Foody is your personal diary for keeping track of your food and symptoms you may experience from it. Once used for a couple of days Foody lets you analyze your diet and symptoms to assist you in understanding your health. The more you record, the better Foody can help you analyzing it. Therefor it was designed with focus on ease of use and simplicity rather than complicated forms.
◊ Record your Food
- Mark your meals as breakfast, lunch, dinner or just snacks and drinks in between.
- Solid food and drinks are separted for or a better overview.
- No need to guess amounts or what not.
- Add unlimited ingredients for dishes and drinks.
- Add notes to your meals to include as mush details as you need.
◊ Record Symptoms
- Add symptoms by a concise title
- Use the intensity to keep track of how symptoms evolve.
- Add notes to include as mush details as you need to.
◊ Input Helper
Entering the same over and over again is cumbersome. Foody helps you with a custom prediction bar above the keyboard. It suggests your most used symptoms, foods, drinks and even ingredients so entering common items is only a matter of seconds.
◊ Timeline / Overview
- View and modify your diary entries in a beautiful timeline.
- Apply filters to analyze and check any suspicion.
- Filter to display only a custom period / date range.
- Filter food based on meal type and search term.
- Choose to hide symptoms or filter by search term.
- No setup required: Foody is ready to record right away. No need to sign up, fill out stuff or create catalogs before.
- All on your device: Everything is stored only on your device. No Cloud is involved at all.
- Fully Offline: Since everything happens on your device without internet connection, it works where ever you go.
- 3D Touch - Home Screen Quick Actions: With Quick Actions adding meals and symptoms on iPhone 6s is even faster.
- Reminders: Foody can send you notifications to remind you of entering missing meals.
- PDF Export: Share your diary with your doctor or nutritionist.
PLEASE NOTE: Foody is free to download and try out including all features. However, there are limitations which need to be unlocked once via In-App purchase for a serious use.
Foody never prompts for app store reviews because that's just annoying, right? If you like Foody I'd be happy to see you showing it some love by leaving a review. It also helps spreading Foody. Thanks in advance!
Ratings and Reviews
Very easy and helpful app!
I liked this app so much that one or two days into free trial I purchased the full version. (The trial allows full functionality but the paid version allows unlimited usage- exporting reports and such). After another day or so I even purchased the medication add on.
App is easy to use. I did have a question that took the developer a little bit of time to respond to, but he ultimately did respond with apology for late response. It turned out ok because I ended up figuring out the answer myself in the meantime.
I did have a suggestion for one slight improvement and the developer answered quite quickly. I was told my idea isn’t quite possible yet but others have suggested same thing so my request is being added to the list of people making the request. (Ability to add photo into symptom section).
Looking forward to bringing my print out to the doctor.
Just what I was looking for
Struggling with a suddenly worsened food intolerance and severe acid reflux, resulting in having to do an elimination diet. I checked out so many apps that focused more on calories and didn’t help me track what was happening in my body in response to specific foods or medications.
Foody has been perfect for what I needed! Easily enter meals (love reusable ingredient breakdowns), track symptoms, and miscellaneous category allows me to document meds, exercise, and more. I used the free version and could generate pdfs for the last 7 days that I can easily share with my allergist & decided to pay for the full features since it looks like it’s gonna take some time and trial and error to safely reintroduce foods.
Highly recommend this app for anyone trying to better understand connections between their diet and symptoms. My only negatives are that you have to pay for medication add-on separately from the lifetime paid version, and the Send Feedback link doesn’t seem to work. One thing I’d love is if there could be a desktop option so I could enter data from my laptop more easily than on my phone.
Very portable alternative to a “notebook sized log”
Both for myself and for my doctor’s visit next week. I was keeping a handwritten log in a pocket sized notebook — then I found Foody. I too like how it doesn’t focus on calories/nutrients/etc, as these aren’t useful for my purpose, as well as it seems, many other users of this app.
However, I agree that there needs to more of a direct correlation between the food consumed and the symptoms. Perhaps this could be parsed from the time eaten/onset of the effects … but this seems like a bit more work on the part of the reader than is necessary.
I had to guess what the 3 check boxes under “SITUATION” were intended to mean … perhaps (CIRCUMSTANCES?) especially the “On The Way” choice. It could be better explained and also have more choices, as more than those 3 reasons are usually possible; even probable. Maybe add two more choices/check boxes for overall moods/feelings: positive (happy, energized, even simply “good”) or negative (sad, angry, frustrated, etc)? These do have an effect on the food choices made as well as the possible outcomes.
I do like how one is able to add more details in the text box that follows each entry.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Martin Stemmle
- 35 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Martin Stemmle
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Unlimited $5.99
- Medication Category $0.99