Flashcards by NKO is an engaging educational mobile solution for students and teachers worldwide.
Looking for a powerful and easy-to-use flashcards app to help you study? This app allows you to create rich text formatted flashcards with pictures and download millions of flashcards on hundreds of subjects created by both experts and novices.
Matching, True/False, Memory, Spelling, Q-Battle, Word Search, Flow, Flappy Dog, Dig It Up, 2048, Ninja, Bingo, Q-Battle LMP, Blocks, and Letters games add more fun to your studying. Don't be surprised to find yourself playing games, getting badges and beating highscores of your friends or classmates rather than simply flipping flash cards... :) Not enough? Loci will turn your cards into a 3D Memory Palace that exploits a memory technique of ancient Greeks and memory champions. Moreover you will immerse ing an augment reality realm in Defender game
All tools and games are connected to a sophisticated Spaced Repetition System (SRS) that tracks your progress and keep you organized.
- 2.5 millions downloads
- used in classrooms and schools worldwide.
"I saw a big improvement in the most recent test scores which, I believe, can be partially attributed to their use of the Flashcards app."
"everything you ever wanted to do with flashcards and then some. Supports individualized and differentiated learning in the classroom."
"I'm a high school English teacher who loves your app! I kept seeing my students using it, and I checked the app store a couple of times looking for it. I finally took a good look, and I realized they were creating fabulous decks beyond what I was seeing in the bare apps available. The features of your app are rich and so intuitive!"
- Create your own flash cards with rich text formatting and images
- Download millions of flashcards made by other users
- Organize your cards into folders
- Share your decks with friends using shared (automatically synchronized) folders, email or iTunes.
- Keep track of your progress for each deck and each card
- Spaced Repetition System
- Manual and Slide show modes
- Linear/Adaptive/Shuffle mode to enhance retention
- 5 tools (Review, Explore, Quiz, Listen, and Collage).
- 16 studying/testing games (Matching, Memory, True/False, Spelling, Words, Q-Battle, Flow, Flappy, Dig It Up, Ninja, 2048, Bingo, Q-Battle MP, Blocks, Letters, Loci)
- 6 built-in keyboards (rich text formatting, fast edit, maths symbols, chemistry symbols, Fonts, and Greek letters) and support of custom keyboards.
- Combine or split decks
- Sorting flashcards
- Import decks in txt, csv, or tsv formats
- a drawing tool
- 36 built-in text-to-speech voices that work offline + 40+ additional voices from iSpeech.
- color coding
- no distracting ads
- the only flashcard app with a full-fledged class management system
- classes, leaderboards, a lot of games!
- students' folders for personalized learning
- teacher's messages
- statistics in detail: who reviewed what, when, for how long, what tools and games are used. Printable reports.
- multiplayer games
+ Various improvements and performance enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Potential is there
*** Update, customer service is spectacular! They reached out right away to address the below issue. Long story short the issue is with apple’s newest iOS update, and not the app itself. They are working on a fix, but it will take some time. I appreciate their prompt reply and willingness to find out what the issue is. ***
The potential is there for this to be great a flashcard app. I downloaded the app to make flashcards for my son‘s science test. I wanted something basic that I could quickly make flashcards instead of having to write them out manually. The first 10 flashcards were great I use the microphone function to read/speak the information onto the flashcards. However, after that the microphone function stopped working. I tested the microphone and other apps and it worked fine I restarted my phone and the microphone started working again, but only for one card. Tried restarting the phone again, and again the microphone worked but only for one card. I would give it five stars if the microphone allowed me to read/speak instead of having to type the information into the card, which is too time consuming.
Developer Response ,
Please update the app. The microphone is now working properly.
I am a college student who has used this app for over two years and I have always loved it. Today I a question and so I emailed them not excepting to hear back from them for at least a few hours. To my amazingly surprised eyes I had an instant emailed response with help and continued help till the situation was resolved enough for me to continue with what I needed to get done with my work. The customer service and level of help this app provides is absolutely fabulous. I am one who NEVER writes feedback, and I usually don’t email for customer support either but I was just so frustrated today and I am so pleased right now. Just wow! With all the stress of being a student it is so nice to have wonderful apps that will let you study and help you learn a certain way by matching vocab, and in college there is so much. Or play games with questions before bed or before a big test, its less stressful than just reading notes.
Again cannot say enough about this app! Love it!!
Great app helping my kids learn
I homeschooled my daughter using Classical Conversations, which required a lot of memorization of facts. I love how I was able to easily add pictures by using the camera on my iPad, and how I could record the songs (that are used to memorize different facts) directly onto the card. My daughter begged to play the review games. I bought the upgrade, and for us, it was money well spent. The games are varied and kept my daughter interested enough so she could memorize her material.
Now I am in court reporting school and required to memorize a lot of information. I set the cards up so that they automatically flip and my hands never have to leave the stenograph. I am able to see immediately if I wrote the word correctly on my machine which helps reinforce the learning. I love that I can create a stack of cards and share them with my classmates. I recommend this app to all my school peers.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- NKO Ventures LLC
- 107.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © NKO Ventures LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Individual Edition $99.99
- Individual Edition $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.