Moderation is a radically simple food diary which aims to bring the fun back to tracking what you eat. The App removes the complexity of scanning barcodes or calorie counting, and instead presents a simple interface to quickly record if what you have eaten was healthy or not.
People who track what they eat are more likely to make better decisions based on their long term goals. Unlike other apps, Moderation doesn’t slow you down by trying to be a calorie counter.
Moderation isn’t just a meal tracker though, it also presents you with actionable insights. This allows you to be more mindful about your choices, but without the restrictive living of calorie counting.
You can also track your weight within the App with our simple weight loss tracker, and understand the correlation between your diet, healthiness and weight loss.
Moderation isn’t your normal diet app or calorie tracker - it’s the world's simplest food diary. If you are looking for an alternative to calorie counting, then download Moderation for free today to start using our great features:
* A simple approach to tracking your food, just track if your meal was healthy or unhealthy.
* Log your meals quickly and conveniently from Siri Shortcuts or from interactive notifications.
* Beautifully designed widgets to help you log meals or view your progress.
* Low carb? Gluten free? Chocolate? Use tags to optionally gain extra insight into your meals.
* Support for Dark Mode.
* No account needed and no ads.
A subscription to Moderation Pro unlocks the following:
* Weight loss tracking - with integration of Apple Health.
* Unlimited Tags.
* Tag people you eat with to understand how they can impact on your eating choices.
* Brunch? Elevenses? Create custom meal types to match how you segment your meals throughout the day.
* Nag Mode, extra reminders to log your meal for those of us who need a constant reminder!
* A wide variety of themes and app icons.
This app integrates with Apple Health.
Various bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but breakfast-centric.
I love everything about this app, except the fact that the UI really expects you to eat three meals a day — breakfast, lunch, dinner. I do fasting and don’t have much of an appetite in the morning, so most days I skip breakfast. The app really doesn’t handle that situation well. Is the dev in the pocket of Big Cereal? You be the judge.
Amazing app, changing the way I eat.
I was using another app for the purpose of logging meals and it was SUCH A SLOG to record all the details. By contrast this app is a breath of fresh air—all of the good and none of the slog... I LOVE IT! The streaks are super motivating.
Add in the focus on privacy and I’m a convert. I want to donate to this app’s development team.
This app seems to be a little bit complicated to get started with. More instructions would be helpful.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dominic Williams
- 18.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Moderation 2022
- In-App Purchases
- Moderation Pro Annual $29.99
- Moderation Pro Monthly $4.99
- Moderation Pro Annual $17.49
- Moderation Pro Monthly $2.49
- Coffee Tip $2.99
- Kind Tip $0.99
- Amazing Tip $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.