FOX 13 News Utah gives you up-to-the-minute local news, breaking news alerts, 24/7 live streaming video, accurate weather forecasts, severe weather updates, and in-depth investigations from the local news station you know and trust.
Connect to your community through our local news app. We're celebrating what makes our community great, giving you context to understand local issues and sharing solutions to help you solve problems.
• Get up-to-the-minute breaking news alerts and stories.
• Tap 'Top News' to read the most important news of the day as curated by our local news teams.
• Tap 'Most Recent' to read the news stories published most recently.
• Get full support for Dark Mode and Light Mode based on your device preference.
• Watch our 24/7 live streaming news channel.
• Watch video on demand clips from recent newscasts.
• You're in control over what you want to watch and when.
• Get daily video weather updates from your trusted local weather team.
• Stay up to date with hourly and daily weather forecasts.
• View interactive weather radar to help you track rain, snow and storms.
• Get weather conditions and forecasts for your location.
We're committed to continually improving your experience in our app. Please let us know how we're doing by leaving a review in the App Store.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This release includes some maintenance items to improve your overall news experience. Thanks for supporting local journalism!
Ratings and Reviews
Where’d the local time and “news ticker” go while watching on Apple TV
Everything seems to work nicely for live news/ broadcasting except for missing these two very convenient items. It’s a Utah channel/app broadcasting Utah news/weather, I don’t see why those can’t be included for anyone/everyone who downloads this app regardless of where they are.
Today’s snow storm
This is not a review because I watch Fox 13 every morning to get an idea of the traffic flow in the morning. What I would like to know is why weren’t the snow plows out earlier this morning? I got on the freeway at about 7:45 and only saw 1 snow plow before I got to 106th so. The freeway was an icey ride until I got to the I 15 to I 215 interchange. It took me almost 40 minutes to cross 7200 So. This storm has been talked about and known for about a week? Why weren’t the snow plows deployed before traffic got going?
Great for reading, awful for watching
The ads that play before a video are typically 30 seconds in length but the video player plays them repeatedly. I refuse to even try to get through the video ads anymore. Also, if I tilt my phone for full screen the ads start over. I’ve used this app for the last 3-4 years and, in total, I’ve probably made it through the video ads fewer than ten times. I staunchly avoid the videos attached to stories for this reason.
Otherwise it’s relatively good content and well placed/timed push notifications.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- E.W. Scripps Company
- 54.8 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © The E.W. Scripps Company