Fury of Dracula: Digital Edition is the digital adaptation of the much-loved board game, first published in 1987 by Games Workshop. Based on the 4th Edition of the game, this faithful adaptation allows you to re-experience this iconic game of gothic horror and deduction in a whole new way.
Fury of Dracula is a board game that emphasizes hidden movement and teamwork, with the hunters having to coordinate their movements to close the net on Dracula. Players take turns moving across Europe, with Dracula moving in secret as he increases his influence. Dracula has a host of tricks and traps up his sleeves, to misdirect and hide from the hunters - but the hunters are armed with plenty of tools too!
Each hunter provides a new way to play, with unique stats and abilities to aid them in the fight against this ancient evil. Dracula himself has a range of unholy powers to call upon, allowing him to transform and enthral humans, along with transforming into a bat or mist in order to escape the hunters.
Once the hunters and Dracula finally clash, bloody and gruesome combat ensues. Nobody is safe as Dracula lashes out at his pursuers, and the hunters battle against the inhuman and immortal Count. Featuring a card-based combat system that rewards bluffing and tactical choices, no two clashes are the same.
DETAILED TUTORIAL - In-depth tutorials walk you through everything to start your hunt.
A FAITHFUL ADAPTATION - Based on the 4th Edition of the physical game, Fury of Dracula: Digital Edition recreates the iconic board game in its entirety.
MULTIPLE GAME MODES - Choose from battling against the AI, teaming up with friends locally or taking the hunt global with up to five players in online battles.
HAUNTING ANIMATIONS - The artwork from the original board game bursts to life with beautiful and bloody animations for every single piece.
A CHILLING SOUNDTRACK - Composed and created from the ground up for Fury of Dracula: Digital Edition, this soundtrack is sure to send chills down your spine.
ONLINE PLAY - Take the hunt online with up to 5 players, with in-game chat to help coordinate your search across Europe.
Will you take on the role of Dracula as he increases his influence over Europe? Or will you and up to three friends take on the role of Dr. Abraham Van Helsing, Dr. John Seward, Lord Arthur Godalming, and Mina Harker as they attempt to stop him before his bloody plans bare fruit? Join the hunt now!
• Online games can be spectated
• Online games can be rejoined
• Added "Auto-Consume Rail Ticket" option
• Added feedback when the hunter you are trading with accepts your proposal
• Dracula is now warned when promoting a revealed hideout to a lair that revisiting a revealed lair will reveal Dracula's current location
• Multiple cards being received, revealed or discarded are now displayed all at once in most instances
• The timer can now be skipped or halted on the dialog which shows cards being received, revealed or discarded
• Consolidated combat info dialogs
• Hunters in hospital now appear around the hospital
• Altered how AI Dracula selects connections for token placement
• The camera will now focus on tokens being placed or removed from the map by remote or AI players
• AI hunters will now always accept trade proposals
• AI Van Helsing will now offer to trade with other hunters who have event cards that they cannot play
• AI hunters will now trade synergistic item cards if available (e.g. if you have Pistol and they have Holy Bullets)
• Fixed Dracula not drawing a card after a hunter encounters Bats at night when Long Night is in play
• Fix playing Good Luck to cancel False Tip while under Speedy Telegraph online causing a block
• Fixed not being able to view a non-Dracula vampire's combat status effect cards after it gains a status effect
• Fixed text clashing with Dracula's combat card icon in combat after choosing to replace the hunter's combat card
• Fixed characters on a hospital city not rearranging or resizing when a hunter enters that hospital
• AI Dracula can no longer use Vampiric Influence to move a hunter by road to a city that is only adjacent by rail
• Customs Search no longer has its effect applied twice when used in conjunction with False Tip
• Connections to cities that cannot be moved to are no longer highlighted when they shouldn't be
• AI Dracula will no longer use Rumour Tokens illegally
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but needs some fixes
The four stars means “this app is good considering it just came out.” Fury of Dracula is a complex enough game that it needs a lot of work to function well in this new format. So far, it’s only part of the way to being great.
First, the positives. This app is based on what is probably my favorite board game of all time. (I suppose I’m biased because I like the book Dracula and its 500 movie adaptations.) The game is often suspenseful and exciting, and rewards intelligent/strategic play. Playing as either the hunters or Dracula comes with unique opportunities and challenges.
The game has a nice aesthetic, too, and a pretty cool soundtrack on the app. The artwork certainly reminds one of the book and its universe.
Now, the bad parts. The AI on this app isn’t good enough yet. Dracula is...okay in his AI form, but the hunters are almost totally incompetent. I’m something like 15-0 against them as Dracula and have never come close to losing. They misplay their cards, they go in the wrong directions, etc. There’s also some teething troubles with the interface (it can be tough to place roadblocks, for example).
On the whole, I’m surprised Fury of Dracula plays this well on a smartphone and I’m looking forward to seeing future updates. And maybe someday I’ll play against a human opponent, which will eliminate that pesky AI problem!
Slow with steep learning curve
Im new to “app board games” but not physical ones. Just started exploring apps to get in a board game fix with people i know, and this is the 3rd game we tried (first talisman which is easy to learn but a game can go for an hour or more, second small world which takes more strategy, but you can finish a game in under 15 mins) The digital version is my first experience with “fury of drac” and my initial reaction is not stellar.
Theres a lot going on with this game and ive always found the best way to learn is playing. That being said, the single player mode is incredibly slow paced and not much to make you feel like youre developing as a player (little reward for the time spent). Ive had to force myself to keep playing as its not very fun right away (vs something like “Talisman” which is easy to pickup and fun to play even solo).
Its not that the game is bad, but being new and its slow pacing makes it hard to get immersed. If i knew the rules or was playing with others who did (and had voice chat potential), i can tell id have an entirely different experience. For now, id have to caution new players that this isnt something youre going to immediately pick up and be enjoying in your first hour of play time. Its gonna take some work to learn and your enjoyment will likely be directly correlated to online play or your group of friends.
Great Game with a few flaws
Overall this is a great digital version of a great game. It looks and sounds great. I’m very happy to have access to the game especially now when playing the game in person is not practical.
There are a couple of things holding this back from 5 stars:
1. The AI is in a word, terrible. It is pretty much unplayable as once you have any understanding of the game you will walk all over the AI.
2. The map zoom system needs work. Sometimes you cannot see something that you need to click on. Placing and removing roadblock tokens can be a real nightmare.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nomad Games Ltd.
- 415.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2021 Nomad Games Ltd.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.