Convenient iPhone and iPad Flashlight with instant ON at startup before whole app starts! It includes Morse Code encoder and transmitter using flashlight and this can be used for learning purposes as well as in emergency or just for fun transmitting information between skilled morse code readers.
IMPORTANT: In emergency please transmit international and worldwide recognized sign: SOS
* Convenient Flashlight for iPhone and iPad on the go with big ON/OFF button switch, iPhone auto-lock is disabled so it stays on
* Really fast Flashlight instant ON even before whole application starts
* Encode any text to Morse code with live preview, great for learning purposes
* On iPhone 4, iPad 3 and newer models equipped with flashlight you can also transmit your Morse Code using LED flashlight
* Universal app that works both on iPhone and iPad (however flashlight works only on models equipped with LED flashlight) so you pay only once and use on all your devices
* Compatible with iOS 4.3+ up to iOS 7
* Copy encoded Morse code to clipboard for later sharing using Text messages, E-Mail or make fun of your friends and update your Facebook / Twitter status with morse code
* iPhone auto-lock is disabled when in transmission or when in flashlight mode so you no need to worry about your screen auto-lock when in emergency. Transmission is limited only by your battery charge and capacity.
Summary: Morse code encoding and sharing works on all devices, however for Flashlight and Morse Code transmission using Flashlight you will need iPhone 4 and newer.
Morse code is a method of transmitting textual information as a series of on-off tones, lights, or clicks that can be directly understood by a skilled listener or observer without special equipment. The International Morse Code encodes the Roman alphabet, the Arabic numerals and a small set of punctuation and procedural signals as standardized sequences of short and long signals called "dots" and "dashes" respectively, or "dits" and "dahs".
More information with Morse code translation table can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morse_code
* Updated for iOS 7
Ratings and Reviews
Nice idea works well
-.-- .- -.--
I don't know why the other reviews say that the light doesn't work. It works fine for me. My only complaint is that the messages could go faster.
I couldn't tell you if this app was capable of translating text into morse, or if it was able to flash morse through the flashlight. Anytime I attempt to type something, the app pulls up the keyboard and magnifying glass, then crashes.
The developer, Pavel Kanzelsberger, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Pavel Kanzelsberger
- 4.2 MB
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 4.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2014 Mediaware, s.r.o.