A sample of the most authoritative guide to eating well in the City of Light is now available as an application for iOS.
“Food lovers rejoice! You can now tour Paris with Patricia Wells, the city’s most reliable guide to its very best spots. Her app is fast and easy to use, chock-full of terrific information and a great read. In other words, it’s a delicious must-have.”
Dorie Greenspan, author of Dorie’s Cookies and Around My French Table
FEATURES OF THE FULL VERSION
• Discover more than 500 of the city’s ultimate culinary destinations, tested by Patricia and her team and regularly updated with detailed dependable commentary.
• Search by category using a filter to refine your search by cuisine type, neighborhood, details such as Michelin stars or gluten-free, atmosphere, price, and culinary specialties.
• Browse the app contents by category or neighborhood, or by restaurant specifics such as price, cuisine type, specialties or restaurant details like vegetarian-friendly or Michelin-star rating.
• A map of Paris shows the location of all the addresses in the guide (use the filter to limit the addresses to those you are interested in). An offline geolocator allows you to see your location even when you’re not connected to the internet.
• A-Z glossary of French culinary terms to help translate menus on the spot.
• Bookmark your favorite addresses, and access Patricia’s current favorites and seasonal recommendations in the Picks section.
• English language only.
Patricia Wells, author and former Washington Post and New York Times journalist, was global food critic for the International Herald Tribune for more than 25 years. She has written five print editions of The Food Lover’s Guide to Paris and 14 other books, including Bistro Cooking and Trattoria. With her husband, Walter, Patricia has lived in France since 1980 and also teaches classes at her popular cooking school – At Home with Patricia Wells – in Paris and Provence.
For more information visit www.foodloversparis.com
To offer feedback or report issues on the App, email email@example.com
© 2017 Patricia Wells
Support for iOS 13 and improvements to the glossary to include searches in English
Ratings and Reviews
Misleading app! Don't buy it. Only 2 or 3 restaurants listed per search. This is truly shameful.
Food lover's guide to Paris
I bought the softcover The food lover's guide to Paris written by Ms.
I found out it was printed at the beginning of 2014.
I think I know Paris well, but her booklet looked like an advertorial to me.
Many great restaurants were missing, whether old or new.
Terminus Nord, the restaurant of the Meurice, le Palais Royal in the rue Beaujolais, le Boudoir, le bistro du sommelier le Mazarine, as well as many simple restaurants and all are very difficult to find in the book.
So I bought the app for the same title thinking that with a sound app
One can cross reference all the categories.
Buy a local Parisian weekend newspaper edition and find all what you need and you are better informed
I am stuck with a book e.g. look at Chez George rue du mail!
The family sold the business, I know George, Bernard and Bernard's son, frequented it since 1971 and not a word about the actual situation.
And I also now have an app that I will not use.
Paris is a great city with superb restaurants, open markets and trendsetting dept. stores and I cherish everyone that tells us about the inns and outs.
Bon Appetit as Julia Child use to say!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Food Lovers & Co. Inc
- 48.9 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Patricia Wells
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.