Detailed and easy-to-use offline maps. We have millions of points of interest (POI) on our maps. Record your GPS tracks and bookmark your favorite locations.
• Amazingly-detailed maps covering the entire world.
• Based on open data from OpenStreetMap project.
• Download once, then use offline without restriction.
• Maps updated monthly with most-recent fixes and additions.
• Turn-by-turn driving directions.
• Voice instructions while navigating available in nine languages.
• Routes for Driving/Cycling/Walking/Shortest Distance.
• Automatic rerouting gets you back along your way.
• Supports intermediate points on your itinerary.
• Record your trips even when the app is in the background.
• Monitor your real-time speed, distance, and time traveled, as well as altitude right on the map during the trip.
• Choose from seven solid track colors, or altitude and speed gradients.
• Incredibly fast – results appear instantly as you type.
• Search in a variety of ways – by address, object name, category, or even by GPS coordinates.
• Searches simultaneously in multiple languages, making searching easier than ever.
• Save favorite places on your map.
• Choose from a variety of map icons.
• Sync your data across multiple devices.
• Data saved on a server as a backup.
IMPORT AND EXPORT
• It's easy to export your tracks, bookmarks, or your whole travel collection as a KML or GPX file.
• Organized into collections for easy access.
• MBTiles and sqlitedb offline raster maps support.
• One-finger zooming.
• Trip computer with speed and altitude.
• Tracking mode.
• Coordinates and scale.
• Customize what objects are visible.
• 11 different map languages to choose from.
• Adjustable label size – large labels on maps are extremely useful while driving.
Going on vacation? Don't forget to download the map for your destination. Rome? Just 16Mb. Paris? Just 67Mb. Barcelona? 197Mb. Amsterdam? 261Mb. London? 283Mb. New York, Chicago, Florida, Las Vegas, Nevada, Seattle, San Francisco, California, USA? 500Mb in total.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Drag and drop any items in My Collections to move them between collections.
Fixed crash on startup for iOS 10 devices.
Fixed many minor issues in UI.
Ratings and Reviews
Great map program. Never travel without it.
I used this map program for years.
I love being able to track where I went and look at it later, and even save the data. We travel quite a bit, and use it on every trip, to help us get around, and to track our routes. Then it tells how far we traveled. Great for bike rides as well.
I started by using the Google maps while traveling, but have trouble getting it to fill in, and needed to find someplace with WiFi to fill in the details. Galileo let’s you download the maps you need and all the details are there.
I also really like being able to measure distance between two points on the map. I have organized a number of files that allows me to turn on and off points of interest, and past routs that I have traveled.
Excellent map program, I’ll never travel without it.
Love this app, I first downloaded it because of work and then I moved away where services can be even worse. The great part about this app is you can pre download the map for the area and it works offline which is ideal especially if you’re not wanting to use data or unable to. Being able to pin things to find them again is great and the pins have different categories which is perfect for me. Hands down better then the other maps for these reasons. Google maps has some offline capabilities but it seems to not be as accurate.
Essential tool for travelers
I have used it for several years. I live in the USA and travel a lot there and internationally, especially in China. Guru (Galileo) has never failed me. I never use google, and rarely use apple maps. My first look is always Guru. It even works to track your flight path when in airplane mode.
I walk around foreign cities and countryside, never worried about network connection. I tag my hotel, or friends home or bus/train station to maintain my orientation. If I find a great, tiny restaurant in an urban maze, tag it.
Just download or update maps before you go and all is well.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Evgen Bodunov
- 142.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2022 Evgen Bodunov
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.