A character map for font files (installed or not). Quickly browse through a list of font files and preview their contents without installing them. Font File Browser saves you time as you search for the right fonts to use in your projects.
- Quickly browse through a list of font files and preview their contents without installing them.
- View the fonts, characters, and glyphs contained in a TTF, TTC, DFONT, OTF, or WOFF font file.
- Preview text using uninstalled fonts.
- Print font samples and character maps or save them as PDF documents.
- Extract characters from uninstalled fonts as pictures that you can use in other apps.
- Get detailed information about fonts, characters, and glyphs.
- Minor fixes and improvements.
Introduced in Version 1.2
- Quickly zoom in on the character map using the new Macro button.
Introduced in Version 1.1
- Print font samples and character maps.
- Copy characters and glyphs to the clipboard as SVG pictures.
- Supports macOS’s Dark Mode.
- Supports color SVG fonts under macOS 10.14 Mojave or later.
- Enjoy a redesigned user interface.
- Performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Works great with OpenType.
I haven't attempted to load T1 or T3 fonts but this app works great for both OTF and TTF. If you're looking to peruse your fonts without waiting for the font cache to update after adding & removing fonts then this app is what you're looking for.
Useless because of bizarre limitations
There are two limitations that make this completely useless for me. One: This will not recognize Type 1 fonts. Why in the world would someone make a font app that can’t handle the second-most common font format? Two: The function that lets you print a font sample sheet (of uninstalled fonts) only works with ONE FONT AT A TIME. So if you’ve got thousands of fonts and you want to make a sample book, you’ll need to take a few years off to one-at-a-time this thing. I spent ten dollars on something completely useless.
Dosn’t Recognize Fonts
I purchased this app because it allows you preview fonts without installing them, but after installing it I found out that it doesn’t recognize important font formats like PostScript Type 1 and Font Suitcase files. As a long-time designer I have many fonts in these formats which I need to be able to see. To me this is not worth the $10 if I can’t use it on most of my fonts. The program itself seems well made other than being limited in application.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- X04 Studios Inc.
- 8.4 MB
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2006-2022 X04 Studios Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.