The most authoritative guide to eating well in the City of Light is now available as an application for iOS.
Paris has been home to food critic, cookbook author, and cooking school teacher Patricia Wells for more than 35 years, and no one knows Paris’s culinary scene better. With this app, discover Patricia’s top picks of restaurants, cafes, wine bars, bakeries, pastry, chocolate and cheese shops, markets, wine shops, specialty food shops and kitchen and tableware shops.
Regularly updated, Patricia and her small but expert team are constantly expanding and fine-tuning their list of favorite gastronomic destinations. Visitors will find old favorites as well as new inspirations, covering every category from spots for quick bites to crêperies, sushi and dumpling treasures, as well as Michelin three-star haute cuisine restaurants.
“Food lovers rejoice! You can now tour Paris with Patricia Wells, the city’s most reliable guide to its very best spots. Her app is fast and easy to use, chock-full of terrific information and a great read. In other words, it’s a delicious must-have.” Dorie Greenspan, author of Dorie’s Cookies and Around My French Table
• Discover more than 500 of the city’s ultimate culinary destinations, tested by Patricia and her team and regularly updated with detailed dependable commentary.
• Search by category using a filter to refine your search by cuisine type, neighborhood, details such as Michelin stars or gluten-free, atmosphere, price, and culinary specialties.
• Browse the app contents by category or neighborhood, or by restaurant specifics such as price, cuisine type, specialties or restaurant details like vegetarian-friendly or Michelin-star rating.
• A map of Paris shows the location of all the addresses in the guide (use the filter to limit the addresses to those you are interested in). An offline geolocator allows you to see your location even when you’re not connected to the internet.
• A-Z glossary of French culinary terms to help translate menus on the spot.
• Bookmark your favorite addresses, and access Patricia’s current favorites and seasonal recommendations in the Picks section.
• English language only.
Patricia Wells, author and former Washington Post and New York Times journalist, was global food critic for the International Herald Tribune for more than 25 years. She has written five print editions of The Food Lover’s Guide to Paris and 14 other books, including Bistro Cooking and Trattoria. With her husband, Walter, Patricia has lived in France since 1980 and also teaches classes at her popular cooking school – At Home with Patricia Wells – in Paris and Provence.
For more information visit www.foodloversparis.com
To offer feedback or report issues on the App, email email@example.com
© 2017 Patricia Wells
Support for iOS 13 and improvements to the glossary to include searches in English
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Feels amateur at best
I was excited about this guide but I ended up using Google restaurant searches and David Lebowitz’s blog for better suggestions. Half the time her reviews feel half hearted. She only ate one thing at the restaurant and looked over people’s shoulders to “review” what they ate. This is not the work of a food writer. It is really disappointing. Save your money.
This updated version is beautiful and very functional. Even when not online, the map is accurate and useful. It made my most recent trip to Paris a resounding success, taking me to local haunts and new neighborhoods I would not have visited otherwise. Just like having a trusted local guide with you at all times.
I trust Patricia Wells and she does not disappoint!
I’ve been to Paris many times and love using her app because it breaks down by arrondissement. Super easy to search and her recommendations are solid. I may not love the same dishes/breads she does but the places she recommends are amazing!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.