From Seed to Spoon Makes Growing Food Simple!
• Complete Growing Guides for 100+ Vegetables, Herbs, and Fruits!
• Filter Plants List Based on Their Associated Health Benefits
• Customized Planting Dates (With Reminders!) Based on Your GPS Location to Ensure You're Planting at the Right Time
• View Varieties for Each Plant & Purchase Seeds / Transplants Directly from Burpee, One of the Most Trusted Names in Seeds (Our users receive an exclusive 10% discount on all products!)
• Avoid Pests & Diseases with Proven Companion Planting Strategies & Other Organic Growing Methods
• Build & Intelligently Plan Your Garden Space
• Identify & Eliminate Garden Pests with Natural Methods
• Attract & Encourage Beneficial Garden Insects Like Ladybugs & Butterflies
• Learn How We Grow Food For Our Family of 6 Through Weekly Videos and Daily Blog Posts Right From Our Garden
HI! We're Dale and Carrie Spoonemore, the creators of “From Seed to Spoon.” We decided in spring of 2015 that we wanted to try growing food for our family of 6. We started with a typical Oklahoma Bermuda grass lawn, and over the course of two years, we converted it into an urban backyard food farm. We spent nearly all of our free time over the course of those two years reading books, attending classes, and watching YouTube videos to learn all we could about gardening and growing food, and now our FREE mobile app combines everything we've learned into one easy to use app!
We remember how lost and overwhelmed we felt when we first started, and now we want to share what we’ve learned in hopes of helping others grow food for themselves as well! Growing your own food doesn't have to be difficult and we're here to help you grow food efficiently, economically, and sustainably!
This update fixes an issue that caused intermittent scrolling issues after the most recent iOS update. We also updated companion plants, health conditions, and pest data throughout the app!
Check out our website for our April Smart Pots, Seeding Square, and Burpee giveaway - seedtospoon.net
Ratings and Reviews
A Gardener’s Must-Have!
I have spent a lot of time and money trying to find the perfect app to accompany my home gardening planning along with my school garden planning. While other apps have plenty of information, I cannot speak highly enough about the organization, simplicity, and ease of this app. Instead of swiping between gardening apps & Google, I can stay right here for what I need. I can’t wait to use this site in my vlog & to get my students using it as well!
Founder of The Bullock Garden Project
Developer Response ,
Hi Sonya! The Bullock Garden Project looks amazing and I’m so inspired by what you are doing. Thank you so much for the kind words, and please reach out if I can ever do anything to help you all.
Best gardening app ever!
Growing food has been on my bucket list forever. I have grown tomatoes but that has been it. Every time I start, I get overwhelmed with information and just want to build a database! Enter Seed to Spoon! These folks have put it all together in an easy to use format that satisfied my OCD and let me just jump in and see what happened! Please, please, if you want to try growing veggies, use this app and support these people! They have created a miracle!
Best Gardening App Ever!
I just love this app! It shows you what plants to grow for most all health challenges. Then it even tells you everything you need to know on how to grow each of those plants! The weather locator is amazing. It tracks where I am at and applied to that area while I am there. I love an app to guide me when and where to plant a seed, which plants tolerate transplanting and even when they will need water. This is my go to garden guide!
- FROM SEED TO SPOON, LLC
- 126.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 From Seed to Spoon
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.