FloorDesign is an interior design application (floor plan) that allows you to easily design your home plan in 2D, as well as change the color or the texture of each room, and drag - drop furniture, doors, windows... onto the room from a catalog organized by categories.
Main Functions of the application:
- SUPPORT MULTI-LANGUAGES:
- Customizable Room:
Drag (create new) room object into the draw view, double click on it to edit all information of the room (walls, intersection points. measure information....)
- Import House blueprint image:
Import a house blueprint image into the canvas, then design your new house base on it.
- Add custom items to Template list:
Right click on a group of objects then select "Add to template list" to save them so that you can reuse it later.
Use this function to create your own interior item from many basic shapes.
- Pre-Defined Interior objects:
There are many predefined nice Interior objects for you to add to the design: door, window, stair, chair, sofa....
- Basic shape :
There are many shapes to add to the design, including text box, round box, line connector, callouts....
- Over 3000 Beautiful Symbols:
More than that, there are over 3000 beautiful symbols to add the view.
Please press the "Smile icon" button on the left to add and select any symbol you want.
- Drag/Drop Image from Finder (or press Cmd-V to paste image from current Clipboard):
The application allows users to drag/drop many image files directly from Finder to current editing window.
- Allow to make curved wall inside Room object
- User could save edited room object to templates list to reused later
- When edit room object , right click on wall line to show menu with following actions : select / deselect all walls, show / hide measure arrow information, change line to curved style....
- Unlimited Undo/Redo (shortcut key: Cmd-Z / Shift-Cmd-Z)
- Copy / Paste (shortcut key: Cmd-C / Cmd-V)
- Duplicate select items (shortcut key: Cmd-D)
- Group / Ungroup Items (shortcut key: Cmd-G / Shift-Cmd-G)
- Lock/Unlock items position (shortcut key: Cmd-L / Shift-Cmd-L)
- Rotate left, rotate right (shortcut key: Cmd-J / Cmd-K)
- Trim room wall
- Scale size of select items
- Flip select items
- Customizable Color / Font / Size / Line Type
- Shadow supported
- Snap to Grid
- Auto Align with another object when resize or move
- Change display order
- Export to png, jpeg, tiff, pdf image file (shortcut key: Cmd-E)
- Print supported (shortcut key: Cmd-P)
- Import more 3d Clipart to "Interior" panel
- Improve drawing of Room, Wall objects
- Fix bugs
- Add 'Merge layers' function
- Add Decimal Precision setting
- Add menu to select all item inside a room object
- Add modify functions: Apply Gradient fill to multi objects
- Add modify functions: Copy/Paste properties
- Add more arrow types (architectural ticks....)
- Add more dash setting
- Add more fill image patterns for room object
- Add shape operation: Append, Separate
- Add short cut key CMD+B, CMD+I to change text to Bold or Italic
- Add support for macOS 10.15
- Add wall textures
- Add Zoom in, Zoom out short cut key
- Add “Copy to another layer”, “Move to another layer” menu
- Add “Resize dialog" "Crop dialog”
- Allow to change theme color of all items inside current document
- Allow to connect 2 polylines when dragging top vertex
- Allow to distribute shapes (same space between multiple shapes)
- Allow to edit any object shape in a separate dialog
- Allow to resize canvas from all directions
- Allow user to change join-path , cap-path styles for walls, shapes
- Allow user to import old House Blueprint image
- Allow user to show/hide “More shapes” dialog
- Allow user to switch between "Room" and "Wall polyline" objects
- Allow users to copy/paste selected layer
- At the bottom-right of canvas, Position & Size panel was added to edit coordinate of selected items
- Auto align all measure object when moving them
- Auto align shape, box with floors' walls
- Create room from multi points
- door and external wall polyline now can attach to a room object
- draw measure information when item is selected
- Filter by name in "More shapes" dialog
- fix arrow head size
- Hold ALT(Option) when moving objects to dublicate
- Hold CONTROL to resize/rotate a group of selected objects
- Improve app's performance
- Improve ColorWell UI
- Improve export function (add export EPS file format)
- Improve floor background select dialog
- Improve Grid setting, Snap setting (add minor step setting...)
- Improve print dialog (add Detail controls to print dialog)
- Improve UI of [More Shapes] dialog
- Improve User Interface
- More print setting
- Press "CMD-9" to change zoom to fit to canvas size
- Press and hold SPACE-BAR to maneuver/scroll around document
- Press Shift+Cmd+T to move, resize group of items temporary
- Rectangular/Polar array copy functions added
- Show measurement information (wall thick or wall length) directly onto the wall
- Support continuity when draw wall, room at intersection point
- Support Find function to search for text
- Support input size value in feet-inches format (1' 3" or 1' 6 1/2" , 1' 6 1/8")
- Support more modify functions: Path boolean operation
- Support multi-languages: English, Deutsch, Français, 日本語, 한국어, Español, Português, Čeština, Dansk, Suomi, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Русский, Svenska, ไทย, Türkçe, Tiếng Việt, 中文（中国）, 中文（台灣）
- Support to input Feet, inchs with Fraction (e.g.: 2’ 3 1/2” )
- Support to show Ruler
- Support to show unit in Feet-inches format
- Switch current select object to another shape type
- Unit setting for each document: each document support different unit setting
- Update door/window shapes
- User can move, resize object to outside of canvas's printable area
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great value and easy to use
For my needs, this app hits just the right balance of ease of use and power, and does it at an extremely reasonable price.
FloorDesign has the accuracy to be able to get everything really to scale--not just eyeball sizes, but the sub-inch accurate measurements of a CAD program and useful features like set-and-forget wall thickness, while being intuitive enough to figure out just by playing around and experimenting. I had a to-scale model of my house put together in a modest amount of time and with a minimum of frustration.
The app also has good layer support, which is a critical feature for me--I mapped out different features on different layers so I can hide or show them as needed.
The UI is a bit cluttered, and some of the modal windows for editing parts are a bit awkward, but overall it doesn't feel like a Windows port, and it does what it needs to do.
I wanted a way to map out my house's electrical wiring and estimate furniture sizes, but I could picture this app being good for just about any home-level architectural or room-layout need.
Very Good App
This app is pretty much everything I needed it to be. It has everything I needed to layout my property - the house exterior and interior as well as landscaping. All to scale with measurements included. The layers feature lets me produce views of just what I want. My only criticism is this documentation, which is quite poor. I’m sure there are many other capabilities I’d like to to know about but no help from help. I’ve learned a few important capabilities just by trial and error. But overall, this program is an excellent value.
There use to be an option for cutting a wall in part, after an update that option seem to have desapear, it probabely is somewhere but I just cant find it.
- Tien Thinh Vu
- 64.4 MB
- Graphics & Design
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Vu Tien Thinh 2020
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.