress and get an overview of the number of exercises you have already completed
- Reminder function: Let the app remind you of your next training session
Download the Fitness for Amputees App now and add it to your daily fitness and rehabilitation program!
- Training for arm amputees through the two modules shoulder and torso
•Fitness training for upper limb prosthetic users
•New exercises to strengthen the arm and shoulder girdle muscles
•New exercises to strengthen the core and back muscles
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
For single leg amputees only
Sadly all the exercises only cover single above knee or below knee amputees. There are no tips or adapted exercises for double above knee amputees. Apart from some of the stretching exercises, it’s not very useful for the whole range of leg amputees.
It a nice app, but what about the users that are double or even triple amputees . A lot of these exercises are meant for single amputees! Which would be nice to incorporate of modified exercises for the triple Amputee!
I find this app most useful for everyone who needs guidance on amputee training. Although, you should make an app with exercises for hip disarticulated. I'm an hip disarticulated ottobock user and I know a lot o people who need that kind of guidance too.
- Ottobock SE & Co. KGaA
- 95.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © Otto Bock HealthCare GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.