About Herbs is presented by Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center’s Integrative Medicine Service. This app works on iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch devices.
• More than 200 monographs describing the structure, purported uses, adverse effects, and drug interactions of various herbs, botanicals, supplements, complementary therapies, and more
• Objective information backed by scientific references
• Two different versions of each monograph: one written for healthcare professionals and one for consumers
• Search by product or service name, or by medical condition
• Save favorites and explore featured products and services
• Weekly updates with new and updated monographs
• Access content offline after the app has been downloaded, with no Internet connection needed
• Original artist renderings of each product and service
• Share content by e-mailing the link for a monograph on our About Herbs website
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is one of the world’s premier cancer centers, committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, and outstanding educational programs. In this app, our Integrative Medicine Service, under the leadership of a pharmacist and botanicals expert, provides comprehensive, objective information about herbs, botanicals, supplements, complementary therapies, and more.
The content in this app is provided as general health information only. It is not to be used as a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment of any health condition or problem. Any questions regarding your own health should be addressed to your own physician or other healthcare provider.
* Updates to external web links and bug fixes to the download of herb updates.
* Centered the browse and search buttons for a more consistent experience across different device sizes.
NOTE: Those with older versions installed must delete the app first before installing to prevent crashes after upgrading. If you've already upgraded and having crashes, please delete first and get the application again.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Handy app; needs font size options
I use this periodically at work and home, and appreciate the detailed information. My only gripe is the very small text size, it looks like 7 or 8-point font. You can pinch and zoom, but then you have to move the screen around to read.
After I updated iOS, this app would crash and close as soon as I opened it. I deleted it, then reinstalled it, and now the app works fine.
Developer: please make either a 'medium' and 'large' font that justify to the screen width, or else a font size 'slider' adjustment like in the iphone text size options screen.
Pretty good app. I appreciate that herbal remedies should not be used in place of medicines for any serious problems (an herbal tea instead of melatonin or indigestion medication is fine), but I love how you explain what chemicals are present in the plant are shown to help the various conditions under the right dosage and circumstances.
Might I suggest including Plantago/Plantain as THE healing poultice for centuries; even being mentioned in some of Shakespeare’s works.
Eating a bit of charcoal or wood ash can help with indigestion. (I’ve also heard that eating activated charcoal can help with detoxifying from barracuda poisoning, but I don’t know how accurate that is)
Pouring a bit of melted wax on a bee sting or broken sea-urchin quill and allowing it to cool can help to safely remove them without further pushing them in or breaking them off.
Delete then download for newest v
I’m running competitive research of medicinal herb apps because I had an idea to develop an app as a side project. Then i find this gem! I’m moving forward with my project and taking the reviews here into consideration. Excited to find my initial idea to allow users to browse based on their main symptom and track a remedy that way is what the user wants. Also, my app won’t be backed by their fine medical institution but it will definitely have better UX (user experience). Best of luck to you on your search for herbal solutions!
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- 56.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2015 Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.