From Seed to Spoon Makes Growing Food Simple!
• Complete Growing Guides for 100+ Vegetables, Herbs, and Fruits!
• Log Plants, Events, Notes & Photos From Your Garden in Garden+
• Filter Plants List Based on Their Associated Health Benefits
• Customized Planting Dates (With Reminders!) Based on Your GPS Location to Ensure You're Planting at the Right Time
• View Varieties for Each Plant & Purchase Seeds / Transplants Directly from Park Seed, One of the Most Trusted Names in Seeds
• Avoid Pests & Diseases with Proven Companion Planting Strategies & Other Organic Growing Methods
• Build & Intelligently Plan Your Garden Space
• Identify & Eliminate Garden Pests with Natural Methods
• Attract & Encourage Beneficial Garden Insects Like Ladybugs & Butterflies
• Learn How We Grow Food For Our Family of 6 Through Videos and Blog Posts Straight From Our Garden
HI! We're Dale and Carrie Spoonemore, the creators of “From Seed to Spoon.” We decided in spring of 2015 that we wanted to try growing food for our family of 6. We started with a typical Oklahoma Bermuda grass lawn, and over the course of two years, we converted it into an urban backyard food farm. We spent nearly all of our free time over the course of those two years reading books, attending classes, and watching YouTube videos to learn all we could about gardening and growing food, and now our FREE mobile app combines everything we've learned into one easy to use app!
We remember how lost and overwhelmed we felt when we first started, and now we want to share what we’ve learned in hopes of helping others grow food for themselves as well! Growing your own food doesn't have to be difficult and we're here to help you grow food efficiently, economically, and sustainably!
- Tapping on the top status bar or active tab icon on the bottom will now scroll the list back to the top
- "Can Be Planted" filter will now work for summer-planted crops
Ratings and Reviews
Great for beginners!
I recently got into gardening and was struggling to find a one-stop for gardening knowledge. When I came across this app it was great. There are many vegetables with guides that allow you all the knowledge required to help you start growing your own produce. On top of this, you are able to enter your location to see when you should plant things in your area. Once you have figured out what you want to plant and when you can plant it, the note/log feature is handy to keep track of when your plant has sprouted, when you have watered last, and much more. The one thing I wish was more detailed are the specific seed types that you are planting, but I know this can be hard to implement as there are so many different kinds out there and such. I have given five stars because the family behind this app has gone above and beyond and I am excited to see what they will add to the app in the future.
My go to gardening app
I am relatively new to gardening and have not had as much of a success with many plants other then peppers. I discovered this app through a gardening Facebook group and it has changed my life. For me the hardest part is predicting when to start my plants and this gives the window you should plant for your zone and it takes out the guesswork. You can also create your own garden and add life events to the plant and it gives you your first estimated harvest which is so awesome. I am discovering new things everyday because of this app and all the amazing information it has. The best part about it is that it is free to use. I did see the garden plus part will become a paid feature in the future but I am completely okay and willing to pay for it in exchange for the information it provides. Please use this app it will change your life!
I love this app. I am new to gardening and this makes things so easy and completely takes out the guess work. It calculates when the last frost date is for your location and gives you a planting window and also a harvest window. It tells you what bugs to expect for what plants and how to get rid of them. It also tells you what plants are friends. All this info on this app and the app is FREE 99!! …for now. But honestly I’m willing to pay with everything that it has now and what they’re planning to add with the upgrade. They’ll be multiple other features that I can’t think of right now but what I’m excited about is the watering schedule. Like are you kidding me? I won’t have to keep up with watering/fertilizing for every single plant and the app will do it for me??? Take my money, they can’t update it fast enough
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- FROM SEED TO SPOON, LLC
- 82.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 From Seed to Spoon