Free French dictionary and thesaurus plus French to English translations and an offline dictionary. Play audio pronunciations of words, save unlimited bookmarks, and use voice searches.
* 105,000+ French definitions, including verb conjugations, all from authoritative sources.
* 88,000+ words available in the free offline French dictionary. No additional downloads required!
* French-English translations.
* Play audio pronunciations of words and learn how to say the word.
* Save unlimited bookmarks and quickly view your favorite words.
* Use native voice search to look up a word just by saying it. (With supported devices)
* See search suggestions as you type and always find what you're looking for.
* Advanced search options.
* View recent searches.
* Adjust font size.
* Share your favorite words through social networks, emails and text messages. (With supported devices)
* This is not a trial version. You can access all content immediately and forever!
How do we do it?
TheFreeDictionary.com - Farlex apps have been downloaded tens of millions times across multiple platforms, with top ratings after hundreds of thousands of reviews. We work with the best publishers to bring together trusted content in the most comprehensive, authoritative dictionary apps on the market. Our flagship app is The Free Dictionary (TFD), powered by TheFreeDictionary.com. Find our other apps by searching "Dictionary Farlex" in the App Store.
* Bug fixes.
* If you like The Free Dictionary app, please rate it 5 stars in the App Store! We read every single review we receive, but unfortunately the App Store does not give us the ability to respond. If you have any problems or questions, please use the "Feedback" option in the settings menu to email support[at]tfd[dot]com. You'll be amazed how quickly we reply!
Ratings and Reviews
An excellent monolingual French-French dictionary
This is the best of the many monolingual French-French dictionaries that I’ve tried. It combines a number of dictionaries, including very recent ones and one from the 18th century, so it’s suitable not just for daily use, but for reading classic French literature. Plus, you get a greater diversity of examples. You can use it off-line, too, so it’s great if you’re on a plane (or stuck in the Métro, like I am right now!). Highly recommended!
I love this very very useful dictionary,
However It would be better to have a feature that can add some other sources, mean some other dictionary sites.
I love it but there is one feature that I’d like to see implemented, the application should be accessible within other applications, for example when reading an e-book, users should be able to have access to the application by clicking on a word then the option ‘share’ and the application’s name will come up.
- Farlex, Inc.
- 107.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Farlex, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-free upgrade $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.