▸ Automatic GPS based Flight Time Logger for Pilots
▸ Records Block Time, True Flight Time and Landings
▸ Shows Elapsed Times and Ground Speed during Flight
Flight Time helps you focus on flying instead of noting down take-off and landing times while you are in the cockpit. The Flight Time iOS app is using GPS to automatically log them for you.
All you have to do is enter your plane's stall speed so that the app knows whether you are flying a Citabria or an F-16 and turn GPS on before your flight.
Over at the airport restaurant, tap on parked and see all the information you need to fill out your logbook. Yes, the restaurant is optional, but you need to press parked before you drive away from the airport, so the app can figure out your correct block-on/end time.
- Universal App for both iPad and iPhone
- Email flight times directly from the app to your student or instructor
- Detects block-off, take-off, landing and block-on times automatically with GPS
- Allows for manual input of flight phases making this app usable even with GPS disabled
- Flight Time keeps logging in the background allowing you to use other apps simultaneously or put your phone to sleep
- Continuously displays totals so far in current flight
- Keeps screen on while app is in foreground
- Displays current ground speed
- Choose Local time or UTC
- Record every landing or full-stops only
- Because 'Flight Time' uses the GPS/ground speed to decide whether you are flying or are on the ground, very slow flight during stall training could be detected as landings and very fast touch and goes could be missed. The flight time will still be correct, just double check the number of landings if you do touch and goes, stall training or aerobatic flight when not in full-stop only mode.
- Hobbs (engine running time) is usually slightly higher than block time (time from first to last movement of plane).
- Continued use of GPS, even when running the app in the background, can decrease battery life significantly (to about half a day).
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- GPS can now stay on beyond 15 minutes of inactivity
- Fixed display of flight phase on iPad
Ratings and Reviews
I am very pleased that the 2.0 update brought an iPad version without me having to buy a separate iPad app like is the case with many other apps. I usually store my phone away during flights, but have the iPad right there for seeing the moving map anyway and can run Flight Time in the background. I contacted the developer asking for an iPad version before it was out, and he kept me well informed until the update including the iPad user interface was in the store.
I keep a paper logbook and only use the app to collect the times, so I really appreciate that the app focuses on that and doesn't clutter the screen with logbook features. Overall a great little helper :)
Great App w/new update!
This is absolutely the best, simplest, most reliable app on the market for accurately tracking flight times. In hundreds of hours flight time this app has always worked for me. No unneccessary fluff; just does what's needed.
Really useful and well designed app. This will help you measuring your takeoff and landing times automatically. Good job.
The developer, Ganymed Stanek, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Ganymed Stanek
- 3.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Ganymed Stanek
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.