It’s a dream of every amateur and pro gamer to have their own personal game studio where they can hire the best developers, create awesome video games and sell them for a huge profit! Game Studio Tycoon 3 gives you the chance to simulate a fully functional game development studio! Do you have what it takes to beat the competition and become the best studio in the industry?
• Start on your own in a small office, and grow your gaming business to owning 7 buildings and managing 50 employees while tasking 3 independent teams of game developers to produce different projects at the same time!
• Build your video gaming business alone, or try to get help from investors. A unique investor system allows you to sell off part of your company for money when you’re in a pinch!
• Develop games for devices from 50 years of gaming history as well as the near future.
• Create your own video games and even MMO’s! Determine the level of support for your MMO games, create updates, and run advertisement campaigns to attract new users!
• Create your own hardware! You can create a traditional console, handheld device, or even a mobile device (tablet/phone). Once your hardware is released you can try to increase your market share by investing in third party developers to produce games for your hardware. Every game you release on your own hardware can help increase your market share!
• Set the price for your games and hardware. Lower priced products tend to sell more, but turn less of a profit – find the right balance to capitalize!
• Participate in 3 yearly conventions, each targeted at different types of fans.
• Incredibly complex fan and user system. Each fan has a genre preference, and platform preference, and an age. On top of that, your fans will grow older as the game progresses!
• Compare your studio against 7 AI studios and compete for yearly awards.
• Analyze and strategize! Pour over various charts and graphs to determine what games you should make and decide what direction to take your company in.
• Plan your game projects and hardware ahead of time. You can queue up to 3 projects for each team to work on for a total of 9 projects. This means when a team is done with their current project, they will move on to the next one right away!
• Take a gamble and make games for big publishers! However, publisher deals rely on your past projects so be sure to have a high average game rating!
• Certify your employees in 8 different technical fields to help improve their performance.
Chase your dream and get immersed in the ultimate tycoon adventure of the Game Development industry!
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Performance and compatibility update
Ratings and Reviews
Great game but...
I love this game and the games before this. There is, however, one small tweak I wish could happen. I wish there was a sandbox mode that could let people have fun making games without consequences. That is all. Until this happens, I stand by my 4 stars.
Some better, some worse
This game is a lot of fun. I’ve played the other major game dev games like the ones from Kairosoft and Greenheart Games. There are some aspects of this that are great, like the size and multiple teams. It’s a completely enjoyable game to play. But...
There are a few things that the other games do better. Having access to all genres and game types from the get go is nice, but not being able to see what combinations are best makes innovation nearly impossible, and without any benefit. There’s nothing to be gained by experimenting with different combinations of type, genre, platform, age group, etc. because it doesn’t save what you’ve learned so far. The two other games above have a system to learn from the games you’ve made so that you can see what combinations work best and improve in the future. There’s seemingly no rhyme or reason to why games succeed or fail, and it’s impossible to figure it out. The only option is to look for guides and lists that have recommendations for good combinations and just repeat the same dozen that I know work. Innovation is integral in the game development industry, and this has none of that.
This game is addicting if you enjoy Tycoon games. I love it, always play it in my down time.i really Hope there are more updates to come and/or expansion updates. Because as good as it is there can always be more. Unfortunately lately i realized that after i get far in the game it crashes and doesn’t leave off where i was in progress even with auto saves. So there is that, gotta save like every 2 minutes... But other then that needing an update, the game is amazing would definitely recommend.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Ashley Sherwin
- 173.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Ashley Sherwin
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.