FiveTimer is your cube timer with all the strength where it matters. Modern and updated regularly, FiveTimer has been developed and maintained since 2011. Today, it's full of power-user features you won't see in any other timer including:
• Universal App for the iPhone and iPad.
• Puzzle support for all WCA puzzles across multiple sessions and custom sessions you can configure yourself.
- Random state scramblers include 2x2, 3x3, Square-1, Pyraminx, and Skewb.
- Blindfold scrambles*
• Drop to stop, an innovative and natural way to stop the timer.
• Time tint, times colored based on how they fare to time compares to the session*
• Hold to start or tap to start with an optional 15 second inspection.
• Landscape support for iPhones*
• Statistics for averages of 5, 12, 50, 100, 250, 500 and 1000
• Supports SplitView on iPads
• Voice options to read the times of give inspection alerts*
• Hardware keyboard shortcuts including start and stop with spacebar.
* feature exclusive to FiveTimer
- Fixed crashes that could occur if your device was in Danish, French, Gernan, Russian, or Swedish. Thanks to those who pointed this out my devices are normally not in any of those languages!
- Added Spanish localization.
- Updated for latest iOS version.
Ratings and Reviews
Well worth the $2
Most timers are free, so I was hesitant to spend money on one. But after using it, I'm very happy with the purchase! This timer has a very polished feeling, and it has almost every feature I want. I sent a feedback email containing a few requests (eg. random state clock scrambles) and the developer responded within two days, which is much faster than I would have expected! I replied to that email, and his next response came within two hours. Very pleased with the speedy replies, and also pleased with how he handled the requests/feedback! There are no issues with this amazing app that I can find, and I plan on using FiveTimer (and recommending it to others!) for likely years to come.
iPhone 12 compatibility issue (fixed!)
The buttons on the top are obstructed by the notch and unpressable
Edit- it’s been fixed! Best mobile timer hands down!
Some major problems
While the concept it nice, there are some huge problems that make the timer not worth getting.
The first is that it is very easy to reset your session, and I have many times accidentally reset all my solves. If they made the reset button in settings instead of on the timer, it would be better.
Second, the settings take forever to load. At first it is fine, but after I hit 2000 solves I started noticing some significant delays from when I press the stats button to it loading. Now I am at 7000, and I plan on getting much more, and I will press the stats button, go do something else and come back so I don’t have to wait for it to load.
Some other features that it should have would be showing you your PBS on the timer, format customization, and a way to back up your times.
Don’t get this timer until these will be fixed, it is a waste of money
Developer Response ,
Sorry you're having trouble.
There is a prompt that is displayed asking "are you sure?" before resetting a session. You can also hide this button.
The timer was not intended for sessions of that magnitude (few timers are). Work is being done to support larger sessions.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tristan Wright
- 2.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Danish, French, German, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2021
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.