Fleeting Notes is the ultimate solution for quick, efficient, and secure note-taking. Whether you're on your phone, tablet, or browsing the web, capture your thoughts in an instant, keep them organized and accessible, all while maintaining control over your data.
Here's what sets Fleeting Notes apart:
- Offline First: Our design prioritizes offline functionality, so you can take notes anytime, anywhere, even without an internet connection.
- Open Source: We believe in transparency and community collaboration. Fleeting Notes is open source, inviting users and developers to contribute and improve upon our platform.
- End-to-End Encryption: Your privacy is our priority. With end-to-end encryption, your notes and ideas stay secure and private.
- Quick Capture & Easy Interface: Jot down thoughts, highlights, and URLs swiftly with our user-friendly interface. Capture ideas as they come, without any hassle.
- Obsidian Sync: Seamless synchronization with Obsidian ensures your notes are always up-to-date across platforms. Use our dedicated Obsidian plugin for effortless integration.
- Home Widgets: Keep your notes at your fingertips. With home widgets, your notes are just a tap away, right from your home screen.
- Bi-Directional Linking: Create a web of connected ideas. Our bi-directional linking feature allows for link previews and backlinks, making it easy to navigate and expand your notes.
Whether you're a dedicated Obsidian user or looking for a powerful mobile note-taking tool, Fleeting Notes is designed to enhance your productivity and secure your data. Download Fleeting Notes today – experience the future of note-taking, made simple, efficient, and secure.
Terms and Conditions: https://fleetingnotes.app/terms-and-conditions
- add ability to pin notes #916
- add bottom padding to text field #932
- fix data loss when accessing widgets #927
- fix bug where autofocus applies to non-empty notes
- make text scale apply to single notes view #946
- add way to copy url #947
Ratings and Reviews
Want to Like It but Sync Function Needs a LOT of Work
I first discovered Fleeting Notes through the Chrome extension store and then discovered it had accompanying iOS apps for iPhone and iPad. I was deciding between this and Eloquence and that is the factor that made me choose Fleeting Notes.
However, I am constantly having issues with the sync. I know not every app under the sun can sync at light speed, especially if they are still perfecting their product, but this is ridiculous. I will hit force sync over and over and nothing happens. It says on the Obsidian plugin that it resyncs every 30 minutes or so. Well, I made a note using the Chrome extension at around 1:30pm today. It is now almost 9:30pm and it is STILL not there. It’s not in Obsidian, nor is it in the Fleeting Notes app itself. It takes WAY too long.
I use apps like Notion and NotePlan religiously and when I make any kind of change in either app on one device, I can literally refresh the page on another device seconds later and the changes are right there.
I won’t delete it just yet but, unfortunately, it looks like I’m inevitably going to head that route.
Trying this out for a scratch pad to sync to obsidian. On a brand new iphone 14 pro max, had it open on screen for 90 minutes slowly writing some stuff and it drained my battery almost thirty percent. I think the only other app that does that much battery drain in that time frame is TikTok. What's it doing??
Markdown is a joke. It only sometimes works in the note and never in list view. It mostly doesn't work at all given it depends on what markdown you're trying to use. On top of that, it's ridiculous that you can't sort without using search which I neither want nor need. Why can you save searches, but not create lists? That makes zero sense. Not that it works for more than one note anyway. I want all notes at once in the order I want them.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Matthew Wong
- 40.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Matthew Wong
- In-App Purchases
- Fleeting Notes Basic Plan $5.99