Fox 2 St Louis Weather 4+
Tribune Broadcasting Company
Designed for iPad
The KTVI Mobile Weather App includes:
* Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
* 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
* Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
* High resolution satellite cloud imagery
* Current weather updated multiple times per hour
* Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
* Ability to add and save your favorite locations
* A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
* Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
* Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
Ratings and Reviews
App data rarely matches Fox 2 local
The new update has shrunk the giant ad banner down to a more reasonable size. I have been using the KMOV channel 4 weather app ever since this one brought about the giant ad banner. The KMOV app includes a lot of things I don’t need in my weather app. Things like weather closings, live streaming, web cams, etc. But I’m going to stick with it for a while to see if I like it better.
My biggest complaint about the Fox 2 weather app over the years has always been that the weather data they pull for the app in no way matches the weather forecast coming from Fox 2. Oftentimes being very different from one another. The whole point of downloading a local weather app from a local broadcast station is to get that same information on the go, 24/7. I want the same information that comes from our local weathermen who are in the area and know the local climate. I’ll continue to use the KMOV weather app to see if their app data is more in line with their local forecasts.
Not compatible with iPhone XR
This has been my only go-to weather app for years, even the past 2.5 years that I have been living 3.5 hours away from St. Louis. But I just got a new phone and now most of the app features are not accessible. The drop down choices for radar map, hourly forecast, etc is not visible or accessible. The app ads are at the top of the view and covering the app menu options. UNFORTUNATELY I'LL HAVE TO FIND ANOTHER APP THAT WORKS WITH MY iPhone XR and has the RADAR option.
Weather Coverage You Can Count On
I’ve never had a problem with the FOX 2 weather app, it does not have all of the features that the KMOV app has though. In future updates, you may want to consider adding in some of the graphics that they actually use on the air, like KMOV. I love the FOX 2 weather team, and that’s why I’m giving the app 5 stars, but there is a lot of room for more features.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TRIBUNE BROADCASTING COMPANY INC
- 65.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © The Weather Company