Friction is a light-weight app designed to allow you to draw on your Mac with your iPad. Perfect for teachers, students, professionals and anyone who needs to annotate.
How it works
1. Download Friction on both your Mac and iPad
2. Plug your iPad into your Mac
3. Open Friction
4. Start drawing on your iPad!
Sometimes, you might need to draw diagrams on your Mac while screen sharing. Wouldn't it be nice to just turn your Mac's screen black or white? That's pretty much what the black/whiteboard feature does. Turn it on using View > Blackboard/Whiteboard.
Nice diagram, but how to save it? Well, you could screenshot it but that's not as fun as going up to File -> Download Drawing and the drawing will be saved to your Photos.
Maybe you're a teacher drawing a diagram. Drawing the same diagram over and over again is annoying and time consuming. Just draw it once, go to File -> Save to Sketches and it'll be in the Sketches folder. From your Sketches folder, just tap on a drawing and you can use them as many times as you want. You can also hold down on them to delete them.
Improved Menu Bar
- Added a Frequently Asked Questions button in the menu bar.
- Menu bar menus now close when you tap outside of the menu bar.
- Tapping on the Friction icon in the menu bar now brings up a menu instead of redirecting directly to the website.
For more on the changes, visit friction.tk.sg/changelog.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 953.3 KB
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Tinkertanker Pte Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.