The most authoritative guide to eating well in the City of Light is now available as an application for iOS.
Paris has been home to food critic, cookbook author, and cooking school teacher Patricia Wells for more than 35 years, and no one knows Paris’s culinary scene better. With this app, discover Patricia’s top picks of restaurants, cafes, wine bars, bakeries, pastry, chocolate and cheese shops, markets, wine shops, specialty food shops and kitchen and tableware shops.
Regularly updated, Patricia and her small but expert team are constantly expanding and fine-tuning their list of favorite gastronomic destinations. Visitors will find old favorites as well as new inspirations, covering every category from spots for quick bites to crêperies, sushi and dumpling treasures, as well as Michelin three-star haute cuisine restaurants.
“Food lovers rejoice! You can now tour Paris with Patricia Wells, the city’s most reliable guide to its very best spots. Her app is fast and easy to use, chock-full of terrific information and a great read. In other words, it’s a delicious must-have.” Dorie Greenspan, author of Dorie’s Cookies and Around My French Table
• Discover more than 500 of the city’s ultimate culinary destinations, tested by Patricia and her team and regularly updated with detailed dependable commentary.
• Search by category using a filter to refine your search by cuisine type, neighborhood, details such as Michelin stars or gluten-free, atmosphere, price, and culinary specialties.
• Browse the app contents by category or neighborhood, or by restaurant specifics such as price, cuisine type, specialties or restaurant details like vegetarian-friendly or Michelin-star rating.
• A map of Paris shows the location of all the addresses in the guide (use the filter to limit the addresses to those you are interested in). An offline geolocator allows you to see your location even when you’re not connected to the internet.
• A-Z glossary of French culinary terms to help translate menus on the spot.
• Bookmark your favorite addresses, and access Patricia’s current favorites and seasonal recommendations in the Picks section.
• English language only.
Patricia Wells, author and former Washington Post and New York Times journalist, was global food critic for the International Herald Tribune for more than 25 years. She has written five print editions of The Food Lover’s Guide to Paris and 14 other books, including Bistro Cooking and Trattoria. With her husband, Walter, Patricia has lived in France since 1980 and also teaches classes at her popular cooking school – At Home with Patricia Wells – in Paris and Provence.
For more information visit www.foodloversparis.com
To offer feedback or report issues on the App, email email@example.com
© 2017 Patricia Wells
Bug-fix update for iOS 15. Bon appétit!
Ratings and Reviews
Won’t update. Emails for support rejected
I have always loved this app, but when I downloaded it to a new iPhone, I lost the 2021 updates that were on my old phone. I cannot get the app to show anything beyond 2019. Emails to the app help site have been rejected by their server. Frustrating, tho app problems are pretty minor compared to everything else going on on the world right now.
This updated version is beautiful and very functional. Even when not online, the map is accurate and useful. It made my most recent trip to Paris a resounding success, taking me to local haunts and new neighborhoods I would not have visited otherwise. Just like having a trusted local guide with you at all times.
for serious researchers, not tourists
bought this app before first trip to Paris, thinking it would help me find good restaurants while walking around neighborhoods. such a tiny % of restaurants are covered here, it’s not helpful for that. also no indication of when a review was last updated
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Food Lovers & Co. Inc
- 86.5 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Patricia Wells
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.